I'm listening to Death Magnetic

Soni

I still think the whole album will stink . Why do we assume , that 7 minute songs will make the music good again - it doesnt . The few songs i have heard are a miss match of semi heavy riffs attempting , yes i said ATTEMPTING to sound like the good ol' days . Metallica should call it a day . well , you guys are liking it ........... enjoy i guess ..........

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 13 2008, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 13 2008, 07:13 PM)
still listening since yesterday 1022.gif

good eh? cool.gif

i am very suprised to say the least 1022.gif

QUOTE (rotting @ Sep 14 2008, 11:15 PM)
I still think the whole album will stink . Why do we assume , that 7 minute songs will make the music good again - it doesnt . The few songs i have heard are a miss match of semi heavy riffs attempting , yes i said ATTEMPTING to sound like the good ol' days . Metallica should call it a day . well , you guys are liking it ........... enjoy i guess ..........

Well everyone's tastes are different. Some people will always hate what others love and vice versa. No one universally agrees on anything. Look up Master Of Puppets on amazon.com and you'll find 1-star reviews calling the album and the band complete trash.

Ass for every seat.

Most people seem to be digging this record as a return to form. I happen to agree. It has much of what hasn't worked lately, namely good transitions (a few awkward moments), hooks without being "hooky," heavy with attitude and not just riffs for riffing sake...etc. If you listen to the album 3 or 4 times, it's very satisfying. Otherwise it's easy to dismiss and long and busy. You actually have to spend enough time with it to learn it and feel it some....

Edited by Presto-digitation

I'm really digging "THE END OF THE LINE"...just some wicked riffs!

The one part in particular...'The slave becomes the master', man, it just kicks your a**! 1022.gif

Also, I love the riffs throughout Cyanide. It's another heavy song that gets right in your face.

I still want to give it a few more listens...but wow, it really is an excellent album. Obviously, I already felt this way when I heard the first few tracks before the release date...which is why I went out and bought it.

Nice to see the boys back, and rocking hard! yes.gif

QUOTE (3113 @ Sep 15 2008, 12:06 PM)
It's good! It shows the real cancer was Bob Rock.

thats it ............. blame bob rock for the lousy music ........Bob rock was only doing what he was getting paid to do , make their cock rock metal sound a little better . You cant make shit into gold , at the end of the day - its shit .

QUOTE (rotting @ Sep 15 2008, 03:47 PM)
It's good!  It shows the real cancer was Bob Rock.

thats it ............. blame bob rock for the lousy music ........Bob rock was only doing what he was getting paid to do , make their cock rock metal sound a little better . You cant make shit into gold , at the end of the day - its shit .

I don't get it. Are these posts supposed to be funny...ironic...what? I'm not getting the humor.

Well, having seen them live last night at London's O2 arena I can tell you the new stuff is incredible live! Broken, Beat and Scarred is a massive live tune!

Disco

You hate Metallica. We get it dude. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 16 2008, 10:01 AM)

You hate Metallica. We get it dude. sarcasm.gif

I love metallica , this makes me sad .

The remaster is better, but the other one is already on my ipod and I'm realllllllly lazy. The vinyl doesn't sound much better, but I don't really notice the clipping through the stereo. It's just freaking LOUD.

Anyway...the album is great. All Nightmare Long was my immediate favorite and it still is. This album easily deserves a spot next to the four classics, and while it's not my favorite album so far this year, it's close. Even the single grew on me tremendously.

Lars still sucks...couldn't resist. laugh.gif

god, i can not stand listening to him talk .