Please stop making these !

Tick

I kept seeing a commecial Saturday night for "Street Fighter". It said, "its Street Fighter like you've never seen it before." No shit, its a video game.

Seriously, I'm not a gamer at all. I don't play any of these games, and I never have, but I will ask the gamers out there a question ?

Do you get exited when a movie comes out based on some game you play ? It just seems totally lame to me. I mean, look at some of them that have been made...

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

Aion Flux

Mario Brothers eyesre4.gif

These movies blow ! Am I wrong ? I'm probably missing a bunch, but let me ask. Has there ever been a really good movie based on a video game ? I have yet to hear of one.

I'm sure "Street Fighter" will be different though. sarcasm.gif

They already made a Street Fighter movie in 1994. It stared the late Raul Julia and Jean Claude Van Damme. It was horrible... this one will prolly be no different.

I think the worst Video Game turned movie has got to be Final Fantasy! UGH!! What the hell kinda crap was that? Advent Children was ok but the first one they did was just horrible!

I thought Resident Evil was alright... unsure.gif

I'm not a gamer; my reflexes suck (I routinely lost at Slapjack as a kid), and I lose interest after a very short period of time.

But yeah, I agree. Making a movie from a video game is the ultimate in lazy.

Yeah, nobody can get the game based movie thing right. They almost all suck, except for the first Mortal Kombat movie. That was bad, but still a fun popcorn flick.

Bioshock could be incredible if they do it right. I have some hope for that one.

I thought Doom was pretty cool. Well that one part where Karl Urban dies and then comes back and the whole movie is in first person mode like in the game. That is something that made the movie a first of it's kind in a way.

Lots of them I haven't seen but... the first Resident Evil was excellent imo, as were both the Mortal Kombat movies if you are into that sort of thing, and I love my "pointless fighting" movies.

Another I saw lately because it just happened to be the only thing on TV was "DOA" and that was quite amusing also. Sort of like a sillier sexier Mortal Kombat.

Oh and Aeon Flux originated from an (amazingly excellent) animated series - not from a video game.

Anyways the vast majority of all movies nowadays suck ass, and yes video game xfers are largely no exception. I dunno why you always seem to pick on video games though, anything you want to talk about? You weren't replaced by a robot at work or something were you? Now *that* could make for an interesting movie.

"I, Tickbot (NOT Based on a Video Game Dammit!)"

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 16 2009, 04:19 PM)
Lots of them I haven't seen but... the first Resident Evil was excellent imo, as were both the Mortal Kombat movies if you are into that sort of thing, and I love my "pointless fighting" movies.

Another I saw lately because it just happened to be the only thing on TV was "DOA" and that was quite amusing also. Sort of like a sillier sexier Mortal Kombat.

Oh and Aeon Flux originated from an (amazingly excellent) animated series - not from a video game.

Anyways the vast majority of all movies nowadays suck ass, and yes video game xfers are largely no exception. I dunno why you always seem to pick on video games though, anything you want to talk about? You weren't replaced by a robot at work or something were you? Now *that* could make for an interesting movie.

"I, Tickbot (NOT Based on a Video Game Dammit!)"

Eater, are you saying I always pick on video games ? I will need a refeshing on that ?

"I, Tickbot " Now that sounds like it would be a good flick ! 1022.gif atickhum.gif

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and it's based on a video game!

Most people missed this one, but it's a truly amazing movie - better than the first Matrix! yes.gif :

http://www.crisdias.com/img/tetrisTheMovie.jpg

^^^ rofl3.gif

Gee, I didn't realise there were so many Pokemon films! ohmy.gif I only knew of three, and I only managed to see one before I grew out of it.

Great use of Penny Arcade, but really this thread is pointless. To understand this, you must realize that the concept of "film based on video game" wasn't created because somebody wanted to see their favourite RPG or fighting game up on the big screen, it's simply because Uwe Boll needs subject matter... Other that follow suit are choosing a long, perilous road and will surely be subjected to his curse... You just cannot make a good video game movie.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 16 2009, 06:02 PM)
I can't wait for Coleco Football: The Movie - Summer 2010, Baby!

yes.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif

I had one of those! Actually, I had BOTH versions. Played them to death. They were awesome.

The resident evil movies pissed me off.....

The story was vastly different from that of the Games (which I am a fan of)

There was a CG Resident Evil movie that just got released, that was made by Capcom, and based on the Game story line..

Resident Evil:Degeneration was awesome, but you have to be a fan of the games to like it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 17 2009, 07:01 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 16 2009, 06:02 PM)
I can't wait for Coleco Football: The Movie - Summer 2010, Baby!

I had one of those! Actually, I had BOTH versions. Played them to death. They were awesome.

I heard Speilberg is slated to direct the film version.

i think that silent hill was good... you had to know the games to like it TBH because it nailed the atmosphere aspect of the game.

tomb raider? they are some wicked films!! - its like they modeled lara croft on angelina from the start

now here's a peeve... films made into games. they mostly always suck (except now with the next gen consoles, everything at least looks good lol)

Edited by Grapes_under_pressure

I'm waiting for video games to hit broadway !

Andrew Lloyd Webber presents...

Donkey Kong the musical !

http://nintendome.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/dkrap.jpg

"5...5 dollar...5 dollar foot long !"