The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

So i listened to Union earlier this evening for the first time in years.I won't be listening to it again for a long time!

I've been thinking are there many bands out there that are influenced by Yes? From the seventies i can think of Starcastle,and more recently Glass Hammer and The Flower Kings from Sweden.(three great bands by the way!)

I am listening to Close To The Edge. What I love about music is how it brings you back in time without any effort on your part. This was one of the best times of my life when this album came out in 1972. There haven't been too many, that is why the good times that were are all the more precious. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

enough said...

Bluetail, tailfly

Luther in time

Suntower asking

Cover, lover

June cast, moon fast

As one changes

Heart gold, leaver

Soul mark, mover

Christian, changer

Called out, saviour

Moon gate, climber

Turn round, glider

• Like 3

enough said...

Bluetail, tailfly

Luther in time

Suntower asking

Cover, lover

June cast, moon fast

As one changes

Heart gold, leaver

Soul mark, mover

Christian, changer

Called out, saviour

Moon gate, climber

Turn round, glider

Their best song imo.

I attempted Union, The Yes Album and some other album. I enjoyed The Yes Album, made it half way through Union and couldn't stomach the third album.

It was probably Open Your Eyes or Heaven And Earth... :D

I believe it was Open Your Eyes. Bleh.

I attempted Union, The Yes Album and some other album. I enjoyed The Yes Album, made it half way through Union and couldn't stomach the third album.

Not the best place to start with Yes :P

Fragile, Going For The One, Tormato, Close To The Edge are all great in their own way. You prefer the 80's sound then 90125 and Big Generator. You can't lose with any of these really....
  • Like 1

Fragile, Going For The One, Tormato, Close To The Edge are all great in their own way. You prefer the 80's sound then 90125 and Big Generator. You can't lose with any of these really....

You forgot The Yes Album :o

He already said he listened to it and liked it..... :huh:

I see :) I thought you meant for any fan...

I see :) I thought you meant for any fan...

I was just interjecting my opinion in this particular conversation and since he already mentioned enjoying The Yes Album I didn't mention it. Its great obviously and would of course highly recommend it to any "Yes newbies"..... :)
  • Like 1

God damn, there's a lot of hate for me in this thread. Like 3 whole pages of people telling me I suck

Hopefully most of it is from your girlfriend?

:huh:

Probably. It's what I get for telling her I considered seeing Yes without Jon Anderson.

Holy shit! You do suck!

:LOL:

My problem with Union is that with the exception of the Yes West material and Steve Howe's acoustic piece, the rest of the album is a fraud. You think you are hearing Steve Howe or Rick Wakeman playing, but chances are that you are not. You are hearing session musicians the producer, Jonathan Elias.

The Yes West material was ok. The song Miracle of Life was quite good. And Howe was nominated for a Grammy for Masquerade, which was the only song he actually totally played on.

• Like 3