Rush music for a striptease?

liddybuck01

"Tom Sawyer" is a natural for stripping.

Also, "Big Money" should earn you some good tips.

Lastly, "Dog Years" will no doubt give him a rock solid chubby.

Good luck, and remember when stripping, take your time. Don't rush.

Get it "rush".

WOO HOOO !

Ok then.....> bolt.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 21 2008, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 20 2008, 01:45 PM)
I'm sorry - but this idea isnt working for me.  Not Rush songs.  You need very simplified rock beats for a stripper in order to have it be effective.  Rush has too many time signature changes and offbeat transitions, you will look like you have no rhythm if you attempt to dance to them.

Good examples:

Kiss - Lick It Up
Kiss - Take It Off(the most appropriate go-go bar song ever)
Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls

Bad Examples:

Rush songs.

oh no. i disagree. Cut To The Chase is a GREAT song to striptease to...

i'm just sayin'...

coy.gif

Alrighty then...

I need you to strip to this, video it, and send it this way. yes.gif

I don't see how this will work but I am sure if anyone

can pull it off....

YOU CAN!!!

wub.gif

One of the all-time, number one, best strip songs has to be Joe Cocker's rendition of "You Can Leave Your Hat On".

Works best if you actually do have a hat. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 19 2008, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (pixey @ Oct 18 2008, 02:37 PM)
Cut To The Chase! 

That's a good one. Also...

Where's My Thing?

Leave That Thing Alone (the titles of those two are quite fitting, no? laugh.gif )

MalNar

Yes, all of the above.

Plus, Bravest Face and Armor and Sword. Trust me on this wink.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Oct 21 2008, 12:50 PM)
I'm sorry - but this idea isnt working for me.  Not Rush songs.  You need very simplified rock beats for a stripper in order to have it be effective.  Rush has too many time signature changes and offbeat transitions, you will look like you have no rhythm if you attempt to dance to them.

Good examples:

Kiss - Lick It Up

Bad Examples:

Rush songs.

i'm just sayin'...

coy.gif

Alrighty then...

can pull it off....

YOU CAN!!!

wub.gif

z7shysterical.gif

She said "pull it off!"

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Oct 22 2008, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Oct 21 2008, 12:50 PM)

Good examples:

Kiss - Lick It Up

Bad Examples:

Rush songs.

i'm just sayin'...

coy.gif

Alrighty then...

can pull it off....

YOU CAN!!!

wub.gif

z7shysterical.gif

She said "pull it off!"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 22 2008, 05:50 PM)
I think I would enjoy a nice slow striptease of CeeJ to Pag's Ultimate Mix.  yes.gif 

I don't think I'd be able to get through five minutes of it... but the concept is cool.  yes.gif 

drool1.gif

The Pag's Mega Medley?!? It's almost 80 MINUTES LONG!!! How many articles of clothing would someone be wearing at the start of 80 minutes? They'd start out looking like the Michelin Man or maybe one of those sumo wrestling outfits. rofl3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/Michelinman-753287.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/1sumo.jpg

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 20 2008, 12:45 PM)
I'm sorry - but this idea isnt working for me. Not Rush songs. You need very simplified rock beats for a stripper in order to have it be effective. Rush has too many time signature changes and offbeat transitions, you will look like you have no rhythm if you attempt to dance to them.

I haven't been to many strip clubs where the girls actually had to dance to the beat of the song. And yes, I do go to strip clubs rather often with my husband...I'd rather go to a club where women are stripping than one where men are. Cleaner, quieter. Though a girl has to really do some acrobatics on that pole to get my money. Women are just pigs, and everything women think happens when men go to clubs happens when women do. OMG, I've never seen so much grabbing & groping and nastiness.

Anyhoo...

I have stripped for my husband to Freewill. Seems a little odd at first, but towards the end of the song there, you can get some pretty good moves going.

There's a bikini bar in the city next to mine where the girls all dance to hard core heavy metal music. Never been in there myself because it looks rather skanky from the outside. But my husband said the girls do an ok job of it.

stripping to rush for your man? wow, where do I find a girl like that?? some lucky dudes out there! wub.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Oct 18 2008, 06:55 AM)
so i want to put together a playlist of Rush songs to dance to for my husband. know of any good ones?

i know this is a silly question but i'm putting it out there anyways! haha

have any of you ever done this?

i kind of got inspired to do this when listening to "Earthshine". it has the perfect beat to it. so at least i have one in mind!

usually i just put on the same songs, "Symphony of Destruction" or "Wherever I May Roam", but i would like to throw some Rush in the mix.

I'm jealous. Lucky guy.

I'm sorry - but this idea isnt working for me. Not Rush songs. You need very simplified rock beats for a stripper in order to have it be effective. Rush has too many time signature changes and offbeat transitions, you will look like you have no rhythm if you attempt to dance to them.

Good examples:

Kiss - Lick It Up

Bad Examples:

Rush songs.

Exactly. I think it would be extremely difficult for most people to dance seductively to most Rush songs without looking hopelessly out of tune or like Elaine from Seinfeld.

Most, if not all, of Rush's 'sexy' songs (or parts of songs) are on their first album. The Way The Wind Blows has enough of a blues groove to maybe be danceable.

The most obvious post-70s choice is Mystic Rhythms. It has enough musical flow that I could imagine someone dancing to it.

I recently went to a strip joint for the first time in a few years and the most unsexy thing about the evening was the musical selection. ALL of it was R & B/rap/soul/pop. Was I just unlucky or did every dancer that night not have the imagination/musical taste to dance to 'better' music? Maybe they're not allowed to pick their music like they used to.

You cannot perform an effective striptease to Rush songs. Do you bellydance?? Try bellydancing to Ghost of a Chance and Animation. Bellydancing is more of a turn on for men as opposed to doing a striptease. There is a mysterious element to bellydancing that is quite intriuging. Try it your husband will be very pleased!! See ya

Maybe Limelight? That guitar solo in mid song is definitely sexy. (maybe that's just me.. smile.gif )

the driving beat and a couple of time changes to either speed up or slow down the the "suggestivity" if you get my meaning..AHEM..

Good luck.

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 20 2008, 12:37 PM)
oh lordy... z7shysterical.gif
I laugh because I'm thinking if I did that, what songs would I use?

nothing too fast, that would just be funny...

Natural Science? Just call an ambulance, cause I'll need one if I actually make it through the song without dropping...

Passage to Bangkok?
Show Me Don't Tell Me?
Witch Hunt?

Don't know... unsure.gif ...need to think about it some more

This is too good of a topic for me to pass up ...

In all my visits to strip clubs over the years, I can't recall Rush ever being played during someone's turn on the main stage. And my wife, who like strip and could make good money doing it, prefers to take it off to other kinds of music. She isn't much of a Rush fan.

But I will say this ... I've heard Witch Hunt and The Weapon used as background music for some bondage role playing, and they worked out quite well.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Dec 28 2008, 01:07 AM)
i did it. Earthshine and pretty much the entire first album worked well. i must have great rhythm or something if it sounds so impossible to you guys. lol

I assume your fella enjoyed it, then? biggrin.gif