The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

I'm tempted to attend the Dallas show. But if I had a choice I'd prefer to see Jon and Rick together. Does anyone know if those two have plans to tour together this spring?

While Jon and Rick are less dynamic and don't own the Yes name, they are the spiritual emotional and sole Yes. Open is better than FFH, Open is the closest thing we'll get to another Awaken and this is because Jon is moving forward while "Yes" is trying to feed off the success of the 70's still.

IOW: When I see a performance of Jon playing Soon or Awaken, It's not as technical sure, but it's touching... Organic... Real... The bulimic / anorexic / pseudo bill bruford (sorry alan, I'm on a roll here) / 80's douche / wannabe steven wilson / jon cross breed lack that. It's insincere and it's hard to ignore that.

There's no doubting this 3-album tour is a great sale, but still... Sticking with Jon.

"I'm With Jon!" I'm making a bumper sticker!

oh and they added 2 new tour dates, neither of which is close to my area at all

they added another florida show, so I guess florida has some huge number of yes fans? or are they just taking any gig they can get?

oh and they added 2 new tour dates, neither of which is close to my area at all

they added another florida show, so I guess florida has some huge number of yes fans? or are they just taking any gig they can get?

Still no dates near me :(

But I'd rather be playing in Florida than the Midwest :LOL:

MESSAGE FROM GEOFFREY DOWNES

I am deeply grateful for all the messages of sympathy and support we have received following the tragic death of my beloved and irreplaceable youngest daughter, Alexandra.

I will be honouring all professional commitments, but in the meantime I humbly request that my family, my loved ones and I be afforded privacy and time in which we can grieve and be as one with our thoughts.

Geoffrey Downes, 18 February 2013

Private messages of condolence can be sent to Geoff on the special email address which has been set up:- condolences@qedg.co.uk

:rose:

I can't imagine what he's going through.

I just picked up Fragile and In The Present - Live From Lyon. It's my first taste of YES and I enjoy it so far. Where should I go next?

Well, if you enjoyed Live from Lyon, you're going to ADORE everything else.

I would go for The Yes Album next, followed by Close To The Edge, then give Going For The One a rattle. You might then be ready for Tales From Topographic Oceans. I love every studio album from the debut to 90125, things started getting patchy after that. From 87 to the present day Magnification from 2001 is probably their most cohesive effort. The most recent platter, Fly From Here, is donkey dribble.

• Like 1