The Audiophile Thread

rushgoober

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 19 2010, 11:01 AM)

surrounds? mac they didn't have surround then. It's a 1985 stereo. And it only has maybe 100 hours on it, so it's fine.

I don't mean 'surrounds' as in rear channel speakers! rofl3.gif I mean surrounds as in the material on the outer edge of the cones of the larger drivers/woofers. The material they used back then is prone to deterioration regardless of frequency of use. Just a warning.

That rig will absolutely SLAM! I'm curious what preamp and amp you've got with it too! If I were you I'd be hauling a trailer up there this weekend!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 19 2010, 05:03 PM)

I will never listen to an iPod. I will never download.
I'm a cd dinosaur.
When I go on a flight I still bring my Sony Walkman cd player and my cds.

Old school rules. Modern compression crap with no artwork and liner notes BLOWS!

Hey man. Don't totally slam ipods. I'm a 2 channel high end guy myself and listen to mainly cd's at home, when I listen. But the ipod is very convenient for use in the car and at the gym. Not that I go often enough! laugh.gif

Also, the appletv is an AWESOME device that is worth 10 times the $230 price tag. Audio quality is good enough for distributed music in the home, (patio, bedrooms etc) and you can control it with your iphone. It rocks!

It lets you listen to music and watch family photos in a super slick OSD. 1022.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 19 2010, 12:51 PM)
I have v-moda in-ear buds that are way better than the garbage that comes with new ipods, and i have a 5.1 Logitech digital speaker system hooked up to my computer, both of which do their job just fine.

Try the Etymotic ER-4S in-ear headphones. Awesome! bass response in incredible and outside noise reduction is like 30 db.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 19 2010, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 19 2010, 05:03 PM)

I will never listen to an iPod.  I will never download.
I'm a cd dinosaur.
When I go on a flight I still bring my Sony Walkman cd player and my cds.

Old school rules.  Modern compression crap with no artwork and liner notes BLOWS!

Hey man. Don't totally slam ipods. I'm a 2 channel high end guy myself and listen to mainly cd's at home, when I listen. But the ipod is very convenient for use in the car and at the gym. Not that I go often enough! laugh.gif

Also, the appletv is an AWESOME device that is worth 10 times the $230 price tag. Audio quality is good enough for distributed music in the home, (patio, bedrooms etc) and you can control it with your iphone. It rocks!

It lets you listen to music and watch family photos in a super slick OSD. 1022.gif

I read you loud and clear! My wife says the same to me daily!!

"Earl, you are a fool bringing that cd player on the plane! You should just bring an iPod instead!" "I love my iPod Earl, I take it to the gym every week!!!"

I guess it makes better sense to bring an iPod on a trip but then again I don't make much sense.

Hell! "Stop Making Sense!!!!!"

Love,

Talking Heads

Archived