I'm listening to Death Magnetic

Soni

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Sep 18 2008, 06:30 PM)
finally got it. where the hell is the bass??

that is one prob i have, but i will listen more 1022.gif

I listened to it yesterday for the first time and I gotta say, even with my high expectations, I thought it was the best stuff they've ever done. Really raw sounding, yet really cool changes make it interesting and fun. This is the first Metallica album I've bought since master of puppets. They pulled out all the stops and set a new standard of quality imho. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I normally can't listen to a whole metallica album at once, but this one is different. Very listenable. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 19 2008, 10:57 AM)
I'm not a Metallica fan, but I'm baffled by all this! Why would Metallica release a poorly mixed CD? confused13.gif As with Vapor Trails, it makes no sense! Are the "professionals" involved just inept? confused13.gif

You'd think they'd all give a good listen before saying..."done, go..!" I'd want to bless the thing before it got shipped out.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 19 2008, 01:22 PM)
Still listening to this............great album.........better with each listen.

yes.gif

it has been a week and a half of death magnetic for me. i really dig it. the few problems i have with it are

the production is much better than st.anger but it is a lot like A.J.F.A. where the fu*k is the bass? . i know the link for a better version but why? why can't they release a well produced album? song wise , great except i can do without UNFORGIVEN 3 and SUICIDE AND REDEMPTION. every other song is really good. MASTER OF PUPPETS ? . no, and that's fine. i just wanted a kick ass metal album and i got one

my 2 cent's

p.s. dumb cover

1022.gif

Really nice album, easily their best in a very long time. The only things I don't particularly care for are the "This I swear, this I swear, the sun will shine, this I swear" bit in TDTNC, and the whole of S&R just seems very out of place in the legacy of Metallica instrumentals. But an excellent album, it's just a shame that it's clipped as hell. 100% recommended, though.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that, after seeing vids of the songs being played live, I'm really stunned over how tight the band is playing the new songs. They should release a live album soon, it's been a while since they've done so. I'll definitely see them the next time they're around, the past 2 times (2007/2008) were both excellent concerts, but there's nothing like experiencing new songs from a new album.

Edited by Blackened Justice

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 24 2008, 02:07 PM)
it has been a week and a half of death magnetic for me. i really dig it. the few problems i have with it are
the production is much better than st.anger but it is a lot like A.J.F.A. where the fu*k is the bass? . i know the link for a better version but why? why can't they release a well produced album? song wise , great except i can do without UNFORGIVEN 3 and SUICIDE AND REDEMPTION. every other song is really good. MASTER OF PUPPETS ? . no, and that's fine. i just wanted a kick ass metal album and i got one
my 2 cent's
p.s. dumb cover
1022.gif

Those are the 2 that I could do without too............

I'll stick to bands that havnt lost their edge . Maybe all you metallica defenders should check out some new death angel , and see how unpure the new " lica " is . Like st. anger - their just trying to hard to sound like metal again , and metal should be natural - not pushed .

QUOTE (rotting @ Sep 24 2008, 07:10 PM)
I'll stick to bands that havnt lost their edge . Maybe all you metallica defenders should check out some new death angel , and see how unpure the new " lica " is . Like st. anger - their just trying to hard to sound like metal again , and metal should be natural - not pushed .

Most of us aren't defending nothing........lots of us like the new album because it's good. Why do you have to continually bash them? Maybe you could start you own thread for that, and hang out in there..........we know that you hate them.

I must say I really underestimated them... I didn't think this new one would be any good. I heard about 5 songs yesterday and am blown away. It really rocks! 1022.gif I'm gonna buy it too yes.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Sep 24 2008, 07:50 PM)
I must say I really underestimated them... I didn't think this new one would be any good. I heard about 5 songs yesterday and am blown away. It really rocks! 1022.gif I'm gonna buy it too yes.gif

Which five? It probably gets better still...

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 24 2008, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Sep 24 2008, 07:10 PM)

Most of us aren't defending nothing........lots of us like the new album because it's good. Why do you have to continually bash them? Maybe you could start you own thread for that, and hang out in there..........we know that you hate them.

Were discussing the album , so far everone is giving horns like its crazy metal - Im still trying to understand .

QUOTE (rotting @ Sep 24 2008, 09:33 PM)
[/quote]
Were discussing the album , so far everone is giving horns like its crazy metal - Im still trying to understand .

i pretty much do this 1022.gif after everything i post. just me 1022.gif

I'm pleasantly surprised.

This is quite good - possibly their best effort since Justice. Definitely their best since the black album.

With the exception of James' voice, the lyrics, and Lars' choice of snare, it's all there!

I have the guitar hero version on CD. The store bought CD is clipped to hell and unlistenable.