the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 15 2011, 03:05 PM)
Why haven't I listened to Rapid Eye Movement more? It's really cool. I like the techno-like bits on 02 Panic Room. This CD goes from metal to super proggy to that techo-ish stuff.

I thought you didn't have REM? Or was that OOM?

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 15 2011, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 15 2011, 03:05 PM)
Why haven't I listened to Rapid Eye Movement more? It's really cool.  I like the techno-like bits on 02 Panic Room. This CD goes from metal to super proggy to that techo-ish stuff.

I thought you didn't have REM? Or was that OOM?

Uh... doofus. You sent it to me. laugh.gif

I bought Out of Myself.

On September 13, 2011, Opeth released disc 3 of Steven Wilson's Grace for Drowning Album under the title of Heritage. Two weeks later, Steven Wilson released discs one and two ( entitled Deform To Form a Star and Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye, respectively) of Grace for Drowning. When asked why the album was split up and released in such and odd manner, Wilson and Opeth front man Mike Akerfeldt stated that, "We wanted to do something no one had ever done before...this was the only thing we could think of."

Album of the Year = Black Country Communion 2

Edited by -Ender-

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Oct 7 2011, 02:28 PM)
On September 13, 2011, Opeth released disc 3 of Steven Wilson's Grace for Drowning Album under the title of Heritage. Two weeks later, Steven Wilson released discs one and two ( entitled Deform To Form a Star and Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye, respectively) of Grace for Drowning. When asked why the album was split up and released in such and odd manner, Wilson and Opeth front man Mike Akerfeldt stated that, "We wanted to do something no one had ever done before...this was the only thing we could think of."

Album of the Year = Black Country Communion 2

rofl3.gif

PRIMUS

Saw them last nite at the Louisville Palace...go there if you ever can. Eye candy galore.

So I never got exposure to them before except a song here and there. Really good music, I found the video too repetitive for may tastes; obvious cult following. Pretty cool.

Les did no RUSH, tho. sad.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 13 2011, 01:41 PM)
The postman delivered a double post too.

laugh.gif

(MOD EDIT: I've been in the habit lately of deleting accidental double posts, and I wouldn't have deleted that one by HA&S if I had realized someone responded to it. Oops!)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Listening through Mahler's entire symphony cycle for the second time in my life...this time Evgeny Svetlanov and the USSR State Symphony Orchestra's recordings. Hopefully this time I won't get hung up listening to the second symphony over and over again laugh.gif