Rush Signed Albums

jebren72

For what it's worth, Jebren knows what he is talking about. If you got them in person and they are a prized possession that's great. But you would have a very hard time selling that album because they do look nothing like their real signatures. As for the guy who isn't happy with Jebren's analysis, why would you send the photo to him for authentication if you didn't want to hear his opinion. 99% of the Rush autographs on Ebay and elsewhere are forgeries. I have informed many people over the years and some have been quite upset - it never feels good to know you were ripped off. Many times I have stopped people before they sent their money. I am more of an expert on Neil and I can tell you he has signed the same way since he joined the band. I have a copy of his signature from when he was in high school and again it is very similar. The one on that album is not close. If you actually handed the item directly to the boys and they signed right in front of you, then it is authentic. Otherwise the only way to determine authenticity is to do extensive research and comparison. There are a few people who know Rush autographs and Jebren is one of them.

Warning!! There is a guy selling three different "signed" albums on ebay right now. If you compare the three albums, the signatures are not even close on each one. All a wise bidder has to do is look at all three and the warning flags should go up. Yet he still has opening bids wacko.gif Edited by Syrinx

Yes he's had several signed albums and a drumhead. Maybe he's just a collector who bought a bunch of forgeries.

He could sell them to youknowhowthatrabbitfeels! That way he could add them to his "in-person collection". smile.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 6 2009, 07:48 AM)
Warning!! There is a guy selling three different "signed" albums on ebay right now. If you compare the three albums, the signatures are not even close on each one. All a wise bidder has to do is look at all three and the warning flags should go up. Yet he still has opening bids wacko.gif

Yes, you are correct.

I just posted something on the Yahoo Music groups about those auctions. I've seen those forgeries before. Don't bid!! Apparently, this guy has a history of fakes.

Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&Category=32988

Apparently, he recently sold some. Check his profile.

I collect autographs too (I have several complete sets and several individuals from lithographs), but they do change over time. And some do look fake. I have one Neil autograph in particular that looks fake, but its legit.

Best thing to do before purchasing autographs is to ask first! Get opinions.

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

I have a Hemispheres album signed by all 3.

I was just able to sign in on my phone but don't see a way to post images using it.

I have a Caress of Steel album also but the Neil sig does not look authentic to me, it was given to me as a gift, the Geddy and the Alex do appear to be authentic though, as like anything else Neil does, his signature is as perfect as his drumming the other thing that is telling of Neil and his signature is his tiny penmanship and slanted back style, Neil is sort of stand offish and humble and it shows in how he pens his name . . . .

Edited once again to correct myself I meant to say forward slant not backward

Edited by HesTNTonPMS

Their signatures are on the inside of All the World's a Stage, I think, aren't they?

Just checked - first names only.

Edited by toymaker

Just noticing I only have 4 posts ?

Did someone eat all of my posts ? :codger:

Edited to add: NOOOW ! I see what I did and why my posts are missing.

I have TNTonPMS which is my original name and for some strange reason I created HesTNTonPMS :rage:

Probably due to forgetting my password or something along those lines.

Is there a way I can get HesTNTonPMS deleted from the group and find out the password to TNTonPMS?

Edited by HesTNTonPMS

I finally figured out what I did wrong . . .

I didn't forget my password, I was trying to log in TNTonPMS but I was forgetting to use the spaces I put in place when I originally created this name :)

I have TNTonPMS which is my original name and for some strange reason I created HesTNTonPMS :rage:

Is there a way I can get HesTNTonPMS deleted from the group and find out the password to TNTonPMS?

I didn't forget my password, I was trying to log in TNTonPMS but I was forgetting to use the spaces I put in place when I originally created this name :)

Well, :hi: just the same!

• Like 1

I sent this through on the Time Machine Tour and the Boys graced me with this prize:

http://i.imgur.com/cqiW7AR.jpg

That is unbelievable luck man!!

Who did you hand the album to,to have them sign it ?

The fact of the matter is . .

This is such a rare item.

Pretty much we're the only ones that have them :)

Getting all 3 it amazing because Peart makes it that way.

It is not uncommon to get Lee and Lifeson or just Lee or Lifeson.

But for it to come back with all three ?

It is very hard to find any even offered for sale with all three.

You must have been extremely happy.

I would not be able to contain myself :)

I'm surprised whoever handed it back to you didn't just keep it . . .

Who is that that signed on top ?

Edited by TNT on PMS

Well, :hi: just the same!

:sundog:

http://s63.photobucket.com/user/huey0831/media/RUSH%20AUTOGRAPHS/AUTOGRAPHCLOCKWORKANGELSLP_zpsca4cd7ed.jpg.html?sort=3&o=19

Here is my auto Clockwork Angels LP. When I got it back in mail I got a little teary eyed!!!

Edited by robertrobyn

I sent this through on the Time Machine Tour and the Boys graced me with this prize:

http://i.imgur.com/cqiW7AR.jpg

That is unbelievable luck man!!

Who did you hand the album to,to have them sign it ?

The fact of the matter is . .

This is such a rare item.

Pretty much we're the only ones that have them :)

Getting all 3 it amazing because Peart makes it that way.

It is not uncommon to get Lee and Lifeson or just Lee or Lifeson.

But for it to come back with all three ?

It is very hard to find any even offered for sale with all three.

You must have been extremely happy.

I would not be able to contain myself :)

I'm surprised whoever handed it back to you didn't just keep it . . .

Who is that that signed on top ?

I actually sent this to the venue where I was seeing the show...(former) Copps Colliseum in Hamilton, ON. Having read on this very forum that certain venues will forward mail to the fellas, I found out that Copps was an obliging facility. I did what I was told, packaged it so even Stevie Wonder himself could open it and send it back (in other words...I made it as simple as I could get for Liam Birt) and within days of the show, I received this back. My Rush vinyl collection (with LPs, 45s, 10"/12", bootlegs, radio shows, imports, etc.) totals over 185 pieces...NOTHING in my collection is worth more to me than this. Its personal. Its their seminal album. I live 5 minutes from where the cover shot was taken! Getting this back signed by these guys was a feeling I have yet to replicate. I've considered sending more items in on other tours, but in some way, it would degrade this "one time" where I got my favourite band to sign my favourite album.

• Like 1

The easiest way that I've found to load photos to this site is by using Imgur.com. Set up a free account and proceed to upload your photos. From there, each photo is given a hyperlink. In Imgur, you'll see one specifically for forums. Simply copy the link and paste it here in your post. At first, all you will see is a code. Once you post though, the image will appear.