2112 sightings...

theredtamasrule

QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 1 2009, 08:21 PM)
I was recently at the supermarket and the person's bill in front of me came to $21.12 To make sure I heard right, after the person left I asked the cashier "Did you say 2112?" She gave me a really b*tchy "yes" but Rush moments like that are worth it. 2.gif 1022.gif

laugh.gif

I just realized my user name on here is actually 2112 in roman numerals.... crazy! 1287.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ May 5 2009, 08:46 AM)
I just realized my user name on here is actually 2112 in roman numerals.... crazy!  1287.gif

It took me about a year to realise that! tongue.gif

I saw someone else say that they that 2112 in Roman numerals is XXI XII, (they'd separated the 21 and the 12) and I said something like "Wouldn't that be MMCXII?". Then afterwards I thought "Wait, isn't there a member here with that username? ... Oh now I get it!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Feb 13 2009, 06:08 PM)
....DAMN YOU FINE PRINT!!!!

That's how my wife got me to marry her....

The good and the ugly of it today....

Today I put $21.12 in the gas tank and spent $21.12 at the grocery store....I also was reading an article, and at the time the article was written, 2,112 soldiers have died in Iraq. I know it is a lot morbid, and I am sad that the soldiers died, but 2112 is a bit freaky, no?

Edited by ProfGumby

QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ May 19 2009, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ May 18 2009, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (rcbassist39 @ May 18 2009, 05:42 AM)
2/1/12

2nd of Jan.. tongue.gif

1/2/12? confused13.gif

Now THAT's the 1st of Feb! laugh.gif

OK, I'll stop now tongue.gif

Think of this....I have a clock that is set to Military time....every night it is 21:12 for one glorious minute! I would love to find an alarm clock that could be set to 21:12 and play (Guess what song?)

And think of this, my (one day I hope) grand kids will see the year 2112

Should've seen the looks I got as I waited on my to-go order from Zaxby's, trying to artfully fold and photograph my receipt...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/May-22_1548.jpg

cool.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 23 2009, 05:55 PM)
Should've seen the looks I got as I waited on my to-go order from Zaxby's, trying to artfully fold and photograph my receipt...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/May-22_1548.jpg

cool.gif

COOL!

OK, I did this one on purpose...

We got new tills at work just over a week ago, and we practiced on them before they were hooked up to the computers.

Of course, I had to do this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/2112receipt.jpg

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ May 21 2009, 09:29 PM)
Think of this....I have a clock that is set to Military time....every night it is 21:12 for one glorious minute! I would love to find an alarm clock that could be set to 21:12 and play (Guess what song?)

And think of this, my (one day I hope) grand kids will see the year 2112

I do something similar - my clocks are all in miliary time and I think its awesome when I look and its 21:12. I often text one of my friends explaining my joy..... which usually ends with them laughing and making fun of me. Always a good time!! biggrin.gif