The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

1. Topographic Oceans

2. Relayer

3. Going For The One

4. Close To The Edge

5. Fragile

Tales is growing fast to be my all time favourite album by any band.

Eclipses all of Rush, Springsteen and almost matches Fleetwood's Tusk, Lacuna Coil's best and Khoma's The Second Wave.

Pretty much cried the second Revealing started. Was blown away immediately.

But hey! I also worship Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, so overlong, pretentious snobbery is obviously my bag!

• Like 2

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

We seem to have the same top 5... just shuffled around, lol

lol. great minds eh?

I can't speak all for Segue.......but Tales WILL be in his top five. He adores that record.

Tales is near the bottom for me. To overblown for it's own good. jusy my opinion.

Mick

I like Tales, but I agree that it's a bit too overblown, and there's a bit too much filler for it to make it into my top 10. Revealing is one of my favorite Yes songs though...

It was so bad it Rick Wakeman said see ya bye, lol

Mick

Does anyone else think that Rick Wakeman is a flaming hypocrite for leaving Yes for being "too overblown", but then releasing Myths And Legends of King Arthur a few years later?

• Like 1

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

lol. great minds eh?

I can't speak all for Segue.......but Tales WILL be in his top five. He adores that record.

Tales is near the bottom for me. To overblown for it's own good. jusy my opinion.

Mick

I like Tales, but I agree that it's a bit too overblown, and there's a bit too much filler for it to make it into my top 10. Revealing is one of my favorite Yes songs though...

Mick

Does anyone else think that Rick Wakeman is a flaming hypocrite for leaving Yes for being "too overblown", but then releasing Myths And Legends of King Arthur a few years later?

When you bring that up it is rather funny. lol

Mick

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

lol. great minds eh?

Mick

Mick

I'm gonna have to check that out.

1) Close to the Edge

2) Fragile

3) The Yes Album

4) Going for the One

5) The Ladder

Pretty typical list aside from #5.

Talk, Relayer, and 90125 are up there too.

Not that I dislike it, but Tales doesn't even come close to making my top 5.

Going For The One

Close To The Edge

Tormato

The Yes Album

Fragile

These are studio albums only of course. Yessongs is awesome. I would also like to mention that I do enjoy some 80's stuff now as well but it will never move ahead of those I have mentioned.....

Only wish Soon was on GFTO....

• Like 2

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

lol. great minds eh?

Mick

Mick

I'm gonna have to check that out.

It's one of the dorkiest, most overblown albums known to man... but there are some redeeming features.

• Like 2

1) Close to the Edge

2) Fragile

3) The Yes Album

4) Going for the One

5) The Ladder

Pretty typical list aside from #5.

Talk, Relayer, and 90125 are up there too.

Not that I dislike it, but Tales doesn't even come close to making my top 5.

Ladder is my vote for "most underrated"... I don't love it but it is very very good and often quite underappreciated. Homeworld is my favorite from that album.

The Yes studio albums box set i bought this year is the best thing i have bought in a long time. Yes just get better and better with every play!

So glad to have another band with music as good as Rush. Feel spoilt!

I think, from the posts of you guys, that Genesis will completley break me. So gearing up to demolish theor discography first!

But back to Yes...Love Love LOVE the seventies output!

Love me some Yes.

Top 5 for kicks:

1. Going for the One

2. Fragile

3. Relayer

4. Close to the Edge

5. The Yes Album

I missed them when they played here recently although not sure how enjoyable it would have been with the new singer..

• Like 3

The Yes studio albums box set i bought this year is the best thing i have bought in a long time. Yes just get better and better with every play!

So glad to have another band with music as good as Rush. Feel spoilt!

I think, from the posts of you guys, that Genesis will completley break me. So gearing up to demolish theor discography first!

But back to Yes...Love Love LOVE the seventies output!

Fair word of warning about going through the Genesis discography: their first album is nothing like any of their others. You might like it, you might not, but if you don't, don't feel hesitant with going forward, since Trespass was their first "big" change in sound.

my first was selling england

I started with Foxtrot and Cryme. I loved Foxtrot from first listen, but Cryme took a while to sink in (and I'm still not totally sold on the whole thing, re: Harlequin).

My fav though is Trick of the Tail.

Mick

One of my favorites as well :)

• Like 1