The Rush Forum Album

Analogkid1123

Ok, a couple months ago i said that some people over in Making Modern Music are making a TRF Rush cover album....And it's going GREAT so far.

We are almost 1/2 way done...and here is what we have so far(there will be about 12 songs total)

The Main Monkey Business

Guitar: _pete_

Bass: The Camera Eye82

Drums: Neil Peart himself (off of his website)

Synth: Dr. Raven

Between The Wheels

Guitar:Pete

Drums: KirkDS

Synth: Camera Eye82/Dr. Raven

Vox: Hunter

The Weapon (Note, this one is still up for a little bit more mixing)

Guitar: _pete_

Drums: KirkDS

Synth: The Camera Eye82

The Larger Bowl

Guitar: Hunter

Bass: RushBass

Drums: Cygnus X-1b2k

ALL MIXING DONE BY: DR. RAVEN

Project Moderator: Analogkid1123

So that's where we are at so far. I think it's sounding great.....comments wanted...

ATTENSION!!!!!

WE NEED DRUMMERS TO FINISH THE PROJECT!!!! WE HAVE 0!!!!

Private Message me to help!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any plans to burn this to a CD? We have several good artists on this forum who could do the cover work. (No, I am not one of them!)

QUOTE (attn deficiency. @ Sep 28 2008, 06:11 PM)
Wow, this sounds awesome.  I would contribute something if I had any musical inclination at all.

I could actually attempt to do the album artwork if necessary.

Sounds great yes.. I would love to contribute with some artwork too. Maybe we can do something together...

I've been working as an graphics and is into a 3D CG. Made some rush art that you can find in turn the page 3D CG and more

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Sep 28 2008, 10:39 AM)
ATTENSION!!!!!

WE NEED DRUMMERS TO FINISH THE PROJECT!!!! WE HAVE 0!!!!

Private Message me to help!!!

I'm a drummer (bassist and guitarist too) but it sounds like you have a drummer in those mixes.

Edit: Sounds great though. I've listened to all of them and the attention to detail in the sound and re-creation of the performances is excellent. Perhaps that puts a lot of pressure on a drummer to re-create Peart's parts, which let's be honest, is a very, very big challenge. The tracks above sound really good, however. Top notch for an internet-based multi-track file swap !

this sounds hella amzing. i wish i could have supplied some guitar parts, but i dont know how my guitar would sound being recorded directly into my computer with my Rush settings from my pod xt live. it sounds good, but i dont know how good. plus it seems you guys got everything covered. but i do agree with putting out an actual cd. i would definetly gladly pay postage and send a blank to get a copy smile.gif

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Oct 6 2008, 10:42 PM)
this sounds hella amzing. i wish i could have supplied some guitar parts, but i dont know how my guitar would sound being recorded directly into my computer with my Rush settings from my pod xt live. it sounds good, but i dont know how good. plus it seems you guys got everything covered. but i do agree with putting out an actual cd. i would definetly gladly pay postage and send a blank to get a copy smile.gif

If you can get the gearbox software you should be able to get a great sound out of your POD. Also you can just plug it in to your sound card and use the free software audacity to record your parts. Plenty of other musicians on here want to record some stuff. Maybe time to start the rush forum tribute album 2.0. smile.gif

QUOTE (hunter @ Oct 7 2008, 11:50 AM)
this sounds hella amzing.  i wish i could have supplied some guitar parts, but i dont know how my guitar would sound being recorded directly into my computer with my Rush settings from my pod xt live.  it sounds good, but i dont know how good.  plus it seems you guys got everything covered.  but i do agree with putting out an actual cd.  i would definetly gladly pay postage and send a blank to get a copy smile.gif

If you can get the gearbox software you should be able to get a great sound out of your POD. Also you can just plug it in to your sound card and use the free software audacity to record your parts. Plenty of other musicians on here want to record some stuff. Maybe time to start the rush forum tribute album 2.0. smile.gif

yeah, i just need to find the cable, i kinda lost it in transition of moving. haha

TRF Album 2: Electric Boogaloo!!!!! haha. What are all the songs they got going on for the 1st one. i know of BTW, The Weapon, Larger Bowl, and TMMB.

this sounds hella amzing.  i wish i could have supplied some guitar parts, but i dont know how my guitar would sound being recorded directly into my computer with my Rush settings from my pod xt live.  it sounds good, but i dont know how good.  plus it seems you guys got everything covered.  but i do agree with putting out an actual cd.  i would definetly gladly pay postage and send a blank to get a copy smile.gif

Damn, I wish I had the programs to contribute something myself. There's only so much jamming in my living room by myself a man can stand you know.

If you decide 2.0 has Marathon or Vital Signs on it (and invent some sort of magical program I can add to) I want to give it a try laugh.gif

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Oct 7 2008, 06:48 PM)

yeah, i just need to find the cable, i kinda lost it in transition of moving. haha

TRF Album 2: Electric Boogaloo!!!!! haha. What are all the songs they got going on for the 1st one. i know of BTW, The Weapon, Larger Bowl, and TMMB.

Limelight's on there too. I forget the rest but I don't think 2112, Subdivisions, or Xanadu are on it.

BTW is really cool, but if I may I have a suggestion for the singer. It almost sounds like he's trying to be quiet as no not disturb anybody else (recording late at night with others in the house maybe) or is too self-aware of his voice in a bad way. I know because this used to happen to me all the time when I'd go to do my vocal track- I'd be way too self-conscious and it would come through on the recording. The end "brother can you spare another war" part is where I really noticed it. I'm not singer by any defination of the word but I found that when you really throw yourself into it and forget about what's around you- or that with your headphones on everybody can just hear your voice w/o the music- you'll usually do better. Other than that little nitpick I think he's doing a great job with the vocals.

Oh, and spot on guitar solo too, awesome!

Archived