Neil's bike(s)???

lya2112yyz

Thank God It's Friday because tommorow morning is my favorite time of the week. The morning ride on Sunset blvd. and Gower, for coffee. then up to the top of Griffeth Park Observatory. Then up to Ventura County my old home town... 2.gif 1022.gif

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you live in SoCal, you will never see the weather the same the next day. Last night, the Devil Winds kicked in and this morning you can see forever. What the Chumash must have seen 500 years ago in Los Angeles, clear, blue skies... 2.gif 1022.gif Time to pack up all those phantoms and shoulder that invisible load... 2.gif 1022.gif

As long as we're posting pics of our bikes, here's mine, a 2003 Honda VTX 1800R.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/ghostofarider1/PICT0007.jpg

This is the one I rode to Rushcon 5. I had a spill on it in Ohio on my way to the event when I hit what looked like a trail of water I assumed leaked from somebody's bass boat but turned out to be oil. When I applied my breaks to make a turn into a gas station the bike zigged this way, zagged that way and then went down throwing me to the tarmac. I and the bike were okay though I showed up at the convention with road rash on my arm and there were a few scratches on the bike.

Good thing you and the bike turned out ok. When I crash I always freak on the bike and never about me. The last time I crashed I was on my Pro-Circuit CRF450R 2005 going about 80 doing sprints down a straight road but had up and down sections. Well on my way back one time I forgot what was on the other side of an up section. I was going that fast and put the disc brakes on. They are so touchy that they lock the rear wheel immediatly and swerve the hell out me. When I let off the brakes, I went over the hill fine but was aiming for the side of the road not straight and so up I went on the berm and down on my right side. The bike had throttle damage and silencer damage and my plastics needed a call to Acerbis...and I later found out I broke my finger, sprained my wrist and scraped the side of my face off when I bit dirt...oh what fun bikes are!!! 2.gif 1022.gif I want a new 125 motocross bike for Christmas!!!

250 miles today. 1022.gif

Only one corner scared me, and it should have been rated at 15 mph, even though it wasn't rated at all, and it was a blind corner with a decreasing radius... ph34r.gif

Well, I did eventually get my BMW... a ghost bike of my very own. I notice earlier someone mentioned that going from a Vespa to a BMW was a big jump? Well, my dad has had motorcycles ever since I was a kid, I had a few better, faster, more-dangerous and more-exciting models before I moved out. Then a Vespa was all I could afford.

Right now I'm riding my new one as much as possible before I put on too much weight with my pregnancy...

QUOTE (lya2112yyz @ Oct 13 2008, 04:02 PM)
Well, I did eventually get my BMW... a ghost bike of my very own. I notice earlier someone mentioned that going from a Vespa to a BMW was a big jump? Well, my dad has had motorcycles ever since I was a kid, I had a few better, faster, more-dangerous and more-exciting models before I moved out. Then a Vespa was all I could afford.

Right now I'm riding my new one as much as possible before I put on too much weight with my pregnancy...

My mum had to give up her motorbike just before she had me... sad.gif

QUOTE (lya2112yyz @ Oct 13 2008, 07:02 AM)

1022.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Oct 14 2008, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (lya2112yyz @ Oct 13 2008, 07:02 AM)

1022.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Oct 17 2008, 12:54 PM)
It's supposed to be dry this weekend. Maybe I can disappear for an afternoon... tongue.gif

What better soothing meditation than the ebb and flow of time and motion on my 2006 BMW R1200GS...except for cat.gif cool10.gif 2.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Anyway, Here's the little motor bike I built early last summer....

I love this thing! It does 60mph!!!!! 80cc!!!!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON. DANGER!!!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/dblacklab/S6302384.jpg drool1.gif

Built it from a kit off of ebay and a bike form the local megamart....

QUOTE (yes.2 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:07 AM)
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/DSCN5585.jpg

This picture really really talks to me! OH man! thanks for sharing!!! really really!

He really did put the miles on that thing! wacko.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (yes.2 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:10 AM)

I love this thing! It does 60mph!!!!! 80cc!!!!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON. DANGER!!!

Oh, it's so sweet! I want one! common001.gif

QUOTE (lya2112yyz @ Oct 26 2008, 06:15 AM)
QUOTE (yes.2 @ Oct 26 2008, 08:07 AM)
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/DSCN5585.jpg

This picture really really talks to me! OH man! thanks for sharing!!! really really!

He really did put the miles on that thing!  wacko.gif

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

My camera lens was two feet away from the Bass drum at Guitar Center Hollywood, Sept. 2005 with drum clinician, Lorne Wheaton at the helm... 2.gif 1022.gif

Cool!... but kind of ironic in a way. This is exactly how motorcycles started out being built 100 years ago. I love the classic simplicity.

My first bike was a 1973 Yamaha MX 125. I saved up my own money, $400.00, from my own paper route. I was 11 years old. One of my customers were The Costners, two houses up from mine. Kevin, had a drum kit and psychedelic black light posters on the wall...it's a small world after all. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Oct 26 2008, 02:15 PM)

I love this thing! It does  60mph!!!!! 80cc!!!!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON. DANGER!!!

Cool!... but kind of ironic in a way. This is exactly how motorcycles started out being built 100 years ago. I love the classic simplicity.

Thank you!

The simplicity and classic beauty, plus the fact that it gets 130 miles to the gallon while providing enough speed to safely compete in local traffic makes it so very wonderful to be a part of....

They cost nothing....Build one yourself. heart.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Oct 27 2008, 04:11 PM)
My first bike was a 1973 Yamaha MX 125. I saved up my own money, $400.00, from my own paper route. I was 11 years old. One of my customers were The Costners, two houses up from mine. Kevin, had a drum kit and psychedelic black light posters on the wall...it's a small world after all. 2.gif 1022.gif

My first bike was a little old Honda 50 that I saved up for by woodcutting with my step dad.

I took my Son to the shop and he picked out a Honda CRF50 in 2004. He was 6 years old. It cost me $2000. We ride Motocross together on the weekends up at Gorman, Piru MX, Glen Helen and Ballinger... 2.gif 1022.gif I have a '05 CRF450R ProCircuit and it's so fast it's sick... 2.gif 1022.gif along with my BMW R1200GS, my 7th bike of my life... 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Oct 30 2008, 09:42 PM)
I took my Son to the shop and he picked out a Honda CRF50 in 2004. He was 6 years old. It cost me $2000. We ride Motocross together on the weekends up at Gorman, Piru MX, Glen Helen and Ballinger... 2.gif 1022.gif I have a '05 CRF450R ProCircuit and it's so fast it's sick... 2.gif 1022.gif along with my BMW R1200GS, my 7th bike of my life... 2.gif 1022.gif

What a RUSH that must give you...

^ 062802puke_prv.gif Terrible pun

rofl3.gif 2.gif 1022.gif