the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 11 2011, 05:55 PM)
I realized why I hate rave music: the pulsating beat just pisses me off. *unce*unce*unce*unce*unce*unce*unce*

The closest I get to rave is Big Beat because of The Chemical Bros. They still pack a huge punch for me.

I was watching a HD concert of Deep Purple the other night (HDNet), at Montreux in 2006, and I was thinking....

"Boy oh boy.... Ian Gillian's voice is really SHOT!!! "

I wish people could come up with a fair criticism for ambient music other than "It's just a bunch of random synths slowed down at least 30 times".

Also, page 100.

Edited by Oracle

I'm halfway through Chapterhouse's Whirlpool album right now, and thinking, "How/why the hell did I neglect these guys for so long?"

http://jailorenzo.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/charlie-sheen-winning-poster-300x300.jpg

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 19 2011, 08:15 PM)
Holy f**k the new Decemberists record is amazing. It's this early in 2011 and there are already two great records that I've heard. This year is going to be awesome.

Gotta agree with you, Tim. I love it. Now I gotta start checking out their back catalog.

I have a feeling that between this one and the upcoming Fleet Foxes record, I'm going to have a hard time selecting one Album of the Year this year!

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Apr 20 2011, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 19 2011, 08:15 PM)
Holy f**k the new Decemberists record is amazing. It's this early in 2011 and there are already two great records that I've heard. This year is going to be awesome.

Gotta agree with you, Tim. I love it. Now I gotta start checking out their back catalog.

I have a feeling that between this one and the upcoming Fleet Foxes record, I'm going to have a hard time selecting one Album of the Year this year!

I've not heard the new album by The Decemberists but their "Hazards Of Love" is fast becoming one of my favourite albums of all time.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Apr 26 2011, 03:38 PM)
I still like Phil Collins era Genesis no matter what anyone says.

trink39.gif

Edit: Also, I love how everyone seems to be listening to Tull's Heavy Horses lately. wub.gif cool.gif

Edited by Jaye

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 26 2011, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Apr 26 2011, 03:38 PM)
I still like Phil Collins era Genesis no matter what anyone says.

trink39.gif

Edit: Also, I love how everyone seems to be listening to Tull's Heavy Horses lately. wub.gif cool.gif

So true ohmy.gif

I'd never heard the album version of the song "Tomorrow" by Morrissey until today... and after finally hearing it, I kinda wish they'd used the radio remix on the album, which is much better IMO.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Apr 18 2011, 02:15 PM)
I'm halfway through Chapterhouse's Whirlpool album right now, and thinking, "How/why the hell did I neglect these guys for so long?"

http://jailorenzo.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/charlie-sheen-winning-poster-300x300.jpg

rofl3.gif

The new Panic! At the Disco record actually isn't so bad. The production's a bit too clean and slick for my liking, but the songs are good enough so it's not really that big of a deal. Considering that this record was made without Ryan Ross, who virtually wrote all of Panic!'s first two records, it's excellent.