The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 1 2012, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 1 2012, 05:58 AM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 06:01 AM)
i was actually really surprised by the show, they were f*ckin tight

and i think kiss packs arenas cause they're a more popular band who tour with motley crue, not procol harum

How were Procol Harum?

I love them. SO underrated. I blame THAT bloody song. Too ubiquitous.

honestly, they played well but they kinda bored me, i think i just wasnt in the mood

i like the band though

Cool. Thanks for replying.

conquistador was the best part of their set, i was just ready for yes though

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 01:01 AM)

and i think kiss packs arenas cause they're a more popular band who tour with motley crue, not procol harum

Has nothing to do with Motley Crue , they do it with bullshit bands like Buckcherry .

buckcherry suck, but unfortunately they are also a popular mainstream rock band.

kiss is just a bigger band than yes, even if gene and paul were replaced with robots they'd still get a bigger crowd than the current yes line-up

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 01:26 AM)
i mean, f**k it, tickets were 19 dollars, if yes stops by i recommend going, it was a fine way of killing a few hours

My ticket was $7 @tickmaster, for Monday's show.

Anyone hitting the dte(pine knob) show Monday??? cool10.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 01:03 AM)
but yeah good performances, downes wasnt sloppy, davison has a lot of energy, i had a good time

crowd was pretty weak though, i'm guessing 400-500 people in a place that holds 12k

what's bad is they played same venue with styx last year and almost packed the place, and davison is definitely better than benoit

Did you mean 4000-5000? Yes is only drawing 400 people on a $19 ticket?!

Good lord...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 1 2012, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Aug 1 2012, 01:01 AM)

Has nothing to do with Motley Crue , they do it with bullshit bands like Buckcherry .

yes.gif

They sold out the Indiana State Fair in 2010, 18,000 plus with The Envy (one of the bands on Gene's label) opening and packed River Bend in Cincy the night before.

Saw them last night at the Warner Theater in DC. The best Yesshow I've seen since ABWH in 1989, seriously.

The band seems to have been revived with Jon Davison on board. They played tight, with alot of energy. And I'm sure they fed off the crowd, which was incredible -- standing ovations after nearly every song-- and the place was packed). The setlist was really good, highlights were leaves of green (with Jon coming out to sing), and of course, Awaken.

Jon blows Benoit away, nailing the Anderson parts. He also seems to fit in much better with the rest of the band. Fish commanded the stage, Steve was flawless, and Alan had more energy then hes had in years. It was also cool to see Geoff Downes (love the drama era!).

In sum- I saw them two years ago at the same venue (with Benoit) and it was an uninspired, at times sloppy performance, so bad I said I wouldnt see them again. Glad I decided to see this show, as it was the complete opposite. Go if you can!

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Aug 5 2012, 06:58 AM)
Saw them last night at the Warner Theater in DC. The best Yesshow I've seen since ABWH in 1989, seriously.

The band seems to have been revived with Jon Davison on board. They played tight, with alot of energy. And I'm sure they fed off the crowd, which was incredible -- standing ovations after nearly every song-- and the place was packed). The setlist was really good, highlights were leaves of green (with Jon coming out to sing), and of course, Awaken.

Jon blows Benoit away, nailing the Anderson parts. He also seems to fit in much better with the rest of the band. Fish commanded the stage, Steve was flawless, and Alan had more energy then hes had in years. It was also cool to see Geoff Downes (love the drama era!).

In sum- I saw them two years ago at the same venue (with Benoit) and it was an uninspired, at times sloppy performance, so bad I said I wouldnt see them again. Glad I decided to see this show, as it was the complete opposite. Go if you can!

Awesum. I'm going tonight to pine knob. I wish they woukd do one song off drama. "Does it really happen? " that's one of the best bass intros ever imho...

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Aug 5 2012, 04:58 AM)

wow they will be here on the 15th. maybe I should go. I too saw them with Styx a couple of years ago and was extremely disappointed.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 6 2012, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Aug 5 2012, 04:58 AM)
Saw them last night at the Warner Theater in DC.  The best Yesshow I've seen since ABWH in 1989, seriously.

The band seems to have been revived with Jon Davison on board.  They played tight, with alot of energy.  And I'm sure they fed off the crowd, which was incredible -- standing ovations after nearly every song-- and the place was packed).  The setlist was really good, highlights were leaves of green (with Jon coming out to sing), and of course, Awaken.

Jon blows Benoit away, nailing the Anderson parts.  He also seems to fit in much better with the rest of the band.  Fish commanded the stage, Steve was flawless, and Alan had more energy then hes had in years. It was also cool to see Geoff Downes (love the drama era!).

In sum- I saw them two years ago at the same venue (with Benoit) and it was an uninspired, at times sloppy performance, so bad I said I wouldnt see them again.  Glad I decided to see this show, as it was the complete opposite.  Go if you can!

wow they will be here on the 15th. maybe I should go. I too saw them with Styx a couple of years ago and was extremely disappointed.

I was tentative after I saw that terrible 2010 show, but decided to give this new lineup a shot and it was really great. Most of the other review dates for others ive seen on the yesfans message board have also been very positive.

Id say its definitely worth a shot

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 6 2012, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Aug 5 2012, 06:58 AM)
Saw them last night at the Warner Theater in DC.  The best Yesshow I've seen since ABWH in 1989, seriously.

The band seems to have been revived with Jon Davison on board.  They played tight, with alot of energy.  And I'm sure they fed off the crowd, which was incredible -- standing ovations after nearly every song-- and the place was packed).  The setlist was really good, highlights were leaves of green (with Jon coming out to sing), and of course, Awaken.

Jon blows Benoit away, nailing the Anderson parts.  He also seems to fit in much better with the rest of the band.  Fish commanded the stage, Steve was flawless, and Alan had more energy then hes had in years. It was also cool to see Geoff Downes (love the drama era!).

In sum- I saw them two years ago at the same venue (with Benoit) and it was an uninspired, at times sloppy performance, so bad I said I wouldnt see them again.  Glad I decided to see this show, as it was the complete opposite.  Go if you can!

Awesum. I'm going tonight to pine knob. I wish they woukd do one song off drama. "Does it really happen? " that's one of the best bass intros ever imho...

Enjoy! I also wish theyd play more from Drama, especially that tune...excellent album

Jon Davison was beyond belief! If you closed your eyes you would believe it was Jon Anderson. The band members were having a blast! Highly recommended!! A+++

Both Chris and Steve talked to the audience between songs, which was a treat in my humble opinion...

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 7 2012, 06:29 AM)
Jon Davison was beyond belief! If you closed your eyes you would believe it was Jon Anderson. The band members were having a blast! Highly recommended!! A+++
Both Chris and Steve talked to the audience between songs, which was a treat in my humble opinion...

What a diff a year makes . If i knew they would be so good i would have went last month

Jon Davison was beyond belief!  If you closed your eyes you would believe it was Jon Anderson.  The band members were having a blast! Highly recommended!! A+++

Fantastic! sounds like you had the same great experience I did. Yes is back!

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 7 2012, 05:05 PM)
Jon Davison was beyond belief!  If you closed your eyes you would believe it was Jon Anderson.  The band members were having a blast! Highly recommended!! A+++

What a diff a year makes . If i knew they would be so good i would have went last month

My God, are we seeing a Lazarus-like resurrection? Good news.

For those who like Jon Davidson... check out his main gig "Glass Hammer" great band..

I liked Benoit David... and was actually familiar with him before being asked to join Yes... his regular group "Mystery" is very good as well... and I felt alot of the Yes community of fans were a bit unfair to him... simply for the fact that he was not Jon Anderson.