The Red Green Show

afansince74

Welcome to Possum Lodge!

Red Green, a cult comedy series, takes special aim at the humorous side of the male ego and other inflatables. The minds of men, where available, are explored with mixed results.

The Red Green Show features the antics of Possum Lodge leader Red Green, his techno-geek nephew Harold, klutzy naturalist Bill, and the rest of the Possum Lodge gang. In each episode, the men pass the time bonding, adventuring, entrepreneuring, and generally keeping the eight-year-old in them alive.

http://www.redgreen.com/images/scrapbook/red_and_harold/redandharold-1.jpg

I've thought about starting this for a while now, and several comments by a few of you have made me do it! wink.gif

I never heard of it til I moved here to rural N.W. Arkansas. My father-in-law made me watch it. when I finally did, I was hooked! I would love this series on DVD! The 'wisdom' of Red as he talks about differences between men and women, getting older, male bonding, etc. And all the crazy stuff that Red builds... OMG! rofl3.gif One of my favs was the washing machine converted into make beer! And what about the Possum Van and all those 'converted' cars?! wacko.gif laugh.gif

http://www.redgreen.com/images/scrapbook/behind_scenes/Mvc-142x.jpg

This is a great show. Several different characters have come and gone over the years and it keeps the show fresh, but I really miss some of them, like 'Buzz' Sherwood(and his laugh), Hap Shaughnessy(who inveted EVERYTHING!), and Edgar Montrose('tutanka' himself, Mr. Graham Greene)!

I live by the "any tool can be the right tool" philosophy! And who's seen their movie, Duct Tape Forever?

Anybody else have any idea what I'm babbling about here? confused13.gif biggrin.gif If not, you need to look for this on PBS and check out their website: http://www.redgreen.com/

If you're a Red Green fan, then good for you! And post any and all your stuff here!

The Man's Prayer:

I'm A Man

But I Can Change

If I Have To

I Guess

"And remember... always keep your stick on the ice."

Yessssssss... this show is on EVERY day on the comedy network, and I wake up to it, sometimes watching it twice a day!

Adventures With Bill is one of my favorite sketches, but I also love Ranger Gord and his incessant loneliness, Old Man Sedgewick (spelling?) getting animals stuck in his pants, and Red's incessant attempts to make kooky inventions out of household products!

This is truly an innovative show, and one I have watched for a while now...... even the movie, Duct Tape Forever, wasn't half bad smile.gif

I watch this show everyday... sometimes twice! When I get home from school and when I get home from work!

The movie was pretty good too! It had its funny moments (Dalton sleeping in he goose because Harold and Red refused to share a bed)

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Feb 28 2005, 12:57 PM)
The eps before Harold left to join the corporate world were the best. it kinda jumped the shark for me when they started focussing on minor players like the sewage sucking guy and the ex-con and the animal trainer, funny though they are.

Yea, I gotta agree. I don't watch it as 'regularly' as I did back then, and they dropped to one episode a week now instead of 2 so I miss it sometimes now! sad.gif

I really liked Buzz Sherwood and his sea plane! laugh.gif

Buzz Sherwood rocks! I remember one really early episode where he was showing Red how he "ripped the guts" out of his remote-control model airplane and connected them to his floatplane...and then crashed it while demonstrating it to Red.

And, of course, there's Adventures With Bill--I was really happy when Rick Green came back to the show.

http://www.pbs.org/redgreen/bill.jpg

QUOTE (Magnus @ Mar 1 2005, 01:07 AM)
Buzz Sherwood rocks! I remember one really early episode where he was showing Red how he "ripped the guts" out of his remote-control model airplane and connected them to his floatplane...and then crashed it while demonstrating it to Red.

And, of course, there's Adventures With Bill--I was really happy when Rick Green came back to the show.

http://www.pbs.org/redgreen/bill.jpg

That's one of 2 episodes I was thinking of when I said I miss Buzz!! That's so funny! Did you see the one where Buzz and Red are looking all around for his plane on the dock 'cause they think someone stole it and they finally find it, sunk, next to the dock and Buzz looks at it and says... "Look how cleeeean it is!!" laugh.gif

And Aventures with Bill is always great! Glad he's there too! Love Handyman's Corner too! And Red's 'little talks' to "you men out there..." while he's making fishing flies. biggrin.gif Classic stuff!!