Suggestions for improving Turn The Page

Jack Aubrey

What about pinning a few certain reading genre:

1. Sci Fi / fantasy

2. Mystery and Thrillers

3. Political

etc.....

This way we won't have to search through pages to find what it is we're interested in-

Reading is entertaining, educational, and so important.

As Twain said...

The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man that can't read them.

• Like 1

You guys could have a thread for Bubba's Book Club from Neil's site.

Well, start one! What are you waitin' for? :D

I think if activity is low in the forum it's only because more people don't read. It'd be kinda nice if non-readers could be encouraged to read and thus participate here... but how does one do that?

I can't explain to someone who "hates to read" what reading has given to me in my life... but I'll try. I'm a 40-year-old man without a college degree who barely graduated high school, and yet I'm a very smart person because I've self-educated myself through voracious reading. (Remember, if it helps, that Professor Peart is a high school drop-out.) Reading has brought me to places that even films cannot, but most importantly it's expressed ideas to me and encouraged thought and imagination.

People who don't read are missing out. Big time. And people who can't read (none of these people are on the board, obviously)... well, I wish something could be done for them. I'd like to donate some time someday to teaching illiterate adults to read; it's something that's very important to me. In the choice between books, CDs, or movies, I'd probably pick the books.

Reading is entertaining, educational, and so important.

YES, what he said²!!! RushOn my brethren!! .... :dweez:
  • Like 1

i totally misunderstood the point of the thread, i thought this was for people that hated the SONG! lol, well, i'm glad it isn't, because i love the song - it's their 80s era, so what can you say? hehehe
  • Like 1

What about creating a virtual bookclub. Every member, on rotation selects a book, you have 4 weeks to read it before posting comments back....

That's an awesome idea, but I'd prefer something more active as well as slower paced, a chapter per week sort of thing and each Fri or Sat chapter discussion would commence

What about creating a virtual bookclub. Every member, on rotation selects a book, you have 4 weeks to read it before posting comments back....

That's an awesome idea, but I'd prefer something more active as well as slower paced, a chapter per week sort of thing and each Fri or Sat chapter discussion would commence

A chapter a week would be extremely slow.

I want to know what happened to Jack Aubrey is what I want to know.

Agreed. Amazing how folks just disappear. He certainly did...
  • Like 1

I want to know what happened to Jack Aubrey is what I want to know.

Agreed. Amazing how folks just disappear. He certainly did...

He's not the only one. What happened to Mike? He disappeared too.

True. I need to pay closer attention. I never even consider him but he has been gone a long time too... :(