Chris Squire Hospitalized

tangy

Nooooooooo! sad.gif I hope he's okay.

Definitely one of my musical heroes, and a prime reason for why I'm a Yes fan. Love his 1975 solo album, too.

Dear Rock Stars:

You will not be 30 forever no.gif - so please take care of yourselves. yes.gif

Sincerely,

Librarian

P.S. and no tree climbing, either. dazed025.gif

I'm now hearin' that the clot story was just widespread misinformation. Whatever the truth is, I hope that it's just a minor snag for the big guy and that he snaps right back to bein' one of the most awesome bassmasters ever. I'd really like to see him and the others close up shop on the Yes legacy now, and then for him to focus intently on delivering something along the lines of The Syn, Conspiracy or a very overdue solo venture. Best wishes towards improved health, Mr. Squire.

QUOTE (librarian @ Feb 12 2009, 12:37 PM)
Dear Rock Stars:

Sincerely,
Librarian

Chris was always one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, partier in the band. So yeah, he probably should've (or should) take better care of himself. He'll be 61 in a few weeks.

Poor Chris.. sad.gif

I hope it's not serious

PanaceaFish, if you are in touch with him or Scotty anytime soon, send them my best wishes wub.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 12 2009, 02:59 PM)
Poor Chris.. sad.gif
I hope it's not serious

PanaceaFish, if you are in touch with him or Scotty anytime soon, send them my best wishes wub.gif

I did send her a text, as well as an IM via Skype, but so far, she hasn't responded, which is understandable...

What really bugs me is that the day before all this went down, I was chatting with her on Skype, and Chris was there (in between shows so he could see Xilan, his new daughter), making coffee, and he was just FINE.

Kinda scary how things can just happen to you... sad.gif

There happens to be a huge thread over at YESFANS.com where anyone can go and wish Chris well:

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=50802

I also happen to know that he will read it. biggrin.gif

I was on my way to Dallas this past tuesday, and got a call from ticketmaster telling me the show was postponed sad.gif So I turned around and drove back home. I hope Chris is okay, and I look forward to seeing the rescheduled show trink39.gif

PanaceaFish- Am I right in reading that you actually know Chris? That is so cool yes.gif I'm not trying to be nosey, but if you don't mind I'd like to know how you came to know him. I'm a huge fan.

QUOTE (librarian @ Feb 12 2009, 11:37 AM)
Dear Rock Stars:

Sincerely,
Librarian

laugh.gif that means you dumbass ...er ... Jack's Cinematic Father ... er ... Keith Richards. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Man, no one is safe in Yes - they cancelled last year's tour because of Jon's health, and now, Chris is sick! It's scary..... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 14 2009, 03:49 PM)
Man, no one is safe in Yes - they cancelled last year's tour because of Jon's health, and now, Chris is sick! It's scary.....  unsure.gif

Tell me about it.

I get queasy feelings for days when I hear these things.. sad.gif

How is Jon doing these days anyway? (not to bogart Chris's thread or anything)

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Feb 13 2009, 10:55 PM)
I was on my way to Dallas this past tuesday, and got a call from ticketmaster telling me the show was postponed sad.gif So I turned around and drove back home. I hope Chris is okay, and I look forward to seeing the rescheduled show trink39.gif

PanaceaFish- Am I right in reading that you actually know Chris? That is so cool yes.gif I'm not trying to be nosey, but if you don't mind I'd like to know how you came to know him. I'm a huge fan.

A little over 4 years ago, Scotty had started posting at YF, and I met her there, we soon developed an online friendship, and were pretty much chatting every other night.

There were a few occasions where I'd get a phone call (the most recent being on my B-day last year) where's I'd get to speak with Chris briefly, and he is such a wonderful person with a heart of gold, and I love him dearly...Scotty too!

I finally got to meet her face to facce in Asbury Park this past November, as well as Chris, and even though we couldn't hang out like we had chatted about, it was still a wonderful time all the same!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/LessienEarfalas/Yes%20Paramount%20Theater%20Asbury%20Park%2011%2015%2008/1116080004.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/LessienEarfalas/Yes%20Paramount%20Theater%20Asbury%20Park%2011%2015%2008/IMG00075.jpg

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 14 2009, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 14 2009, 03:49 PM)
Man, no one is safe in Yes - they cancelled last year's tour because of Jon's health, and now, Chris is sick! It's scary.....  unsure.gif

Tell me about it.

I get queasy feelings for days when I hear these things.. sad.gif

How is Jon doing these days anyway? (not to bogart Chris's thread or anything)

I would say that he is better. The doc said 6 months, and the asthma attack happened in May, so I think he should be okay. He might just be watching everything unfold (I mean the tour), but with Chris being sick now, he needs to announce how he's doing!

Listening to some of that second Conspiracy outing to remind me just how awesome the big guy really is. Big fan, yo. Have been a large advocate of Chris Squire's musical input and approach since I was just a wee tadpole myself. Never got to meet the Big Fish in person though. I'm sorta envious. Met Jon and Trevor though. I'm actually, right now, lucky enough to just finish up exchanging some words with a couple of Chris' musical cohorts in Billy Sherwood and Steve Nardelli. They've informed me of a few things of which I was unclear about. Stuff in reference to the aborted 'More Drama' tour of a few years back. After I was set straight on those issues, I thanked them profuselsy for delivering both the Syn and Circa albums of this decade. I don't think we as fans could have asked for anything better than these two units as being worthy replacements for that once towering behemoth, named YES. Get healthy soon, Chris! You are the anchor.

Archived