The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

Now this is going to be awesome. Arguably my favorite Yes album.

Steven Wilson remix of Yes "Relayer" coming soon.

Relayer’ is confirmed as the third release in the series of SW remixed Yes albums to be issued in 5.1 & new stereo high-resolution audio configuration. ‘Relayer’ was the band’s 7th studio album, released in 1974, and contains just 3 long pieces, including the ambitious 22 minute Gates of Delirium.

Mixed by Steven Wilson & released with the full approval of the band, ‘Relayer’ will be available in CD/DVD-A digipack & CD/Blu-Ray mini LP gatefold editions. These are available to pre-order now from Headphone Dust, to be released on 3rd November.

Both editions will also contain the original album mix in high-resolution & bonus audio material, full details of which will be announced shortly.

Restored artwork approved by Roger Dean & new sleevenotes by Sid Smith complete the package, the release of which coincides with the 40th anniversary of the album’s original late 1974 appearance.

• Like 1

Eureka! Now I know why I like the new one so much.

It's a Jon Anderson solo album, without Jon Anderson!!! I'm a sucker for Jon's solo stuff. Just simple melodies, and everything is great in the cosmos.

The only Davison-less track, It Was All We Knew, written by Lord Howe of Cemetryville, is awful though.

I am listening to Fly From Here for the first time and I kind of like it..... :)

friggen 2012

I skipped the 90's and the 00's.... :LOL:

Ok so tonight i have played the first two Yes albums and Tales. And also bought the studio albums box set, and i have to say: EPIC

Sorry for the doubts, i am won over!

• Like 2

Ok so tonight i have played the first two Yes albums and Tales. And also bought the studio albums box set, and i have to say: EPIC

:cheers: You're in for a real treat when you hit the run from The Yes Album to Drama... :D

(P.S. I really like the first two and I do like much of their post-Drama material but that run is IMO their prime.)

:cheers: You're in for a real treat when you hit the run from The Yes Album to Drama... :D

(P.S. I really like the first two and I do like much of their post-Drama material but that run is IMO their prime.)

The debut through to Drama is a streak of albums that I think may turn out to be my all time favourite! Good grief, the first two albums alone are my favourite kind of rock music. The rest of that run is even better!

Fragile is currently giving Tales a run for its money.

• Like 1

The debut through to Drama is a streak of albums that I think may turn out to be my all time favourite! Good grief, the first two albums alone are my favourite kind of rock music. The rest of that run is even better!

Fragile is currently giving Tales a run for its money.

Just wait until Close to the Edge "happens" for you. There will be no turning back—for my money the greatest album of all time. I'll never forget when Close to the Edge took over my life. I know this sounds melodramatic, but that album changed me from my core outward.

• Like 3

Definitely in my top 10 albums of all time!

UNION definitely in my top 10 worst albums of all time!

Does anybody on this thread like UNION?

Did the same band that wrote such a classic album in CTTE,then years later wrote such crap as UNION?

• Like 1

I've been posting in the albums thread that i've been listening to Yes for the first time in 5 years. and i'm doing it by decade.

so right now putting my faves in order by decade......for me it would be.

70's.

1.The Yes Album.

2.Relayer (The Gates of Delirium Rocks)

3. Fragile

4. Close to the Edge

5. Going for the One

6. Tales.

7. Tormato

8. Time and a Word

Yes is the only 60's album......i find it good......ish, lol

80's

1. Drama

2. 90125

3. Big Generater

Wow in the order they were released, lol

I'm just getting into the 90's ......but If Union is an indication........OHHHHH.......BOY, lol

Mick

• Like 4

Union is such a poor affair.Believe me when I say that the best thing about Union is the Roger Dean cover!!!
  • Like 2

I will Say I enjoyed Talk a lot more........On to open your eyes now. It's ok i suppose.

It ain't the same though as Yes in the 90's hasn't got the spark of the 70's or even the 80's.

These progressive rock acts are REALLY very much a product of their era and for the most part don't fare well in later years.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I really like what I've heard from Magnification and The Ladder...
  • Like 1

Those are two later-era Yes albums that I like. Much of KTA/KTA2 as well, especially the live tracks. The rest... eh. A few good moments here and there but especially the last album has just been dull.

Edited by len(songs)

Those are two later-era Yes albums that I like. Much of KTA/KTA2 as well, especially the live tracks. The rest... eh. A few good moments here and there but especially the last album has just been dull.

I will definitley check all these online first before buying, that is for sure.

I just Started the Ladder. And i forget how this has much more of a classic Yes Feel it has. Which is nice cause the 3 90's albums before it range form Awful to just ok. Almost like Rush.........they had a rough 90's, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Union...what is wrong with it?

"Ah, Union, everybody's least favorite Yes album, including mine. More Yes members, more songs, and yet less actual Yes than on any other Yes album."

I would tend to agree... though he does defend it later in the post...