My top five would probably be:

1. The Yes Album

2. Fragile

3. Fish Out of Water

4. Going for the One

5. Close to the Edge

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 4 2008, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 4 2008, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Dec 4 2008, 09:27 PM)
Personal faves:

Close to the Edge
Fragile
Drama

and, uh, Tormato and Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe.  ph34r.gif

Take out Drama and I agree. tongue.gif trink39.gif

Also, The Ladder wub.gif

there is nothing wrong with DRAMA confused13.gif

trink39.gif

Drama ROCKS! 1022.gif

Also, I never got why my Best Buy store has a copy of Drama, but not The Yes Album, Close to the Edge, or any other albums asides from Fragile and 90125. Ah well, I bought my copy there back in September, so I guess they figured they should send another, just in case. laugh.gif

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Drama - just not one of my faves tongue.gif

Although, I have been meaning to give it another listen for a while.. (And I don't want a ton of replies saying "You should!!" over and over! laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 5 2008, 04:30 PM)
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Drama - just not one of my faves tongue.gif

Although, I have been meaning to give it another listen for a while.. (And I don't want a ton of replies saying "You should!!" over and over! laugh.gif )

well..................... tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 5 2008, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 5 2008, 04:30 PM)

well..................... tongue.gif

Don't say it!! smash.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 5 2008, 02:30 PM)

I must admit ( blush4.gif ) that I have not listened to Drama in years, and I can barely remember what it sounds like. I guess the whole "not Jon Anderson" thing was always a bit off-putting. I have to even check to see if I still have it on cassette and give it a listen.

Same as Jaye, here - I know that I SHOULD, so no need to say it to me either. tongue.gif

I do have to show some love for the post 80's return to prog yes as well.

There is great stuff from Keys, The Ladder, ABWH, and even Magnification that gets largly ignored by alot of Yes fans...

Show some love for this material as well

Because tonight was the night that I would have been going to see Howe, Squire, & White of Yes, I decided to listen to all of the Yes albums I have. I went to the lake today, and rode around for about 3 hours, listening to Close To The Edge, Yessongs, and "The Revealing Science of God" from Tales. After eating dinner, I'm on "The Remembering", continuing the album stretch (I listened to The Yes Album and Fragile at home before I left). I've still got six albums to listen to - this is the first time in a while that I've listened to all of my Yesalbums in a day.

Last night, I actually thought about fasting from Yes today, not listening to any Yes whatsoever, something I haven't done since the Close To The Edge and Back tour was cancelled in June. Then again, back then I only had a dozen songs, not a dozen albums. laugh.gif I eventally decided to have a "Ritual" of sorts to those going to tonight's North Myrtle Beach show, and to the band, to have the best show of the tour. If/when you guys tour next year with Jon, I'll be there!!! yes.gif

Now that I think about it, my introduction to Yes was twofold - Relayer and Live at Montreux, which I originally bought because I read about it in Bass Guitar magazine.

For some reason, I'm going to post when I got my first dozen Yessongs, I guess to show the evolution of my Yes fandom. According to iTunes, I bought "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart" in August of 2007, "I've Seen All Good People" in December of 2007, Relayer at the end of February 2008, "And You And I" in March, and the following at the end of May: "Starship Trooper", "Yours Is No Disgrace", "We Have Heaven", "South Side of the Sky", and "Siberian Khatru". I bought 90125 in the beginning of August, Drama wasn't too long afterwards, and then all of these other albums. laugh.gif Also, an update on today's Yesathon: I'm on "Tempus Fugit" from Drama. After this, it's 90125 and Big Generator, if I can stay up that late. laugh.gif Thus will conclude the longest day in my life: the day I listened to almost ten hours solid of Yes - ten studio albums, one live album, several different lineups, same kickass band. 1022.gif

Or, as they said in that really awesome, kickass song from Drama, "Time Flies". 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 7 2008, 12:17 AM)
http://www.cliffroles.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/ASIA,_Steve_Howe.JPG

Steve says hi..........

He's about the same age as Chris.... so why does he look so "aged"? Squire doesn't look that bad, or Jon.

Well, Yesathon/Yes concert withdrawal worked! I've got to finish "Holy Lamb", and then that's all, so it did work!! Time to go to sleep!

"At the start of every day

A child begins to play

And all we need to know

Is that the future is a friend of yours and mine....."

-Jon Anderson, Holy Lamb (1987)

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 6 2008, 09:18 PM)
Now that I think about it, my introduction to Yes was twofold - Relayer and Live at Montreux, which I originally bought because I read about it in Bass Guitar magazine.

For some reason, I'm going to post when I got my first dozen Yessongs, I guess to show the evolution of my Yes fandom. According to iTunes, I bought "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart" in August of 2007, "I've Seen All Good People" in December of 2007, Relayer at the end of February 2008, "And You And I" in March, and the following at the end of May: "Starship Trooper", "Yours Is No Disgrace", "We Have Heaven", "South Side of the Sky", and "Siberian Khatru". I bought 90125 in the beginning of August, Drama wasn't too long afterwards, and then all of these other albums. laugh.gif Also, an update on today's Yesathon: I'm on "Tempus Fugit" from Drama. After this, it's 90125 and Big Generator, if I can stay up that late. laugh.gif Thus will conclude the longest day in my life: the day I listened to almost ten hours solid of Yes - ten studio albums, one live album, several different lineups, same kickass band. 1022.gif

Or, as they said in that really awesome, kickass song from Drama, "Time Flies". 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yes whore. yes.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 7 2008, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 7 2008, 12:17 AM)
http://www.cliffroles.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/ASIA,_Steve_Howe.JPG

Steve says hi..........

He's about the same age as Chris.... so why does he look so "aged"? Squire doesn't look that bad, or Jon.

Well... Jon still looks good. (And still has the same voice he had forty years ago!) Chris, IMO, is looking pretty bad. Maybe not as bad as Steve, but bad. Like a cave troll. He probably weighs twice what he did on the first album, and the mop of bleached blonde hair has got to go... or, at least, style it for Christsake. (We're discussing exactly this in another thread.)

http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/9021070473/inlineimg/Y/Chris_Squire.jpg

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Dec 7 2008, 10:18 PM)
I'm just gonna keep pretending that he still looks like this (also, the world needs more Yes macros):

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/edgyspice/squirehmph.jpg

Whoa.

That is effin' HAWT! wub.gif drool1.gif

I sometimes wonder how Chris would look nowadays, if he hadn't gained any weight, and stayed the same as he did in the 70's...

OMG, I think I'd DIE. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/DahniLovesSquire/feint.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Dec 7 2008, 10:18 PM)
I'm just gonna keep pretending that he still looks like this (also, the world needs more Yes macros):

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/edgyspice/squirehmph.jpg

I recognze that picture, and the caption! That magazine article on Chris was the reason that I picked up Live At Montreux!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 7 2008, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 6 2008, 09:18 PM)

For some reason, I'm going to post when I got my first dozen Yessongs, I guess to show the evolution of my Yes fandom. According to iTunes, I bought "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart" in August of 2007, "I've Seen All Good People" in December of 2007, Relayer at the end of February 2008, "And You And I" in March, and the following at the end of May: "Starship Trooper", "Yours Is No Disgrace", "We Have Heaven", "South Side of the Sky", and "Siberian Khatru". I bought 90125 in the beginning of August, Drama wasn't too long afterwards, and then all of these other albums.  laugh.gif  Also, an update on today's Yesathon: I'm on "Tempus Fugit" from Drama. After this, it's 90125 and Big Generator, if I can stay up that late.  laugh.gif  Thus will conclude the longest day in my life: the day I listened to almost ten hours solid of Yes - ten studio albums, one live album, several different lineups, same kickass band.  1022.gif

Or, as they said in that really awesome, kickass song from Drama, "Time Flies".  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Yes whore. yes.gif 1287.gif

Not quite - I'm more of a Yes tease, I don't have all of Yes' stuff yet. tongue.gif

I can throw some love towards the post 80s Yes music, sure!

I really like The Ladder, Talk, and Magnification.

The Ladder has "Homeworld" and the lovely "Nine Voices".

Talk has "Endless Dream", perhaps Rabin and Anderson's finest collaboration.

Magnification has "In The Presence Of" which is stunning.

Open Your Eyes had grown on me considerably since its release, 11 years ago. Back then I liked the first three tunes, but was such a shift from what I was used to from Yes at the time, and it made it tough to get into the rest. Now I dig most of it.

Keys .... well .... here's where I diverge from popular opinion.

I love That, That Is. Even with the "Crack Time" lyric. That doesn't bother me in the least. It's an interesting, melodic, moving epic.

What does bother me, however is Mind Drive. "HERETIC!", you cry. Well...yes it has some great sections, but it feels about 6 minutes longer than it needs to be. Is it ironic at all that both Mind Drive and Close to the Edge are 18 minutes and 35 seconds? Or am I reaching? To me it really sounds like Yes TRYING to be "progressive" but not quite making it.

Actually, a lot of the material on Keys 2 sounds half-baked to me....like the ideas are there but they're not DONE yet. The album sounds amazing though. Great production.

There, I've said it.

Let the flogging begin. rofl3.gif

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 1

29 hours

holy shit

holy shit

holy shit

holy shit

holy shit..........im so excited!!!!!!!!!!

I have awesome seats also............Steve's side Balcony second row!!!!!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh241/the_owl2112/rymanmarks.jpg

(the blue line is my 2 seats) (and no Im not that fat, I am going with my Dad)