Are You Tick?

rushgoober

Are You Tick?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Tick?

• No, I am not Tick.
    • Yes, I am Tick. I am the one and only and actual Tick. There will only be a 0 for this option until Tick votes in this poll and then there will be a 1. No other number is acceptable.
    • I am not Tick, but like Tick, I am an expert in flooring.
    • Tick is a puzzling and crypic enigma. If I were Tick, I would question my own sanity and not know if I truly was he. Can Tick even know himself, even by reflection, or is he too close to the forest to see the trees? Please no longer frustrate me with unanswerable existential Zen paradoxes concerning my elusive Self and its relation or non-relation as the case may be with the aforementioned Tick.
    • What can one say to such a question other than to don a flowing indigo robe and shout from the rooftops, "Yes! Yes! I am the one you've all been waiting for! I am he! I am the great and glorious TICK!
    • In my more surrealistic and blurry moments I feel that yes, I indeed might be Tick, but then reality presses in on me like an oppressive humid Louisiana evening and I realize in my heart of hearts that no, I am not Tick after all.
    • I wish! Ah, but if only I were Tick. Life would be so much easier then! Oh why, Lord? Why did you not make me Tick? What have I done to deserve this unending plight of not being Tick??!!!
    • Similar to the proverbial spoon, there is no Tick.

What was the TRF 2006 insanity movement? And what happened to it?

It started at the end of 2005 actually when I registered an account and slowly started to make people scratch there heads with the threads I started...jawk jaw, hilda, many others....and many followed along and went crazy with me.

It was a magical time in which I met probably 50+ members of this board in person, many of which I still see today. One of my daughters closest friends is the daughter of Pags who is a moderator here. She spends a week at my home in the summer, and my daughter spends a week at her house.

This place has left a major impact on my life in so many ways!

I am sorry I missed it. A few times already I have brought up on here that there was more camaraderie on here back then than now. I think that's tragic, but that's the way it is.

tick & Slacker were the first two TRFers I met. First met them one evening back in '06 on some dark street in NY. Queens maybe? Was kind of weird seeing them standing in the dark like that. And me walking around with my big ass backpacking travel bag.

I wanted to murder Bobby that night! LOL

It started at the end of 2005 actually when I registered an account and slowly started to make people scratch there heads with the threads I started...jawk jaw, hilda, many others....and many followed along and went crazy with me.

It was a magical time in which I met probably 50+ members of this board in person, many of which I still see today. One of my daughters closest friends is the daughter of Pags who is a moderator here. She spends a week at my home in the summer, and my daughter spends a week at her house.

I am sorry I missed it. A few times already I have brought up on here that there was more camaraderie on here back then than now. I think that's tragic, but that's the way it is.

tick & Slacker were the first two TRFers I met. First met them one evening back in '06 on some dark street in NY. Queens maybe? Was kind of weird seeing them standing in the dark like that. And me walking around with my big ass backpacking travel bag.

I wanted to murder Bobby that night! LOL

Bobby would probably be smiling and continuing to talk while you're strangling the life out of him. Haha!

• Like 1

It truly was an incredible period of time, and what Tick said is so true. Some of the biggest laughs and most memorable times have been with the people who gelled together from this board. At this point in our friendship, I find it weird to refer to Tick as Tick. :LOL: I trust my daughters are in good hands when they visit the Tick household. My oldest is now in college only 15 minutes from their home and just last weekend spent the day there (thank you by the way for picking her up and dropping her off that is so kind of you), and as Tick mentioned his daughter and one of my twins are inseparably close.
  • Like 1

What I want to know is what happened to so many of these old members who had thousands of posts. They just left and never came back?

I found another thread today started by Groupie Barbie that, once I got the joke :| , is hysterical, but most of those who posted in it aren't here anymore, and it's not members with just a few hundred posts either - these are men with close to 20,000 posts.

It just makes me sad that the place has changed so much.

I'm still here from time to time, although I participate very little and don't moderate like I used (and should). Could be a nice thing for some when I pop on, an aggravating thing for others. :) I can't speak for anyone else who may not be around like they once were, but from my perspective it's just how life ebbs and flows and brings people to and from. Life circumstances are my own reason. Some of those curve balls can really steal away the joy in wanting to do much of anything. Nowadays if I browse through the board there are so many members I don't know and I just don't have the time or energy to become as deeply a part of things as I used to. But there is always love for this place. Always.
  • Like 1

What I want to know is what happened to so many of these old members who had thousands of posts. They just left and never came back?

I found another thread today started by Groupie Barbie that, once I got the joke :| , is hysterical, but most of those who posted in it aren't here anymore, and it's not members with just a few hundred posts either - these are men with close to 20,000 posts.

I'm still here from time to time, although I participate very little and don't moderate like I used (and should). Could be a nice thing for some when I pop on, an aggravating thing for others. :) I can't speak for anyone else who may not be around like they once were, but from my perspective it's just how life ebbs and flows and brings people to and from. Life circumstances are my own reason. Some of those curve balls can really steal away the joy in wanting to do much of anything. Nowadays if I browse through the board there are so many members I don't know and I just don't have the time or energy to become as deeply a part of things as I used to. But there is always love for this place. Always.

The tree/pole-hanging firefighter who had biceps of steel as a kid speaks. ;)

Yeah, I hear you about life and all that.

I left for a year but didn't look once at TRF in all that time. When I returned a few months ago it seemed like 75% of the board members were different.

• Like 1

I left for a year but didn't look once at TRF in all that time. When I returned a few months ago it seemed like 75% of the board members were different.

:cheers:
  • Like 1

:codger:
  • Like 1

goose, I remember when you were new to TRF. In fact, I'm pretty sure you and that maniac bird from Manchester joined around the same time. :codger:

• Like 2

But that's so sad to me although I understand and can fully appreciate that you do have more important things in your life. :) I know about those curve balls too and how they can steal away the joy of wanting to do things.

• Like 1

I finally figured out why Pags came back today. :codger:

To celebrate Tick's anniversary. :)

But, where's Tick? :unsure:

Facebook tells me he's making goofy faces and drinking beer at a Rangers game. :LOL:

Tells me the same! :LOL: And it being Tick's anniversary is a completely fortunate coincidence. :D
  • Like 3

goose, I remember when you were new to TRF. In fact, I'm pretty sure you and that maniac bird from Manchester joined around the same time. :codger:

Class of '06, I think.

Class of '06, I think.

Just looked it up: you were born on TRF 11 days after the Manchester duck in July '06.

But that's so sad to me although I understand and can fully appreciate that you do have more important things in your life. :) I know about those curve balls too and how they can steal away the joy of wanting to do things.

There are a gazillion pics and videos in the deep crevaces of this forum of the varous get togethers and concert meet-ups. A thousand funny stories and of course the famous Exxon tailgate party. Good times.
  • Like 1

There are a gazillion pics and videos in the deep crevaces of this forum of the varous get togethers and concert meet-ups. A thousand funny stories and of course the famous Exxon tailgate party. Good times.

So true. If you weren't a TRFer 7-11 years ago, it'd be next to impossible to find those threads simply because you wouldn't know where to look.

Here's what I found:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/67516-where-did-you-meet-that-trfer/

• Like 3

So true. If you weren't a TRFer 7-11 years ago, it'd be next to impossible to find those threads simply because you wouldn't know where to look.

Here's what I found:

http://www.therushfo...eet-that-trfer/

Great link! :cheers:

Here's a link to a post from Pagscon '08. Lots and lots of pics and great stories from an amazing week all with people from this site.

http://www.therushfo...00#entry1382299

• Like 1

There may be a gadzillion videos and pictures, but I have dial-up, can't watch videos, and to access most pictures here, I have to leave Opera and open up IE, and that doesn't always work well either. I miss out on a lot. Edited by Lorraine