Rush Signed Albums

jebren72

Anyone got any album covers signed by the guys? I've got 3 and would love to get more but I'd also just love to see any even if they're not for sale. I almost never see any signed by the 3 of them and have maybe seen 10-15(authentic ones) in 10 years of looking. SO-if anyone has one could they please post a pic so I can see it? Thanks

Here is my favorite Rush album - autographed by the boys - framed and hanging in my home office.

All signed them in person when I was 14 (gulp, 24 years ago!)

http://174.132.192.94/~orfieldj/images/signals.JPG

Edited by JimboGames

i plan on getting moving pictures and permanent waves signed next tour. Ive only got the cd booklet for fly by night signed, and a cymbal that neil signed.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Mar 2 2009, 03:56 PM)
i plan on getting moving pictures and permanent waves signed next tour.  Ive only got the cd booklet for fly by night signed, and a cymbal that neil signed.

smile.gif Sweet but how did you manage to get Neil to sign one of your cymbals?

Edited by different strings

I have ATWAS signed and framed. smile.gif

I don't have anything signed until I get my signed lithograph. Believe me, I'm framing it!! yes.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 2 2009, 05:40 AM)
i plan on getting moving pictures and permanent waves signed next tour.  Ive only got the cd booklet for fly by night signed, and a cymbal that neil signed.

IIRC Neil tends to be a bit more sociable when it comes to fellow drummers.

Just a guess though.

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Feb 28 2009, 05:55 PM)
Here is my favorite Rush album - autographed by the boys - framed and hanging in my home office.

Did you mean that you got those yourself in person? Because those signatures look nothing like any authentic ones. They do look alot like many of the forgeries I've seen on Ebay though. Just wondering cuz unless they each had a stroke while signing it-they didnt sign it. You might want to try and get a refund from whoever it was purchased from.

QUOTE (jebren72 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:46 PM)

Did you mean that you got those yourself in person? Because those signatures look nothing like any authentic ones. They do look alot like many of the forgeries I've seen on Ebay though. Just wondering cuz unless they each had a stroke while signing it-they didnt sign it. You might want to try and get a refund from whoever it was purchased from.

These were obtained by me, in person. For me, I never purchase anything that is autographed. The only autographed items I have are things that I have had autographed in person (not just Rush stuff).

Unless the boys weren't authentic...now that would be a completely new conspiracy! I guess I need to dig up the photos of them signing it.

My Buzz Aldrin autograph looks nothing like the "authentic" autographs for sale either.

Edited by JimboGames

I hate to say it because you got them "in person", but they have never signed like that and I have signatures from all stages of their career. I know that signatures may change slightly over 20-30 years, but not this much. Like Jebren said, these aren't even close.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 2 2009, 01:58 PM)
I hate to say it because you got them "in person", but they have never signed like that and I have signatures from all stages of their career.  I know that signatures may change slightly over 20-30 years, but not this much.  Like Jebren said, these aren't even close.

I don't know what to say. Perhaps it was the odd angle that they signed it... I don't know. Good thing I am not looking to sell it if everyone thinks it is not authentic. The only other "Rush" autograph I have is a baseball ticket signed by Geddy. Those two together aren't similar, either.

Edited by JimboGames

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/je...72/100_0960.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/je...72/100_0961.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/je...72/100_0963.jpg

Heres links to pics of the 3 signed albums I have. If I could figure out how to post direct pics of them on here I would but I'm still not up on this whole "internet thing".

The Mp and 2112 ones were signed at the same time. The ESL was signed at different times over several years.

QUOTE (different strings @ Mar 2 2009, 05:40 AM)

i broke into his house and demanded he sign it or else I was gonna steal his motorcycle and sealed bottle of the macallan. It was pretty easy.

But really I sent it in to the venue beforehand and they sent it back!

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Mar 2 2009, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (jebren72 @ Mar 2 2009, 01:46 PM)

These were obtained by me, in person. For me, I never purchase anything that is autographed. The only autographed items I have are things that I have had autographed in person (not just Rush stuff).

Unless the boys weren't authentic...now that would be a completely new conspiracy! I guess I need to dig up the photos of them signing it.

My Buzz Aldrin autograph looks nothing like the "authentic" autographs for sale either.

I also sent this jebren person a picture of my signed Signals album,and he said they weren't authentic,when I got them in person.I THINK THIS JEBREN HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.Maybe Jebren doesn't know what in person means.Maybe he's still pissed that Wham split up.

Hey its the guy who tried to sell me a signed Signals album that looks like it was signed by Stevie Wonder, and after I(politely I must say) told him what he didnt want to hear, proceeded to start trying to bash me just like this.

If I dont know what I'm talking about, look at the pics of the signed albums I have that I posted and tell me they're not real. I thought we already had this discussion in private emails but if you'd rather have it here I'd be more than happy to. If your album would have been real I would have very happily bought it.

I didn't post the pictures of my "Signals" album because I was looking for validation on the authenticity of the signatures on them. I am simply participating in the topic.

When Geddy, Alex, and Neil signed the album for me way back in 1984, I was too young to realize that I should have also had them sign an affidavit on the authenticity of the signatures, and I also did not have a notary present to validate the identification for the gentlemen signing my album.

With that said, this is one of my prized possessions because they each signed this album FOR ME in person. If someone else doesn't think they are authentic, then that is their business.

I am not an expert in signatures or autographs, but I can say with 100% certainty that Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart signed that album cover. It was signed backstage after the Atlanta show in 1984.

If you want further validation, I suggest renting a time machine and witnessing the signing for yourself.

To quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I got to say about that."

I was talking to the guy above my last post-not you. Although I still think someone else besides them signed your album. Maybe you handed it to someone to get signed by them? The odds of 3 people completely forgetting how to sign their names and signing them in an abnormal way are very remote. Someone has a GUP program signed at the same time on Ebay right now where the signatures look exactly the way they should and normally do. I didnt say you faked it or anything, but if you dont explain whether you actually saw them signing it(and you never said you actually did see them sign it or how you got it) all anyone has to go by is the signatures-not the stories.

If they were all leaning out the bus window when they signed your album and the sigs came out looking bad then so be it. As long as you KNOW its real(and saw them sign it) and dont plan on selling it what difference does it make? It only matters if you plan on selling it. Then you would have a problem. If not, then just enjoy it.

And as long as we're quoting Forrest Gump-"Bubba". There see how easy that is! smile.gif

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Feb 28 2009, 04:55 PM)

I find Neil's signature in particular a bit odd on that..........not saying it's fake, but doesn't his sig normally look totally different that that?

QUOTE (jebren72 @ Mar 2 2009, 07:46 PM)
I was talking to the guy above my last post-not you. Although I still think someone else besides them signed your album. Maybe you handed it to someone to get signed by them? The odds of 3 people completely forgetting how to sign their names and signing them in an abnormal way are very remote. Someone has a GUP program signed at the same time on Ebay right now where the signatures look exactly the way they should and normally do. I didnt say you faked it or anything, but if you dont explain whether you actually saw them signing it(and you never said you actually did see them sign it or how you got it) all anyone has to go by is the signatures-not the stories.

If they were all leaning out the bus window when they signed your album and the sigs came out looking bad then so be it. As long as you KNOW its real(and saw them sign it) and dont plan on selling it what difference does it make? It only matters if you plan on selling it. Then you would have a problem. If not, then just enjoy it.

And as long as we're quoting Forrest Gump-"Bubba". There see how easy that is! smile.gif

Jebren,you should write a book,since you have all the original signatures ever signed by Rush,you dope I was there when signed,here i'll break it down for ya,I'm standing there,I hand them the album,they sign.Next time I get a rush auto,I'll call you so you can personally ask the Rush members some secret questions so I'll know they are not clones.I BOW DOWN TO YOU,THE ALMIGHTY RUSH AUTOGRAPH KNOW IT ALL.

QUOTE (youknowhowthatrabbitfeels @ Mar 2 2009, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (jebren72 @ Mar 2 2009, 07:46 PM)

Jebren,you should write a book,since you have all the original signatures ever signed by Rush,you dope I was there when signed,here i'll break it down for ya,I'm standing there,I hand them the album,they sign.Next time I get a rush auto,I'll call you so you can personally ask the Rush members some secret questions so I'll know they are not clones.I BOW DOWN TO YOU,THE ALMIGHTY RUSH AUTOGRAPH KNOW IT ALL.

Thanks! I didnt think you were smart enough to know anything but if you know that I know it all, I guess you do! smile.gif

I notice you didnt say anything about my signed items, or put up a picture of yours. I guess if I had a Rush album signed by Joe in Texas I wouldnt either. I'll be sure to put that in my book.

easy fellas. jebren72 is only trying to make a point. I don't know any "posters" personally but i do know that jebren does know his stuff. not saying that the signals album is fake or not. if they were in a hurry MAYBE THAT'S WHY THE AUTOS LOOK DIFFERENT? i have been "tricked" in the past. i have numerous "real autos" and if the signals album is what the owner wants it to be then thats cool. trink39.gif

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Mar 2 2009, 09:46 PM)
easy fellas. jebren72 is only trying to make a point. I don't know any "posters" personally but i do know that jebren does know his stuff. not saying that the signals album is fake or not. if they were in a hurry MAYBE THAT'S WHY THE AUTOS LOOK DIFFERENT? i have been "tricked" in the past. i have numerous "real autos" and if the signals album is what the owner wants it to be then thats cool. trink39.gif

Awww, come on!! This is getting good! Let 'em fight!

pokey.gif trink39.gif popcorn.gif