Geddy's shoes?

trick_and_secret

Interestingly, it seems Geddy has a hang-up for shoes that would rival a woman's, even Imelda Marcos. He has many pair, some of which he only wears onstage. In the Rio documentary, we see him lose it when he thinks he's lost his stage shoes, and in the Presto tourbook he lists shoes as being one of his favorite things - something he can't live without.

I guess I assumed they were Converse, but they could be a cheap knock-off. I myself have owned several pairs of Converse over the years, in four different colors. I just bought a new pair of white ones two weeks ago.

The really annoying think is that I asked my fellow Rush-fanatic ages ago about this, and he said a brand begining with G or D.... but I'm definate they're not Converses... or maybe he has several pairs, and some of them are Converses tongue.gif The only problem is I want the ones that AREN'T converses cause if I wear converses at school I'm going to be branded and EMO... which I'm not....

QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 17 2008, 05:22 PM)
The really annoying think is that I asked my fellow Rush-fanatic ages ago about this, and he said a brand begining with G or D.... but I'm definate they're not Converses... or maybe he has several pairs, and some of them are Converses tongue.gif The only problem is I want the ones that AREN'T converses cause if I wear converses at school I'm going to be branded and EMO... which I'm not....

C'mon! Converse were famous way before anyone at your school was even born!

If Geddy Lee and Eddie Van Halen wear them they're certainly not associated with that scene at all.

I had no idea that wearing Chuckie-T's was considered "Emo." I've been wearing my new white ones to work a few days a week and have gotten compliments on them from my younger co-workers.

It used to be considered "punk" (or punk-like) back when I wore them in high school. At that time, I had them in white, black, red, and light purple (which matched a Perry Ellis boat shirt I had).

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Aug 17 2008, 05:26 PM)

If Geddy Lee and Eddie Van Halen wear them they're certainly not associated with that scene at all.

Yeah, but school kids aren't going to realise that wink.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 17 2008, 05:28 PM)

Ah well in that case f**k what school kids think. The majority of the same kids who listen to the shit on MTV? With taste like that they don't get a say in what's cool.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Aug 17 2008, 05:32 PM)

Ah well in that case f**k what school kids think. The majority of the same kids who listen to the shit on MTV? With taste like that they don't get a say in what's cool.

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

T&S - Could you edit your signature and place your banners atop each other, instead of side-by-side-by-side-by-side? Your signature now scrolls off the screen, and thus causes you posts to scroll off the screen as well. It makes reading your posts a chore after awhile. Just my request, not the Admins'.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 17 2008, 12:00 PM)
T&S - Could you edit your signature and place your banners atop each other, instead of side-by-side-by-side-by-side? Your signature now scrolls off the screen, and thus causes you posts to scroll off the screen as well. It makes reading your posts a chore after awhile. Just my request, not the Admins'.

Not exactly... they just went like that. SORRY.... buuuuut in essence.... too bad.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Aug 17 2008, 11:32 AM)

I happen to be one of "those kids". But I totally get what you're saying... plus all those people on MTV haven't been around for 34 odd years like Rush had, and most of my friend's favourite bands have ZERO talent, and ALSO Rush has meaningful lyrics and as it has already been dubbed is "rock with a brain"... need I go on? Oh and what REALLY pisses me off is the fact that all the girls in my class are content to sit around and talk about makeup, boys, celebrities that are no good to anyone and where they're going to shop after school.... I, on the other hand would rather talk politics, science, Rush... etc etc...

But I think that proves my point.

QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 17 2008, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 17 2008, 12:00 PM)
T&S -  Could you edit your signature and place your banners atop each other, instead of side-by-side-by-side-by-side?  Your signature now scrolls off the screen, and thus causes you posts to scroll off the screen as well.  It makes reading your posts a chore after awhile.  Just my request, not the Admins'.

Not exactly... they just went like that. SORRY.... buuuuut in essence.... too bad.

Just put them under each other by putting each of them on a new line (like mine) wink.gif

QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 17 2008, 12:17 PM)
Great, I also managed to tidy up my little list tongue.gif That should be better, right????

Much much much better. That's what I was talking about. Thanks.

Archived