The Rush Forum Album

Analogkid1123

QUOTE (hunter @ Mar 20 2009, 09:33 PM)
Still looking for drummers to finish this thing up. Any takers? trink39.gif

ask that 14 year old who posted the drum solo vid... oh that's right.. it wasn't him! laugh.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad musically. Bass is hitting a lot of notes off key, and is playing off time sometimes, and hearing people try to sing Rush is painful for me, but ive definitely heard much worse covers.

Drums and synth are both good. Guitar too.

Im sorry trenken but I do not agree with what you had said about the bass playing. Ged plays a little behind Neil and the bass line is played the same way Ged plays it on Grace Under Pressure. I worked very hard on this song and I dont here what you said. Plus the notes are out? Im sorry if I seem a little steamed but I just dont here what you saying that you here about the bass playing. confused13.gif

That was not bad but if anything, the keys are a little over the top in places and drown out your vocals Hunter.

The bass on BTW sounds fine to me too. I just listened again and didn't hear anything wrong at all.

I really wish a drummer would come through so we can get back to work on this project. The work so far is too good to let it drop.

Wow guys, BTW sounds really nice! You should all be proud of yourselves for what you've accomplished so far. I'm impressed, great playing by all!

So what songs are left to finish?

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 16 2009, 12:38 AM)
Wow guys, BTW sounds really nice! You should all be proud of yourselves for what you've accomplished so far. I'm impressed, great playing by all!

I finally finished the solos for "La Villa." I'm sending those over to Cyg shortly, and then it needs a final mix.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 15 2009, 09:43 PM)

I finally finished the solos for "La Villa." I'm sending those over to Cyg shortly, and then it needs a final mix.

Alright, send the master when it's ready.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 16 2009, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 15 2009, 09:43 PM)

Alright, send the master when it's ready.

Sweet. cool.gif

smile.gif Looking forward to hearing this you guys. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah I want to hear la villa. trink39.gif

The original list of songs drums are still needed for are:

Working Man

2112: Overture

Closer to the Heart

Natural Science (Cygnus said he was working on em but haven't heard a peep for a long while now)

Witch Hunt

The Enemy Within (to complete the trilogy)

The Pass (although I think we just need Cygnus to re-upload his vocal and keys)

That's all I can think of right now.

By the way we started this for fun and to learn about recording techniques and such. So as you add parts Launch was kind enough to give us server space here

TRF Album

to upload all the parts so everyone can practice mixing or playing parts or whatever. The more the merrier. I think it would be cool to have a repository of parts for all the songs to play with. Maybe it's just me though.

So come on drummers save up for a mic or 2 and get us some parts. wink.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 16 2009, 11:26 AM)
Yeah I want to hear la villa. trink39.gif
The original list of songs drums are still needed for are:
Working Man
2112: Overture
Closer to the Heart
Natural Science (Cygnus said he was working on em but haven't heard a peep for a long while now)
Witch Hunt
The Enemy Within (to complete the trilogy)
The Pass (although I think we just need Cygnus to re-upload his vocal and keys)
That's all I can think of right now.
By the way we started this for fun and to learn about recording techniques and such. So as you add parts Launch was kind enough to give us server space here
TRF Album
to upload all the parts so everyone can practice mixing or playing parts or whatever. The more the merrier. I think it would be cool to have a repository of parts for all the songs to play with. Maybe it's just me though.

So come on drummers save up for a mic or 2 and get us some parts. wink.gif

Holy shit, you still need drums for all those tunes? wft? laugh.gif

For some reason I thought you guys were nearly finished with this project.

I pm'd Pete with some info like this: My band is starting our new album next month so my drums will be in the studio and dialed in for at least a week. During this time I see no reason why I can't record tracks for at least 1 of those songs. This is pending of course. Need to get our tracks done for 12 songs first, but shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM)

Holy shit, you still need drums for all those tunes? wft? laugh.gif
For some reason I thought you guys were nearly finished with this project.

I pm'd Pete with some info like this: My band is starting our new album next month so my drums will be in the studio and dialed in for at least a week. During this time I see no reason why I can't record tracks for at least 1 of those songs. This is pending of course. Need to get our tracks done for 12 songs first, but shouldn't be a problem.

I got your PM and just replied.

Yeah, we still have a way to go but if you could do one or two tracks it would be a big help. Anything would be much appreciated!

Archived