The Rush Forum Album

Analogkid1123

Well BTW placed 36th out of 366 at the Ourstage covers competition. Not too shabby. We also made the "New Artists to watch" chart. The quarter finals only take the top 20 as far as I can gather, so we didn't make that cut. Still pretty good considering some of the competition. Do you guys want to enter another next month?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 27 2009, 01:40 PM)
Well BTW placed 36th out of 366 at the Ourstage covers competition. Not too shabby. We also made the "New Artists to watch" chart. The quarter finals only take the top 20 as far as I can gather, so we didn't make that cut. Still pretty good considering some of the competition. Do you guys want to enter another next month?

I would be interested in anything you might want to try.

Again, I play keyboards and can play anything Rush plays.

Try me out. You won't be disappointed.

QUOTE (RUSH-2112 @ Jul 27 2009, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 27 2009, 01:40 PM)

I would be interested in anything you might want to try.

Again, I play keyboards and can play anything Rush plays.

Try me out. You won't be disappointed.

I'm sure we'd all be glad to have you aboard. Trouble is we've already done a bunch of songs that we had drums for. I meant to enter one of those that are already completed. Right now we're kind of dead in the water for new stuff until a drummer comes through.

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 27 2009, 12:40 PM)

Hell yes. Enter another one.

SDT would be fine with me.

O.K. Show Don't Tell is entered for this month. If you guys want to add anything to the bio, let me know. I can also upload more songs and enter them when we want to but in the mean time people could listen to them. What do you think?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 16 2009, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 16 2009, 12:38 AM)
Wow guys, BTW sounds really nice! You should all be proud of yourselves for what you've accomplished so far. I'm impressed, great playing by all!

So what songs are left to finish?

I finally finished the solos for "La Villa." I'm sending those over to Cyg shortly, and then it needs a final mix.

There was some technical difficulties since that last post, but they're all cleared up now, so today I will be sending the last of the "La Villa" files for mixing. Finally!

Great job again hunter over at Ourstage.com Show Don't Tell was rockin and the new artwork for our cd is awesome. Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work getting this rolling for us. trink39.gif

Please everyone head over to ourstage.com and vote for Show Don't Tell.

Thanks

Dale ( Camera Eye82 )

by the way, the link for the Main Monkey Business doesn't work.

QUOTE (hunter @ Dec 17 2009, 09:38 AM)
Woke up this morning to find our Limelight Cover at number 5! I know it won't last but... biggrin.gif

Limelight

Well done! yes.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

I did think that the keyboards were a little too heavy in the mix and the guitars did not stand out as much as I would like, esp. in the "living in the limelight, the universal dream" parts.

But other than that, it was SPOT ON! Very good indeed.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 17 2009, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Dec 17 2009, 09:38 AM)
Woke up this morning to find our Limelight Cover at number 5! I know it won't last but...  biggrin.gif

Limelight

Well done! yes.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

I did think that the keyboards were a little too heavy in the mix and the guitars did not stand out as much as I would like, esp. in the "living in the limelight, the universal dream" parts.

But other than that, it was SPOT ON! Very good indeed.

Thanks Man. got to agree with your crits. I mixed it headphones so some stuff is too loud and others not loud enough. I'll do a remix, but it's too late for the contest. trink39.gif

Sounds good!

What was our best showing so far anyway? I keep forgetting to check in over there.

Doc Raven has been entering some of the Digital Men tracks and Tom Sawyer finished at #8 I think.

Anyways, I got my recording rig going again and did a Natural Science track to test it out. It's up at the TRFMusicians forum.

Now that I know it works, what songs was I gonna do? I'm getting forgetful.

Well Larger Bowl was the best showing so far at 31. Seems we're always in the 30's. Although limelight was 5th at one point.

Pete, I know you were going to do Witch Hunt and Working Man for sure. I was going to do Limelight, The Enemy Within and Natural Science (If you can do the 12 string in tidal pools that'd be great.) I'm not sure about the rest. I asked Ghostnotes to do Analog Kid because I've been getting into that song lately. I know we we're going to do some 2112 too. It has been a while though.

Archived