the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

had been meaning to listen to listen to Liszt's piano sonata for quite some time now, and FINALLY got around to hearing it (Horowitz's 1987 recording) and all i can say is...WOW...to be able to, not only play, but just to WRITE, something that draws that much sound out of a piano, is simply stunning.

"Stockholm Syndrome" by blink-182 is one of the most perfect and powerful songs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

inb4 WHYYYY XANNYDEW

Edited by Xanadu93

So, on the way to the Georgia Southern game this morning, I figured that I should listen to an album from this year that I haven't heard yet: Bad Religion's The Dissent of Man. I should have DEFINITELY listened to this album sooner, it's a great record. I think it's a bit more easier to digest on a first listen than Stranger Than Fiction was, but that may be because I know what Bad Religion sounds like now, and I didn't last year. Anyways, it's a great record and probably one of my favorites of 2010.

(Which reminds me, I need to get to work on my 2010 list sometime soon.)

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 12 2010, 08:13 PM)
Toltec by Jon Anderson is the weirdest album I ever heard. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

I haven't heard any of Jon's solo stuff, but I would imagine that the ingestion of a hallucinogenic drug might make the music more enjoyable, because after all... it is Jon Anderson.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 12 2010, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 12 2010, 08:13 PM)
Toltec by Jon Anderson is the weirdest album I ever heard. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

I haven't heard any of Jon's solo stuff, but I would imagine that the ingestion of a hallucinogenic drug might make the music more enjoyable, because after all... it is Jon Anderson.

laugh.gif

I think this was some type of world music thing, there was this guy "Longwalker" talking about some spiritual stuff and Jon was making funny noises. He must of been on some serious drugs of to come up with this album laugh.gif

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Dec 14 2010, 08:56 PM)
Out of all the southern rock albums I have, I just realized that I have none by 38 Special. unsure.gif

They are awesome. I only have a greatest hits album, but I'm looking into getting more studio albums. They opened for Skynyrd, and Donnie Van Zant is one of the best frontman I've seen.