The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

Looks like I'll be buying this when the price plummets. Just to complete the collection. A far cry from the days when I would ring record stores a few days before release date to try and get my copy early.

In astonishing news, it entered the UK chart today at #20.

this is THE WORST ever YES album

Did you actually buy a physical copy of the album? The only Yes I've listened to is The Yes Album through Close To The Edge so I think I'm gonna take your word for it and stay FAR away from the new Yes album as possible.

I did and now I have a shiny new blue digipak complete with coaster. :facepalm:

Looks like I'll be buying this when the price plummets. Just to complete the collection. A far cry from the days when I would ring record stores a few days before release date to try and get my copy early.

In astonishing news, it entered the UK chart today at #20.

I saw that! :oops:

I'm listening to Time and a Word right now, myself.

I've been a big fan of Yes for...a whole month now!

Lots of catching up to do, but I'm very grateful for what I've been turned on to so far.

The Yes Album, Close To The Edge, Tormato and Going For The One are my favorite studio albums for whatever its worth..... :)

Relayer is suspiciously missing from this list :)

• Like 2

Lots of catching up to do, but I'm very grateful for what I've been turned on to so far.

The Yes Album, Close To The Edge, Tormato and Going For The One are my favorite studio albums for whatever its worth..... :)

Soon is one the best pieces of music I have ever heard but the album itself is not one of my favorites..... :)

Soon is one the best pieces of music I have ever heard but the album itself is not one of my favorites..... :)

Fragile is also suspiciously absent. I know it's got the ridiculously overplayed Roundabout on it but C'mon! :)

• Like 1

With the exception of Open, I haven't heard anything decent from Anderson since he split with Yes. Everything he's been doing recently just seems so undeveloped and amateurish, so I hope this new band will help flesh out his ideas and maybe produce something good. However, I'll pass on contributing to the Kickstarter, because based on Anderson's track record over the past few years, there's a good chance this project might fall through.

As for the new Yes album...it's just bland and uninspired. I was hoping Davison would bring something exciting to the band after seeing a good show with him last year, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I really think those who aren't even listening to H&E are missing out on a great song at the end of the album.

I have not yet listened to the new Yes album... I suppose it’s because I’m just not comfortable with a different vocalist. I’d give it a chance, but, I sort of wish Jon were involved. :(

• Like 1

On Monday, I finally saw them live for the first time. Awesome! I like the new guy well enough; I wasn't a big enough fan to get over-attached to the old John.

Wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I really think those who aren't even listening to H&E are missing out on a great song at the end of the album.

I have not yet listened to the new Yes album... I suppose it’s because I’m just not comfortable with a different vocalist. I’d give it a chance, but, I sort of wish Jon were involved. :(

I'm not even going to listen to it. Drama is the only exception to Yes without Anderson. Forcing him out of the band now has lost them a paying fan

• Like 2

I'm with you on the sentiment. The new guy is actually the bright spot though. The songs are terribly slow and dull, but the dude does have a good voice.

• Like 3

I bought three songs to represent the album in my giant, 15-hour YES collection. (As a reference point, all of Close to the Edge is in my collection, but only 17.5 minutes of the 74-minute Open Your Eyes made the cut)

I didn't think it was worth getting the whole album after reading several dozen reviews. (If you guys haven't bookmarked www.progarchives.com, you should).

I DO like Jon Davison's voice. To me, he sounds like a cross between Jon Anderson and Benoit David - but without the annoying accent.

The production is really flat.

There's very little power or urgency in the songs I bought.

Subway Walls is proggy and good.

In a World of our Own is a slow, melodic shuffle.

Light of the Ages I clicked on and bought by accident (oops), but is classic Yes - just at 2/3 speed. Glad I got that one.

I imagine trying to listen to the whole album at once would bore me into a coma.

Edited by sitboaf

"It Was All We Knew" sounds very childish as well...again, what´s the deal with all the made-for-kids songs!?!?!?!

I just thinking that today on the way home from work ...don't like it , the rest is just easy listening Yes ...not bad just mellow as hell.

Edited by nappy2112