Too Young To Remeber...

Maestro

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 11 2008, 08:19 AM)
And they played the hell out of Def Leppard, too. Remember all those videos from their first couple albums? Joe Elliot in his sleeveless Union Jack shirts? They wouldn't have been a blip on the radar if it wasn't for MTV.

As an educational aside, Joe Irriot was wearing a Union Flag T-shirt. It is only a Jack when flown from the jack-staff (possible ooerr missus moment) of one of Her Satanic Majesties Naval vessels.

But how can I expect a American to get this right when the ill-educated ignorant ignoramus compatriots of mine cannot get it right.

BTW What is MTV?

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Oct 7 2008, 11:05 PM)
Not too young to remember!  That is a perennial Trivial Pursuit question smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 11 2008, 04:34 PM)
thanks for the trip back. I was there.  I remember it being new.  Everything changed in those years...

No doubt! I was also there...

Here is another Trivial Persuit question... what was the second video that aired on MTV??? Anybody remember that one? Guess first, then looky... wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1RiIp-9mU

----------------

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 11 2008, 05:45 PM)
BTW What is MTV?

Something that no longer exists in it's original form...

QUOTE (King Troll @ Oct 11 2008, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 11 2008, 08:19 AM)
And they played the hell out of Def Leppard, too.  Remember all those videos from their first couple albums?  Joe Elliot in his sleeveless Union Jack shirts?  They wouldn't have been a blip on the radar if it wasn't for MTV.

BTW What is MTV?

C'mon now............

QUOTE (MrHands @ Oct 13 2008, 03:19 PM)
Anyone remember when MTV played music videos?

Yep. I want to say that around 1993 or so was when videos started getting less airplay.

Archived