the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 24 2010, 10:54 PM)
just finished up Duke. forgot how much i LOVE this album!!!

Yes. <3

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Nov 25 2010, 03:55 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 24 2010, 10:54 PM)
just finished up Duke.  forgot how much i LOVE this album!!!

Yes. <3

No, Genesis... unsure.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 26 2010, 04:28 PM)
is ke$ha really so out-of-tune that the spoken word sections of her vocals have to be auto-tuned?

laugh.gif

Anyone like Spock's Beard? I was at FYE the other day and bought "X" because I wanted something new and I was only vaguley familiar with their name mostly due to Neal Morse's association with TA. I listened to it maybe 10 times now its pretty good ill have to get more of their stuff

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:48 PM)
Anyone like Spock's Beard? I was at FYE the other day and bought "X" because I wanted something new and I was only vaguley familiar with their name mostly due to Neal Morse's association with TA. I listened to it maybe 10 times now its pretty good ill have to get more of their stuff

get the older stuff, from back when neal morse was still with the band. id recommend starting with V, The Light, or Snow.

So, apparently there's a Radiohead "bootleg" out there, shot by fans, but with audio donated by the band for the project, and it's free. And I'm just now hearing of this? Will download sometime tomorrow. This looks awesome.

Just listened to Garbage's second album, Version 2.0, and while I don't think it's as great as the debut, it's still a damn good album, and "I Think I'm Paranoid" is still an awesome song. <3

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 1 2010, 07:15 AM)
Marillion's latest live offering, Live From Cadogan Hall, is splendid. All acoustic, bar the odd electric flourish from Mr. Rothery. Just lovely.

I want that "Live at Cadogan Hall" DVD so badly. Shame I'm skint & my wife refuses to buy me anymore Marillion DVDs.

So... I downloaded Nirvana's "Nevermind" last night. I haven't heard it in years, and the only copy I have is on cassette. (No, that's not at all embarassing.) Anyhoo, I had it cranked up on the way to work, and as I turn onto the drive that leads to the parking garage, I got pulled over by a Westlake cop. He stopped me for playing my music too loud! No ticket, but...

W

T

F

?

Goddamned communist.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 2 2010, 09:41 AM)
So... I downloaded Nirvana's "Nevermind" last night. I haven't heard it in years, and the only copy I have is on cassette. (No, that's not at all embarassing.) Anyhoo, I had it cranked up on the way to work, and as I turn onto the drive that leads to the parking garage, I got pulled over by a Westlake cop. He stopped me for playing my music too loud! No ticket, but...

W

T

F

?

Goddamned communist.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 21 2010, 06:01 PM)
After hearing a lot of good reviews, I finally got Octahedron by The Mars Volta. This is the first album of theirs that I've listened to and I was impressed. It dragged at times but overall I enjoyed it. My favorite tracks were Teflon and Cotopaxi. I'm going to get a few more of their albums when I have the time/money.

Octahedron is VERY different from TMV's other albums, just fyi.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 3 2010, 07:18 PM)
I wish I hadn't waited so long to buy Going for the One, its amazing.

Yes. <3