Neil's bike(s)???

lya2112yyz

Sat. morning and it rained? in L.A. yesterday. Now, the roads are clean and the air too, for at least a Day...time to get some 91 octane and take a ride...and get all smoothed out inside. 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November here has been a suprise of a couple of days here and there of sunshine. Managed to ride a bit, and go search for a job riding around. Hopefully I can weather this unemplyment s**t and still keep my bike or get another one.

I just read Neils' report on his site about splitting to the Desert on the GS, cool story. I want to visit Devils Hole too. I think I came close once when I drove by The Fabulous Forum of Inlewood Calif. and Boy George was belting out, I'll tumble for ya... 2.gif 1022.gif even pupfish won't survive. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Geez. I like to split town too and put my mind in neutral somewhere in the past. But, if I were worth a Billion Dollars(I really am worth more...), I might watch my step on a road less travelled...we love our drum hero!!!Careful Professor!!! 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Got out on my bike a bit today. 20 something miles of frigid riding.

At least I got out. We took it easy because Eric is breaking in a brand new 09 ZX-6, and I am rusty.

At least I got out! 1022.gif

That reminds me of my first bike. I was 12 and had my own paper route, The Ventura County Star Free Press as it was called then (the best), Now, The Star. That was 1973 and I saved up 400 bones and went to Santa Paula Yamaha and picked up this used '73 Yamaha 125 MX silver tanker w/ red stripe. I was in my own Heaven, I rode the living Hell outta that, but also babied it like it was a lil Chihuahua Dog...Well one of my customers were The Costners. Ya Kevin and Co. He even had drums in his room. Very inspiring for a young post 60's kid. Well there's no point in bringing him up other than the fact that whenever I think of chucking newspapers I remember that he disdained my Brother and I, whom are almost full blooded Native American... that dirty Chi...blah blah Dog cause he didn't throw me and Tabb in his flick. Anyway, I broke my arm Ron Howard signed it filming Eat My Dust across the street from my House, and I still rode that MX bike. I went through three seperate casts...couldn't keep me off the bike even back then... 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Dec 29 2008, 06:56 PM)
I just read Neils' report on his site about splitting to the Desert on the GS, cool story. I want to visit Devils Hole too. I think I came close once when I drove by The Fabulous Forum of Inlewood Calif. and Boy George was belting out, I'll tumble for ya... 2.gif 1022.gif even pupfish won't survive. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

rofl3.gif

O.K.,it rained in Los Angeles today and it's really fun when you down shift and get sideways while hauling ass westbound down Olympic to Fox Studios...gaddam slow ass drivers, actually that's a sweet way to get to the other side fast from Normandie. Take Sixth to, right before La Brea, and hang a left onto Wilshire then grab a left onto La Brea itself and head for Olympic. Then, if it's a cool day you can get to Galaxy of the Stars and thus, Fox Studios where I park the GS on the 3rd floor garage and haul down to the Commissary where I proceed to go crazy in the real Hells Kitchen.... 2.gif 1022.gif Thanks to 2.gif for a great '07/'08 S&A Tour...my gad what a gig... 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif

Well, last weekend was so f***ing clear I could see the canyons on the Channel Islands from Malibu going up to Ventura on a Sunset Northerly ride so sweet, man. I took some cool digi pics so I got something of that day. Also I took some Channel Islands Harbor pics at the end of Hollywood Beach at the Harbor mouth. Super clear. Super high. 2.gif 1022.gif

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Alsgalpal, telegraphcreeklocal

bekloppt.gif

I am installing heated grips on my bike tomorrow. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

A good dose of AutoZone spray lube on the essentials especially wiring around your shifter mechanism behind the rear wheel...keeps the water out from your contacts and smooth shifting for when a Japanese bike needs a lesson at the light... 2.gif 1022.gif