vapoUrtrails

Maestro

QUOTE (Maestro @ Oct 27 2008, 11:52 PM)
This album just screams.

I've heard it many, many times, to be sure; but after tonight -after putting a very serious ear on it- I've got to say that I have determined that when this thing finally gets cleaned-up (and it will get cleaned-up) a very great number of Rush fans are in for a very real treat.

Vapor Trails kicks some very serious serious ass. yes.gif

Enough said.

III.

smile.gif I Agree smile.gif

QUOTE (Anthemic @ Oct 28 2008, 10:51 AM)
Vapor Trails is one of the most frustrating albums ever because there are some really good songs there in the mush. i don't know if remastering would really help that much either because i think a lot of the problems were in the playing itself, it's like they didn't really have sense of what would really work with most of those songs and so just threw everything they could at the wall to see what would stick. it works on One Little Victory but on the rest of the album not so much.

i'd love to hear this album rerecorded as a sort of school of rock project by a bunch of ambitious kids, that would be really interesting. a different take entirely is what is needed on most of these songs.

I feel the same way. I love the energy and the theme of the album; loss and coping with things you can't control, etc....but even beyond the crappy production, even if it was remixed and remastered, the album will still sound, to me anyway, too dense. Alex went overboard with the guitar layers and Geddy with the bass/vocal overdubs. Unless they plan on removing some of those as well, VT will still sound like a musical demolition-derby. confused13.gif

And they could have lost a couple of the songs towards the end....Freeze and Out Of the Cradle suck and add nothing to the album.

Archived