Global Scavenger Hunt

JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 28 2008, 02:10 AM)
Wanted: 50 travelers for Global Scavenger Hunt
Friday 28th November, 06:48 AM JST
The Global Scavenger Hunt, an annual around-the-world travel adventure competition, is looking for 50 globetrotting cultural explorers to take “A Blind Date with the World” and compete for the crown of The World’s Greatest Travelers, while collectively traveling a million kilometers for global charities.

The 2009 Global Scavenger Hunt will take place over three weeks between April 17 and May 9. Teams will travel from Los Angeles to New York City – the really long way! Although unconfirmed as it is a “Blind Date with the World,” a circumnavigation of the globe touching down on four continents and visiting 10 countries may include: Peru, Brazil, Japan, Indonesia, Cambodia, India, Morocco, Portugal, Turkey and Italy.

The Global Scavenger Hunt is limited to 25 teams of two. The $9,900 per person entry fee includes: all international airfares, first class hotels, 30-40% off meals (portions of which may be tax-deductible). Teams are chosen on a first come, first served basis, and single travelers are also welcome to apply. All travelers are interviewed for suitability before being accepted for the 23-day global event.

Participants stand the chance to win special prizes and The World’s Greatest Travelers trophy and crown. Winners are also invited to defend their title in the next event for free.

Teams help to raise money for ongoing humanitarian causes like: Doctors Without Borders, Free the Children, KIVA, UNICEF, and Partners in Health among others.

To apply, teams and single travelers interested should visit globalscavengerhunt.com.

I always did like scavenger hunts. Interesting and very cool but 10 countries in 23 days is some hardcore traveling & scavenging.

It's MAD!!!

1022.gif

I wonder what items are on the scavenger list? And what if your treasures get held by customs? All part of the game, I s'pose!

This is so cool. If I had the money and the time, I'd enter. yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 29 2008, 11:09 PM)
This is so cool. If I had the money and the time, I'd enter. yes.gif

The money itself isn't all that much considering all the flights, deals on meals, and hotels included. Over the last few years (with the exception of this year) I've been keeping up to date on those round the world flights...i.e. basically pick any 6 cities in the world and if the destinations are generally in the same flight path then the fare is almost always under $3500. But surely the price has gone up loads this year no matter how many 'cheap airfare' searches one does through the net. Anyways, the main reason it's not a good deal to me is that no real travel could be done (in such a limited time) in those countries mentioned. It'd only be about winning the game

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 29 2008, 12:31 PM)
I wonder what items are on the scavenger list? And what if your treasures get held by customs? All part of the game, I s'pose!

Probably some cheesy mass-produced item for tourists in country X from the game sponsors and not true contraband or any Indiana Jones type artifacts tongue.gif

Archived