the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

JON ANDERSON IS COMING TO ATLANTA ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12!!!! bncegrn.gif I really f***ing hope I can go, this is huge! biggrin.gif

On a Yes note... I downloaded Talk from Megaupload because I don't want to mess with Amazon's other-buyer thing. Can't wait to finally listen to it.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 15 2010, 11:28 PM)
I downloaded Talk from Megaupload because I don't want to mess with Amazon's other-buyer thing. Can't wait to finally listen to it.

Some really great material on that release. Underrated Yes album, imo.

As for my "random music thought"... 70s-era Jethro Tull rules!

This is a list of every major musical group I've ever seen (with venue and a brief word), to prove how much of a musical loser I am laugh.gif , and to prove that it sucks living 2+ hours away from Atlanta and Charlotte, two major stops for most groups.

The Marshall Tucker Band - Augusta Commons, Augusta Georgia, May 2005 (I barely remember this gig, I was only 11)

The Charlie Daniels Band - Augusta Commons, Augusta Georgia, November 2005 (this was a really great show, stood up for the whole show!)

Kenny Rogers - USC Aiken Convocation Center, Aiken South Carolina, May 2007 (this was a great show, with GREAT seats; too bad I didn't know any of his music)

Rush - HiFi Buys Amphitheater, Atlanta Georgia, June 2007 (do I need to say anything?)

Rush - Ford Amphitheater, Tampa Florida, June 2007 (ditto above)

The Charlie Daniels Band - USC Aiken Convocation Center, Aiken SC, October 2007 (another great show; got free tickets!)

Atlanta Symphony Orchestra - Atlanta Symphony Hall, Atlanta Georgia, October 2007 (school trip; I remember it being pretty good although I'd probably enjoy it more now)

Boston Pops Orchestra - Symphony Hall, Boston Massachusetts, June 2008 (VERY different from the above, but a great show; they did "Oye Como Va", and the audience did the HEY at the end!)

Rush - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Charlotte North Carolina, July 2008 (you know by now...)

Kaiser Chiefs - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta Georgia, August 2009 (opening for Green Day; excellent show... but I wish I had more time to listen to their music before I went.)

Green Day - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta Georgia, August 2009 (it may not be a popular thought but this was the best show all-around that I've ever been to.)

Silversun Pickups - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta Georgia, February 2010 (opening for Muse; didn't have time to listen to their music; guess it was cool that I got to see them, though)

Muse - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Atlanta Georgia, February 2010 (tied for second-best show of my life along with Rush in 2008... I really wish I could have been on the floor, though)

Confirmed shows:

Rush - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park, Atlanta Georgia, September 2010

Possible shows:

Jon Anderson - Variety Playhouse, Atlanta Georgia, September 2010

Daniel Tosh - Koger Center for the Arts, Columbia South Carolina, October 2010 (comedian for those of you who don't know)

Arists that I'm going to see as soon as they tour:

Morrissey

My Chemical Romance

Radiohead

"Tom Sawyer" can definitely be sampled and used over a rap song by like P Diddy, or Jay-Z.

I had a good pattern going in my head driving home last night from work, but alas, I can't remember what it is now, dammitt!!

I love how listening to songs from +44's When Your Heart Stops Beating album reminds me of that rainy Friday afternoon in Niagara Falls. I think I've got another rainy day album, along with Paramore's Riot!, except that this one is better.

102.1 The Edge out of Toronto is amazing. They played "Fell in Love with a Girl" by The White Stripes, and then immediately after it they played "Stupid Girl" by Garbage. I love this station. <3

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 29 2010, 12:13 AM)
http://rateyourmusic.com/board_message?mes...show=20&start=0

the responses to this thread are everything i love about music snobs.

the original story is pretty funny too.

"The pigeon probably wanted to hear their old stuff, but they weren't listening."

Fuckinlol'd.

I think BU2B is "my" new song. Nothing against Caravan (which also rocks) but this one's gonna f***ing own live. Haters can hate all the way to the lawn, and I'll take their front-row seats.

I may have said it before, but why does My Bloody Valentine give me a headache? I love, well, Loveless, but it seems to give me a slight headache whenever I listen to it. It's such a great mindfuck, though... wub.gif