Stars you once hated

Pags

Are there any movie and/or TV stars whom you once hated, but for whatever reason have had a change of heart? Name them here.

For me, it's Brooke Shields. I hated her as a child star and through most of her young adult years. But around the time when Suddenly Susan hit the air, there was something so sexy and attractive about her - as well as funny and talented. She totally won me over.

Nowadays, she's one of my favorite people. Anytime she appears on a screen, don't bother talking to me. All I can do is watch her.

So in Troll's language; new Brooke good, old Brooke bad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/brooke_shields_010_cAVaRcMsized.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j197/veeveevee_2006/Smiley-Faint.gif

Off the top of my head...I'd have to say Leonardo Decaprio, but I didn't HATE him.

He was great in Gilbert Grape, but after Titanic it was just overload.....waaaaay to much of him which took me a few years to get over...He is a great actor though.

It's easier for me to think of actors who I used to like, but now can't stand.

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Nov 2 2008, 08:07 AM)
Off the top of my head...I'd have to say Leonardo Decaprio, but I didn't HATE him.

He was great in Gilbert Grape, but after Titanic it was just overload.....waaaaay to much of him which took me a few years to get over...He is a great actor though.

Yeah actors you once liked but now hate is an easy one. I'd like to look at this the other way around.

QUOTE (Tammeh @ Nov 2 2008, 02:47 AM)
I never cared for James Spader but since Boston Legal I really like him.

I never liked him either. Boston Legal hasn't change that much for me. But he is really good in it.

I feel the same way about Leo. I now look forward to everything he's in.

Another one was Don Johnson. I hated Miami Vice when it was "cool". But then when it was in syndication, I started to love it and thought Don was a really good actor. Then I seen him in some movies and have always enjoyed his performance. yes.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 2 2008, 12:17 PM)
Brad Pitt and Leonardo as well.  Leonardo really impressed me in "Catch Me If You Can"...

And from there DiCaprio has continued to impress, especially in Scorsese's films. His effective turn in "The Departed" made me forget all about "Titanic." laugh.gif

Count me in as another vote for Leonardo DiCaprio...when he was younger the market was just saturated with him...now that he's older (and I saw him in The Departed) and actually looks like an adult I like him. Pretty dang sexy since he's grown up. wink.gif

Another one I couldn't stand when she was younger was Nicole Kidman...I just didn't like her...now I like her in almost anything she does. Hmmm...perhaps it was her Tom Cruise years I didn't like. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alien Girl @ Nov 2 2008, 04:45 PM)
Count me in as another vote for Leonardo DiCaprio...when he was younger the market was just saturated with him...now that he's older (and I saw him in The Departed) and actually looks like an adult I like him. Pretty dang sexy since he's grown up. wink.gif

Another one I couldn't stand when she was younger was Nicole Kidman...I just didn't like her...now I like her in almost anything she does. Hmmm...perhaps it was her Tom Cruise years I didn't like. tongue.gif

Alien Girl,

Long time, no see! bekloppt.gif

Some good picks already.

I though Leo was brilliant in Gilbert Grape, overrated and overexposed in Titanic, and now is good again.

I also agree with Nicole Kidman. It was the Cruise years. I didn't see the appeal, and I wasn't attracted to her at all. When she and Cruise split, she suddenly got HOT.

Brooke Shields? Yeah... a goody-goody kid doing dirty-dirty movies. Something nauseating about that. But "Suddenly Susan" was good, and I saw her on the cover of a magazine this year and was like, "Whoa!" drool1.gif

My add:

Jim Carey. Loved "In Living Colour," but hated "Ace Ventura" and "The Mask." (Stupid!) His job in "Cable Guy" began to change my mind about him, and by the time of "Truman Show" I saw him as very good. He still picks some losers, though.

I used to really hate Brad Pitt, probably because when I first saw him he was just that brat out of Dallas and that's what I kept thinking of him as...

I'm still not a fan, and I still think he's wooden as hell in 90% of his roles. I suppose he's grown on me though with a few decent performances (Se7en, Fight Club) but even the good Pitt performances need a top actor to bolster them (Morgan Freeman, Ed Norton).

So I don't think the guy sucks anymore he's just about adequate...

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 3 2008, 07:03 AM)
Did you ever notice that Leonardo DiCaprio enjoys acting with a cell phone as a prop? confused13.gif At least in The Departed and the last movie he made that no one saw.

because he's good at playing someone that's in a desperate situation. and when he's on the phone it's always something crucial

I'd also like to add in Jim Carrey. I used to think he was phenomenally stupid. I didn't like him on In Living Colour, and most of his early movies he just seemed to play horrendously stupid characters in awful movies.

Then he started doing serious acting and appeared in some truly great movies - The Truman Show, The Man on the Moon, The Majestic & Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Once I got into him that way, I started appreciating his comedic side a lot more, and I even realized what a brilliant physical comedian he was in some of his older movies and In Living Color episodes I previously couldn't stand.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 2 2008, 07:46 AM)

Yeah actors you once liked but now hate is an easy one. I'd like to look at this the other way around.

That's how I feel. The less I know about their personal lives and opinions the better.

I'd say DiCaprio was pissed what Titanic did to his rep. Face it for 7 years he was tight-cast into those Titanic type roles. He probably starting hating it himself. Now the roles he is in are kicking so much ass. I think he has finally broke free of the stygma Titanic left on him.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 3 2008, 01:58 PM)
I'd say DiCaprio was pissed what Titanic did to his rep. Face it for 7 years he was tight-cast into those Titanic type roles. He probably starting hating it himself. Now the roles he is in are kicking so much ass. I think he has finally broke free of the stygma Titanic left on him.

yes.gif I think he's matured into a much more versatile actor than he was in Titanic.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 3 2008, 01:58 PM)

What "Titanic type roles"? confused13.gif

Don't make assumptions, I'm sure he's very proud of the work he did in Titanic.