Celebrity encounters

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Quyn @ Sep 8 2004, 12:20 PM)
....Jane Fonda and Ted Turner (I wanted to spit on her for my dad but refrained)

...Oh yeah .. and I pissed off Bruce Willis ... he was being a total butt and so I asked him when Jeremy Irons was coming in (they were filming Die-Hard III) and told him what a huge fan I was of Jeremy's

Wish you HAD expectorated on that traitorous Hanoi Jane! yes.gif

Good for you about Brucie! Nice comeback!!

My only "celebrity" encounters were with a couple of sports' "lesser lights". Got an autograph from Matt Nokes (power-hitting catcher) of the Detroit Tigers in spring training in Florida around 1988, hung around outside the Detroit Red Wings locker room at the old Olympia Stadium in the mid 70's. The only names I can recall getting autographs on a couple scraps of paper were Nick Libbett, and Red Berenson (I think). If you remember those names, you're even more of a geek luzer than I! And I don't think I wanna know ya! laugh.gif

No Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman, or Sergei Federov in THAT group. My mom met Al Kaline. <stretching here> laugh.gif

Ron Howard and Steve Martin filmed "Parenthood" at a home very near me, but I never saw them. I still drive by the house from time to time. <a MAJOR stretch> biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 9 2004, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 9 2004, 06:54 PM)
I've met Trevor Linden (Vancouver Canucks-hockey) OMG my friend went to the metallica concert and met like half of the Calgary Flames team! she was on floor and She met Kipper and Iggy and Niemien If thats how you spell it!

im a big hockey fan also..id LOVE to meet mike ricci tongue.gif (when he has his teeth in) doh.gif

trink36.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif hahaha yea hockey is awesome!!!

QUOTE (Singularity @ Sep 9 2004, 06:32 PM)
About two years ago, I was sitting with some friends in a bar (yes, one of those bars), when one of them said Jimmy Fallon just walked by. No one really cared; we see famous people around all the time. Anyway, about a minute later I got up to get another drink. Some guy, who turned out to be Fallon's shadow, asked me if I wanted to play pool with J.F. I looked around like, Why me?, but said "Sure." I played him three games: 3 up, 3 down. I don't remember much of what he said during the games (I was drunk), but I do remember that everything he said was with a British accent. I called him on it, and his reply was again British. His friend never shut up, though. I have no idea why he or his friend asked me to play, but it was fun, nonetheless.

I forgot about the time I played soccer Ritchie Blackmore in 1985. My sister's fiancee, at the time, was good friends with him. I don't really remember it much--but I do have a picture. What I remember is one of Blackmore's roadies tripped my friend, Jon Lock (yeah, that really is his name), and, always the protective one, I ran clear across the field, leapt at him and gave him a full body check. firedevil.gif The dude hardly moved; he was just like, "Good one, kid." And a big splash of sweat, too. 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden

I met Bono, Edge and Larry before they became famous (see full story in the "Any U2 fans... thread in Randon Samples). I've met quite a few comedians, Bill Bailey, Ross Noble and Rich Hall chief among them.

I also know many Irish ministers and national politicians through my work, but that doesn't count does it?. No.......thought not!!!

A few weeks ago at work, I was doing a color weave, and this man walked in wanting a haircut. He looked familiar to me, and then he spoke. I think it was freakin' Jeff Bridges!!!!! He looked exactly like him and sounded like him!!!! His wife was there too, and she kept looking at me like "do you know who we are?" I did a double take when he talked, then had an amuzed look on his face... that is a big stretch too...

I have also met Beaver, from leave it to beaver. He rides motorcycles, and we were at an awards banquet, and he sat himself at our table. Nice man. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 23 2004, 01:56 PM)
A few weeks ago at work, I was doing a color weave, and this man walked in wanting a haircut. He looked familiar to me, and then he spoke. I think it was freakin' Jeff Bridges!!!!! He looked exactly like him and sounded like him!!!! His wife was there too, and she kept looking at me like "do you know who we are?" I did a double take when he talked, then had an amuzed look on his face... that is a big stretch too...

I have also met Beaver, from leave it to beaver. He rides motorcycles, and we were at an awards banquet, and he sat himself at our table. Nice man. biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif Beaver? You met the Beaver??? That's funny.

I've sort of met Horseshack. His name is Ron somethingorother. Actually, we've never been introduced. He frequents this bar I sometimes go to; he drinks late afternoon. A couple of times it was just the two of us sitting at the bar, but I won't talk to him because I hear he's a bit of an *ssh*le and he's cruised me. 062802puke_prv.gif Wouldn't want to give him the wrong idea.

In 1996 on the night before the AFC championship game I stood inside the Pittsburgh Hilton at the revolving door as Steeler after Steeler walked through and I shook their hands. They had a team meeting the night before the Big game in the Hilton. Kevin Green, Greg Lloyd, Carnell Lake, Levon Kirkland, Yancey Thigpen, Rod Woodson and Mark Bruener to name a few, it was GREAT, I loved the steelers since the 70's so I was like a kid in a candy factory.

other non sports celebs...

George Clinton, Billy Corgin, Willy Stargell and the Naked Cowboy, is he a Celeb?

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 23 2004, 07:43 PM)
Cruised you??? What is that????? confused13.gif

Darlin, I think he means that Horshack was checkin' him out...right Sing?

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 24 2004, 10:29 AM)

lol horshack, hes foxie, I can't believe anyone would pass up an offer like that. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 24 2004, 11:57 AM)

lol horshack, hes foxie, I can't believe anyone would pass up an offer like that. laugh.gif

Lake: yep, that's what it means.

Indy: rofl3.gif Imagine 'em going "OOH-OOH-OOH-OOH!!!!"

rofl3.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Singularity @ Sep 24 2004, 03:55 PM)

Do I have to? LOL

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 24 2004, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (Singularity @ Sep 24 2004, 03:55 PM)

Do I have to? LOL

rofl3.gif

Being in Jacksonville, I've run into a number of Jaguar players around town. When Mark Brunell was here I ran into him in a restaurant restroom sink as we both washed our hands. I guess it was obvious to him I recognized him and was somewhat surprised to run into him in a restroom, he just smiled and said "nice shirt" (I was wearing a Jag polo shirt). We chatted for a moment about football while we washed our hands and then left the restroom. He was very polite, friendly, just one heck of a nice guy. Very down to earth, there was no "I'm a big quarterback in the NFL" attitude. Mark Brunell is one of the good guys.