KRAFTWERK

I like them. "Autobahn" is a great album. I also really love the song "The Model", I can have that song stuck in my head for weeks sometimes...

I've been jamming with some friends the last couple of days, and one of my friends has a room full of old synthesizers that we are doing some crazy stuff with and it sounds a little like Kraftwerk sometimes... They were pioneers and ahead of their time IMO.

The only album I have is Autobahn...but it's fantastic. cool.gif

I've actually been meaning to get into them more...

MUZIK

NON STOP............

I have alot of kraftwork material and love all of it. And lets not forget they have the BEST DAMN WEBSITE IN THE WORLD!

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Mar 2 2009, 11:58 PM)
Awesome to know there are other fans here. Great stuff. I highly reccomend them to everyone.

BTW awesome avatar Rush!
Best album of '09 so far IMO cool.gif

Yeah Kraftwerk are rulers of the electronic universe. Hah cool10.gif wink.gif

I love how they created most of the instruments they used.

Definitely Merriweather Post Pavilion is my favorite for 2009 so far.

It's such a happy album. A huge step up from Strawberry Jam, but all of their shit is awesome.

"Computer World" is also a very good album. I've been listening to it on my mp-3 player at work today. There are a lot of funky beats on that album.

Yesterday I listened to "Autobahn" and "The Man Machine", also very good albums. These guys were really lightyears ahead of their time.

I hear a lot of Kraftwerk influences in bands like Daft punk and modern techno music...

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Mar 3 2009, 02:31 PM)
"Computer World" is also a very good album. I've been listening to it on my mp-3 player at work today. There are a lot of funky beats on that album.
Yesterday I listened to "Autobahn" and "The Man Machine", also very good albums. These guys were really lightyears ahead of their time.
I hear a lot of Kraftwerk influences in bands like Daft punk and modern techno music...

I also listened to Computer World yesterday...

It is possibly my second or third favorite behind The Man-Machine.

They were definitely ahead of their time. cool10.gif

They used to set their synths on "play" then go to dinner, record all the stuff the synths did in their absence & then make songs out of that stuff. You've got to admire such a cavalier attitude to art.

Fair play to them. Hugely influential band, whether you like them or not.

Aaah love me some kraftwerk! "We are the robots".. Doot doot do-doot do-doot doot..

Nice thread revival yup!

Don't know much of their work, but I think Autobahn is great. I should listen to them a bit more.
  • Like 1