Billy Powell

tangy

very sad . got to see them once

rose.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 28 2009, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 28 2009, 01:49 PM)
rose.gif

before the plane crash or after? I've seen them 3 times but all well after the crash occurred. Down to one original member. buzzkill.

after the crash . about 7 years ago. great show

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 28 2009, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 28 2009, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 28 2009, 01:49 PM)
rose.gif

before the plane crash or after? I've seen them 3 times but all well after the crash occurred. Down to one original member. buzzkill.

after the crash . about 7 years ago. great show

yeah, they still put on a great show, althought it was mostly a rehashing of One more from the road........right down to the hollers and whistles!

It would of been killer to have seem pre-plane crash. LS is in my top 10 of favorite groups for their pre-crash work.

I imagine they will replace him and keep hammering on though..........

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 28 2009, 02:06 PM)
Working For MCA

A fine showcase of Billy's playing!

nice

imagine seeing them and the ALLMAN BROTHERS on the same bill back in the day? when everyone from the two bands were still alive. i would eat my left foot for that yes.gif

1022.gif

Very sad news. I grew up with a Huge Lynyrd Skynyrd influence from my dad. He was a huge fan, and he especially loved Powell's work. He was a terrific pianist. His solo in Call Me The Breeze is most excellent new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif its sad to see him go sad.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jan 28 2009, 03:03 PM)
Very sad news.  I grew up with a Huge Lynyrd Skynyrd influence from my dad. He was a huge fan, and he especially loved Powell's work.  He was a terrific pianist. His solo in Call Me The Breeze is most excellent new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  its sad to see him go sad.gif

Yes it is and here is killer version from the old grey whistle test. excellent footage.

I just about can't work thinking about this. Time to start drinking and listening to Skynyrd ........... cool10.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 28 2009, 03:09 PM)
Time to start drinking and listening to Skynyrd ........... cool10.gif common001.gif

amen brother

trink39.gif

1022.gif

for as long as they have been around for billy to only be 56 is insane . way to f-n young

I pretty much grew up with my dad playing Skynyrd. This is really sad news. R.I.P. Billy. rose.gif

ohmy.gif there playing my home town next month ,i expect the tour will be cancelled after this sad news.

one more from the road is one of the best live albums ever recorded,

these guys are true legends,hope they dont call it a day they have had to endure so much tragedy in there career. sad.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 28 2009, 03:55 PM)
for as long as they have been around for billy to only be 56 is insane . way to f-n young

Skynyrd does seem to have a continual black cloud hanging over them, don't they? At least he can now go jam with his old pals in the Eternal Gig in the Sky. rose.gif

Archived