Vicky Cristina Barcelona

lya2112yyz

I dont understand why so many people liked this movie. I hated it, I couldnt watch the whole thing. That narration was one of the most irritating things I've ever experienced in a movie. Talk about being spoon-fed. Most of the things in the narration were either obvious or could have been easily established with a simple conversation or better character development. I felt it was lazy and demeaning.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Mar 10 2009, 08:15 PM)
I dont understand why so many people liked this movie. I hated it, I couldnt watch the whole thing. That narration was one of the most irritating things I've ever experienced in a movie. Talk about being spoon-fed. Most of the things in the narration were either obvious or could have been easily established with a simple conversation or better character development. I felt it was lazy and demeaning.

Just curious...Do you generally like Woody Allen stuff?

(And I see you were at the Gorge bekloppt.gif )

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 12 2009, 02:09 PM)

I like a lot of his older stuff, like Annie Hall. But I didnt like this movie (obviously) or Match Point.

And that was a great show, wasnt it? I felt bad for them with the equipment malfunctioning the way it did with all the wind and such but that stuff is just the icing on the cake. I was there with a friend near the front, off to the far right of the stage.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Mar 12 2009, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Mar 12 2009, 02:09 PM)

I like a lot of his older stuff, like Annie Hall. But I didnt like this movie (obviously) or Match Point.

And that was a great show, wasnt it? I felt bad for them with the equipment malfunctioning the way it did with all the wind and such but that stuff is just the icing on the cake. I was there with a friend near the front, off to the far right of the stage.

I started faaaar right, front, but moved left for the second half. It was a very windy evening indeed, which was a bummer in some respects. It did make for a string atmosphere for "The Way the Wind Blows".

In regards to VCB, I don't really remember the narration that you referenced. My fondness for the movie is probably due to a personal connection to the city of Barcelona and the country of Spain, which I've spent some time in. I thought Woody did a good job of using the city as a central character, and I thought Penelope was fantastic in her role.