The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

Yes are absolutely fantastic, but I must admit before taking the time to listen to them I was expecting to hear more similarities to Rush.

Nevermind, Rush may be the better band overall to my ears, but Yes are not to be sniffed at.

Yes are absolutely fantastic, but I must admit before taking the time to listen to them I was expecting to hear more similarities to Rush.

I think I expected them to be more similar to Rush going in too.. But thankfully they're completely different bands.

• Like 1

I think I expected them to be more similar to Rush going in too.. But thankfully they're completely different bands.

Overall Rush lead. Aside from Tales, no Yes album matches my 12 favourite Rush albums (CoS-Presto and VT). But I am only in my early days of Yes fandom!

Overall Rush lead. Aside from Tales, no Yes album matches my 12 favourite Rush albums (CoS-Presto and VT). But I am only in my early days of Yes fandom!

That should change dramatically. Truth is reading your posts as I have I would think Yes would be more your cup of tea. Time will tell. Listen to Going For The One carefully and closely a few times and I would bet this will change....
  • Like 3

That should change dramatically. Truth is reading your posts as I have I would think Yes would be more your cup of tea. Time will tell. Listen to Going For The One carefully and closely a few times and I would bet this will change....

It's segue.....he will shift.......and it will be a DRAMATIC HUGE shft lol. Cause Segue doesn't do anything half-assed, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I am waiting for his lengthy dissertation on why union is the overlooked masterpiece of the 90s

A part of me wonders if there is a chance I might embarrassingly fall head over heels in love with Union...much like I adore all the "dodgy" Rush albums!

I really like this album! If I can put The Lord Of The Rings down for an hour I will play it again just for you!

• Like 1

I am waiting for his lengthy dissertation on why union is the overlooked masterpiece of the 90s

I have been fearing that since re-aquainting myself with Yes, lol. And part of me knows we're looking right down the barrel of that gun :LOL:

Mick

• Like 2

:rfl: .....

I really like this album! If I can put The Lord Of The Rings down for an hour I will play it again just for you!

Just relax. Have a glass of your favorite beverage. Light a couple candles and just listen. Turn Of The Century, Wonderous Stories and Awaken should take you away. GFTO and Parallels should just make you feel good and be happy to be alive and a lover of music.... :)
  • Like 3

Yes and Kansas are my favourite things.

Have you heard all of their albums, or only through BG? You should at least check out Magnification if you haven't already..

I am still digesting Yes earlier works...will work forwards once ready!

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

We seem to have the same top 5... just shuffled around, lol

lol. great minds eh?

I can't speak all for Segue.......but Tales WILL be in his top five. He adores that record.

Tales is near the bottom for me. To overblown for it's own good. jusy my opinion.

Mick

• Like 1

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

lol. great minds eh?

I can't speak all for Segue.......but Tales WILL be in his top five. He adores that record.

Tales is near the bottom for me. To overblown for it's own good. jusy my opinion.

Mick

I like Tales, but I agree that it's a bit too overblown, and there's a bit too much filler for it to make it into my top 10. Revealing is one of my favorite Yes songs though...

• Like 1

1. Going for the One

2. Close to the Edge

3. Fragile

4. Relayer

5. Time and a Word

Though I only have complete confidence in the top 3.

..And just for the fun of it:

6. The Yes Album

7. Drama

8. Filler From Topographic Oceans

9. Tormato, 90125

• Like 2

My Top 5 are.

in order

1. The Yes Album

2. Relayer

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One.

Mick

lol. great minds eh?

Mick

I like Tales, but I agree that it's a bit too overblown, and there's a bit too much filler for it to make it into my top 10. Revealing is one of my favorite Yes songs though...

It was so bad it Rick Wakeman said see ya bye, lol

Mick