I'm listening to Death Magnetic

Soni

(First I have to admit it I got it on a file sharing program, BUT I have it preordered so no harm done, right Lars?)

So far I'm very pleased with the sound of it, very heavy, very well produced, great vocals. It's like the missing link between AJFA and The Black. Kirk is on fire on this one ,his best perfomance in at least 20 years. It feels like classic Metallica, it feels good!

Now let's see how Mustaine will top that laugh.gif

... And I forgot, Robert rocks really good bass playing in there.

The Day That Never Comes is IMO One II.

They're back smile.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 12 2008, 10:56 AM)
I haven't heard it yet, but someone told me the production quality is just *shit* like worse than St Anger.  Anyone can comment on this?

The production is much better than St. Anger. Not even close. Not their best production....has problems like Justice has sound issues. It's mastered HOT, like Vapor Trails, though not that muddy.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 12 2008, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 11 2008, 06:15 PM)
The instrumental (Suicide & Redemption) is my least favorite.  It's a mid-tempo dude with an OK riff...but it's middle section is really excellent, so that's the big draw for me in that one.

Instrumental??! ohmy.gif

F'N SWEET!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif common001.gif

10 minutes long. BEAUTIFUL middle section and some really GREAT solos from Hammett in this song. The main riff is ho-hum but the rest is really tasty.

i am listening to it right now as well. 1022.gif i will let it sink in before i pass judgement

Throw your hand to the air and say "I do believe!" This album is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

People it's the one we've been waiting for, the one where the viscral pleasure course through you as you hear the beautiful powerful expressions of anger and rage!

This album defines this genre. The Kings of metal have retaken their crowns.

How can this be the same band that brought us the undiluted shit of St Anger. All is forgiven.

It's heavily and fast with some great sound design. Fully separated instruments, you can really hear what's going on. It's not loaded with choruses and big hooks, but after a few listens the structures become apparent.

it speak directly to your testosterone. And I've just found out their playing right by my work on Monday...

Disco

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 12 2008, 11:57 AM)
i am listening to it right now as well. 1022.gif  i will let it sink in before i pass judgement

It really is a great listen. I've probably listened to it 10 times or so total (including leaked version) and I like it more with each listen. WHOEVER takes a stab at this album, give it some time. There's a LOT of music on this record...10 songs, 75 minutes and it's a bit overwhelming on one listen, so give it a few before passing judgment. By listen 3 or 4 you'll be really pleased.

Edited by Presto-digitation

After St. Anger, I wasn't sure what to expect from another Metallica record. I loved their first five records and at least a good chunk of the Load records, but the last one had few redeeming moments on it. Death Magnetic is the most powerful record I've heard them make in decades musically speaking.

The thing I really like is that the band sounds so strong together. James riffs and vocals are great. Kirk's lead guitar work is the best he's done in years. Rob is a perfect fit as a bass player. I'm just glad they pulled it off.