New Star Trek images

barney_rebel

Actually optimistic about this film, which could singlehandedly bury or revive the Star Trek franchise. If this movie makes good, Star Trek is alive again. If this movie is another disappointment, it's the end of the road.

I am more than a bit of a trekkie (though a selective one- original series and first 6 movies only for me- and this movie does make me worried, but I'm trying to stay positive and ultimately I know I'll end up going to see it since Nimoy is scheduled for an appearance, and it seems hes been working with Quinto (the guy who will play Spock) very closely, so theres hope lol. Edited by VampireBiscuits

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 2 2008, 11:26 PM)
This is starting to look downright aweful...

I was a DIEHARD trekkie long ago, but I fear this is the death of the franchise.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it will be ok.

Frankly, if stuff like Generations and "Enterprise" didn't kill the franchise, I doubt this will.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Nov 6 2008, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 2 2008, 11:26 PM)
This is starting to look downright aweful...

I was a DIEHARD trekkie long ago, but I fear this is the death of the franchise.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it will be ok.

Frankly, if stuff like Generations and "Enterprise" didn't kill the franchise, I doubt this will.

I dont understand why Generations gets such a bad rap.

Spoiler...

I liked it, except for the way they handled Kirk's death. That was lame.

Jesus that bridge picture reminds me of those godawful "fan-made" episodes I saw on the web a while back...

laugh.gif

No one but Nimoy can play Spock, you'd think they'd realise that by now, especially since he appeared in TNG. I think they need something brand new not a remake/reinvention/prequel of the original characters.

Nothing beats TOS anyway in my book...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 6 2008, 02:13 PM)
Jesus that bridge picture reminds me of those godawful "fan-made" episodes I saw on the web a while back...

laugh.gif

No one but Nimoy can play Spock, you'd think they'd realise that by now, especially since he appeared in TNG. I think they need something brand new not a remake/reinvention/prequel of the original characters.

trink38.gif

I couldnt agree with you more on TOS. trink39.gif

And I dont like the idea of anyone but Nimoy playing Spock either. Spock is my favorite character from Star Trek and Nimoy played him so well. But theres not much I can do about it so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 7 2008, 12:46 PM)
Jesus that bridge picture reminds me of those godawful "fan-made"  episodes I saw on the web a while back...

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

And I dont like the idea of anyone but Nimoy playing Spock either. Spock is my favorite character from Star Trek and Nimoy played him so well. But theres not much I can do about it so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

Yeah, I kind of feel the same. I even think Quinto will do a decent job YET it still won't 'feel right' since it's not Nimoy. Oh well. It can't be helped

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 7 2008, 04:32 AM)
Jesus that bridge picture reminds me of those godawful "fan-made"  episodes I saw on the web a while back...

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

Yeah, I kind of feel the same. I even think Quinto will do a decent job YET it still won't 'feel right' since it's not Nimoy. Oh well. It can't be helped

Yeah, but Nimoy will be making an appearance as Spock in the movie- I dont know how they are going to go about doing that, but eh, I'll take it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 7 2008, 01:50 PM)

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

Yeah, but Nimoy will be making an appearance as Spock in the movie- I dont know how they are going to go about doing that, but eh, I'll take it! biggrin.gif

I'm hoping this actually fails so they are forced to leave TOS in the past where it belongs and move onto something new. Hopefully further into the Federation's future. The only problem is, if they go too far forward will starships even exist anymore??

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 7 2008, 12:29 PM)

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

I'm hoping this actually fails so they are forced to leave TOS in the past where it belongs and move onto something new. Hopefully further into the Federation's future. The only problem is, if they go too far forward will starships even exist anymore??

I have mixed feelings about it. As far as Star Trek goes, I am exclusively interested in TOS and the original characters. So if this new movie didnt involve them I wouldnt be seeing it at all. But at the same time I dont want them to mess up the characters I love so much.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 7 2008, 03:20 PM)

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

I have mixed feelings about it. As far as Star Trek goes, I am exclusively interested in TOS and the original characters. So if this new movie didnt involve them I wouldnt be seeing it at all. But at the same time I dont want them to mess up the characters I love so much.

Casting comic actor Simon Pegg as Scotty seems a mistake to me, it could end up looking like a TV sketch parody if they're not careful...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2008, 12:15 AM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Nov 7 2008, 03:20 PM)

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

Casting comic actor Simon Pegg as Scotty seems a mistake to me, it could end up looking like a TV sketch parody if they're not careful...

Yeah, that could go either way I think. I saw Simon in a serious role in "The Good Night" and he didnt do too bad, so that gave me a bit of reassurance.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 7 2008, 02:29 PM)

laugh.gif

trink38.gif

Or they could go and dig Sisko out of the wormhole finally!

What a sad / crappy ending to my favorite of the Star Trek shows.

Thanks for posting that, ReRushed- I'm tempted to read the article/spoilers, but I cant bring myself to do it haha.

Empire magazine is coming out with a feature about the new Spock and Kirk too. Heres the cover;

http://www.empireonline.com/images/cover/large/24.jpg

And the article;

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23519