the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

I can listened to Quad in pieces... For Tommy, I must commit and listen from start to finish.

Whenever I listen to Quadrophenia all the way through it's always somewhat of a struggle whereas with Tommy the time seems to fly right on by...and Townshend's acoustic playing on Tommy is absolute genius.

I found a bunch of Rush cdr AUD bootlegs I made like 5 years ago, back when I wanted every possible Rush boot out there. Even though they sound crappy, I'm convinced that Rush sound better than any other band when it comes to really bad sounding AUD shows. Bands with two guitars and/or a bass that plays the same thing as the guitars are hard to hear but with Rush, the bass, drums, and guitar are completely separated and it's easy to follow, even if the show sounds horrible.
  • Like 1

I can listened to Quad in pieces... For Tommy, I must commit and listen from start to finish.

Whenever I listen to Quadrophenia all the way through it's always somewhat of a struggle whereas with Tommy the time seems to fly right on by...

It's the opposite for me.

• Like 1

Whenever I listen to Quadrophenia all the way through it's always somewhat of a struggle whereas with Tommy the time seems to fly right on by...

It's the opposite for me.

I listened to Quadrophenia in the car, as we were on our way to Brighton last May. That was something special.

Love both Quad and Tommy. :yes:

My GOD, after all these years I still get the same rush of joy listening to AC/DC as I did when I first (truly) discovered them when I was 12.

I love them. I LOVE THEM. All their albums, every single one. I love them all.

• Like 1

I'm on a MAJOR R.E.M. kick right now.

Top Ten:

Pilgrimage

Nightswimming

These Days

Green Grow the Rushes

Electrolite

7 Chinese Brothers

Disturbance At The Heron House

Monty Got a Raw Deal

Laughing

(Don't Go Back to) Rockville

My daughter made it very, very clear that The Beatles are her favourite band. "I LOVE THE BEATLES. I love them, mama."

Ahhhh my baby girl ;)

My GOD, after all these years I still get the same rush of joy listening to AC/DC as I did when I first (truly) discovered them when I was 12.

The greatest rock and roll band ever!

..and Motorhead...and The Ramones. There will never be any better than those three, NEVER! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Mumford & Sons have gone on hiatus.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY GOD WHY????????????????????????????

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What'll I do with all my tweed clothing & fake beards??

FML, baby, FML.

It's okay, Of Mumfords and Men, The Mumfordneers, Mumford Mumfords, et al are still around. Same thing, right?

• Like 1

The greatest rock and roll band ever!

..and Motorhead...and The Ramones. There will never be any better than those three, NEVER! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :haz: :haz: :haz:

The Ramones!!! I used to go see them at CBGB's in the Bowery. Those were the days.

• Like 3

What is it about Metallica that sucks so much now...I remember a time...

...when adrenaline starts to flow, you're thrashing all around, acting like a maniac...

What is it about Metallica that sucks so much now...I remember a time...

...when adrenaline starts to flow, you're thrashing all around, acting like a maniac...

Aye, exactly.

I just can't get into anything after the self titled album while RtL, K'eA and Master are stellar releases. I think the death of Cliff changed them all and they never got over it.

R.I.P. Mr. Burton

• Like 2