New 'Watchmen' preview clip!

Jack Aubrey

This is the preview that was shown at Comic-Con (I swear I'm going to go to that one year soon!) this Summer and it shows new footage. As I stated in the thread title, iTunes software is required to view this clip. Get it here!

Warner Bros. Loses Watchmen Suit

26 December 2008 1:33 AM, PST

Despite the fact that it has been more than ten years since Fox decided to abandon production based on the superheroes graphic novel Watchmen, a federal judge on Wednesday ruled that it continued to own a copyright interest in the project. He advised Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, which took over production of the film and plans to release its own Watchmen movie on March 6, to negotiate a settlement with Fox or appeal his decision. It was unclear how the dispute might be settled, although the judge appeared to suggest a way in his opinion. "Fox owns a copyright interest consisting of, at the very least, the right to distribute the Watchmen motion picture," he said.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 10 2008, 08:53 AM)
This is the preview that was shown at Comic-Con (I swear I'm going to go to that one year soon!) this Summer and it shows new footage. As I stated in the thread title, iTunes software is required to view this clip. Get it here!

I've never been to THE ComicCon. You speak of the San Diego fest, if I'm not mistaken? It is incredible. My buds went one year, and unfortunately I couldn't attend. I've been to some major ones in NYC and Pittsburgh, but even they pale in comparison to San Diego.

Let me know if you really want to go. We could organize that as a meet-up I'm sure. yes.gif

So Warner Bros. isn't backing down and thinks they'll win their case without affecting their planned release date:

Warner Bros. Won't Settle Watchmen Case

30 December 2008 1:35 AM, PST

Warner Bros. is of no mind to settle its dispute with 20th Century Fox over the Watchmen movie as a federal judge had suggested. Last week Judge Gary Feess had ruled that Warner Bros. had infringed on Fox's copyright in making a film based on the superhero graphic novel and had urged the two sides to reach a settlement. He said that he will decide on January 20 whether to block the release of Warner Bros. planned release. In a statement, Warner's said: "We continue to believe that Fox's claims have no merit and that we will ultimately prevail, whether at trial or in the Court of Appeals. We have no plans to move the release date of the film."

Warner Agrees To Let Judge Decide On Watchmen Release

7 January 2009 1:38 AM, PST

Rather than ask for a jury trial that would likely have postponed the release of Watchmen, Warner Bros. has agreed to let a federal judge who has shown the studio little sympathy decide whether 20th Century Fox could prevent it from distributing the movie on March 6 as scheduled. Last month U.S. District Judge Gary Feess agreed that Warner Bros. had not properly obtained the movie rights to Watchmen and advised the two studios to settle the matter. They were unable to do so, however, and the case now appears to be heading toward the appellate courts.

QUOTE (AnalogKid15 @ Jan 14 2009, 05:54 PM)
I really hope this film doesn't get delayed. Frank Miller and I'm sure he has turned the greatest graphic novel ever into a great movie.

Miller doesn't have anything to do with 'Watchmen'. You must be thinking of 'The Spirit'. And those who have already seen 'The Spirit' are saying that it sucks.

QUOTE (AnalogKid15 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:54 PM)
I really hope this film doesn't get delayed.

Good news:

Watchmen Dispute Resolved

16 January 2009 4:05 AM, PST

Hotly-anticipated graphic novel adaptation Watchmen will hit the big screen on schedule after movie executives resolved a legal dispute which could have jeopardised the film's release.

Lawyers for Fox and Warner Bros. - the film's distributor - agreed to let a federal judge decide whether or not the $130 million (GBP90 million) film will be released this spring as planned.

In court papers filed last week, the warring attorneys handed control of the case to the courts, allowing a judge to rule on whether Fox chiefs could block the film's planned distribution, as part of a copyright infringement lawsuit against Warner Bros.

Fox bought the movie rights to the graphic novel, about postmodern crime fighters in 1986, but the film was passed around several studios before it landed at Warner Bros. Fox chiefs argued that the original producer of the film never obtained the necessary rights from them.

But now the case has come to a close - with Watchmen making its 6 March debut as planned.

The studios settled after a judge ruled Fox did have an interest in the film, and now both film giants are looking forward to the release.

Representatives for the studios issued a joint statement saying: "Warner Bros. and Fox, like all Watchmen fans, look forward with great anticipation to this film's 6 March release in theatres."

Terms of the agreement have not been disclosed, but the Hollywood Reporter claims it involves a cash payment to Fox and a percentage of the film's box office takings.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jan 16 2009, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (AnalogKid15 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:54 PM)
I really hope this film doesn't get delayed.

Good news:

Watchmen Dispute Resolved

16 January 2009 4:05 AM, PST

Hotly-anticipated graphic novel adaptation Watchmen will hit the big screen on schedule after movie executives resolved a legal dispute which could have jeopardised the film's release.

Lawyers for Fox and Warner Bros. - the film's distributor - agreed to let a federal judge decide whether or not the $130 million (GBP90 million) film will be released this spring as planned.

In court papers filed last week, the warring attorneys handed control of the case to the courts, allowing a judge to rule on whether Fox chiefs could block the film's planned distribution, as part of a copyright infringement lawsuit against Warner Bros.

Fox bought the movie rights to the graphic novel, about postmodern crime fighters in 1986, but the film was passed around several studios before it landed at Warner Bros. Fox chiefs argued that the original producer of the film never obtained the necessary rights from them.

But now the case has come to a close - with Watchmen making its 6 March debut as planned.

The studios settled after a judge ruled Fox did have an interest in the film, and now both film giants are looking forward to the release.

Representatives for the studios issued a joint statement saying: "Warner Bros. and Fox, like all Watchmen fans, look forward with great anticipation to this film's 6 March release in theatres."

Terms of the agreement have not been disclosed, but the Hollywood Reporter claims it involves a cash payment to Fox and a percentage of the film's box office takings.

Great news thanks for sharing