Catch NEP at The Buddy Rich Memorial Show

Maestro

Was it just me or did anyone else think Cathy Rich was kinda flaky and annoying? Too much squealing. . .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

show report 2nd row- started of gret w/ Tommy Igoe(Best of The Night)

John Blackwell- killed

Donnie Marple- very talented

Terry Bozzio - was ok- Efran Toro- excellent

Peter Erskine-Suprise Guest- ok

Buddy's Grandson Nick-ok (keep tongue in your mouth)

Chad Smith- was awesome- very comical

Neil Peart- for the swing stuff was ok- played w/ Jeff Berlin (Bass)

Neil looked tired-

people thought- Ged & Alex would come out for YYZ( very jazz oriented )

Ged & Alex were back in Toronto- but would have worked since they were in NY for Edddie Trunk this week

QUOTE (Maestro @ Oct 18 2008, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Oct 18 2008, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 18 2008, 11:41 PM)
applaudit.gif  Great Show  applaudit.gif

How did everyone like the orchestral version of YYZ?  smile.gif

1022.gif

LOVED IT! I was thinking through the whole thing...How can I get a copy of this???

MAESTRO-

Totally caught the NP on the drumset. Very nice new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This was a live stream.

During the backstage pre-show at 'The Drum Channel,' they were saying the show will be available for download in about a month with a DVD to follow.

I'll be going there for an update in the near future.

ORQ: 'Man... ...wow... ...man... what a show!' smile.gif

III.

I wish I would have caught this. Thanks though for everyone giving their feedback. It sounds like it couldn't have been better.

I'll keep my eye out for the DVD maestro. Maybe some clips will turn up on YouTube soon too.

QUOTE (Maestro @ Oct 18 2008, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 18 2008, 08:41 PM)
I think YYZ might translate to bigband fairly well; but this version could've used a bit more polish...

A little behind the scenes note ... all the music from the drummers own catalog was scored/written/transcribed(whatever the right term is) from a Rock band layout to Big Band layout by the same guy that did the job for Buddy throughout his whole career. The guy wrote it the way Buddy would have wanted it ... that is why he was brought in for the job. I met him after the show and it was explained to me what he did.

I wish I knew that before the BR players left as it would have been cool to get a copy of the YYZ score.

I thought YYZ was one of the coolest versions I ever heard. You really had to hear it live to truly appreciate it.

RO!

M

QUOTE (PeartDrumsticks @ Oct 19 2008, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (Maestro @ Oct 18 2008, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 18 2008, 08:41 PM)
I think YYZ might translate to bigband fairly well; but this version could've used a bit more polish...

A little behind the scenes note ... all the music from the drummers own catalog was scored/written/transcribed(whatever the right term is) from a Rock band layout to Big Band layout by the same guy that did the job for Buddy throughout his whole career. The guy wrote it the way Buddy would have wanted it ... that is why he was brought in for the job. I met him after the show and it was explained to me what he did.

I wish I knew that before the BR players left as it would have been cool to get a copy of the YYZ score.

I thought YYZ was one of the coolest versions I ever heard. You really had to hear it live to truly appreciate it.

RO!

M

Very interesting information! I was quite startled at first to hear the clarinet, but got into it.

DId you, perchance, score some sticks?

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Oct 19 2008, 09:19 PM)
Very interesting information!  I was quite startled at first to hear the clarinet, but got into it.

It really sounded so much better live than the little videos and MP3s I have heard so far. It was cool that they were so particular to it sounding the way Buddy would have done it had he been there. Knowing that tidbit made me appreciate that song and all the others that much more afterwards.

QUOTE (Marathonist)
DId you, perchance, score some sticks?
Perchance, yes? biggrin.gif

Keep tuned to the site. The unused pair are up on the main page. The used pair have not gotten to scan them just yet.

Archived