Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

ladirushfan80

I think it will be good. The prospect that is looming is that Alan Rickman is going to have such a larger role in this film that the previous installments because of his character's (Snape) role in the sixth book. I.E........

Spoiler Warning for the book and movie below (highlight to read)

-Snape becomes the Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher

- Snape Kills Dumbledore

-Snape is the Half-Blood Prince...etc

Alan Rickman is probably the best Actor in the HP film Franchise, I can't wait to see more screen time devoted to him!!!!

On another note, I think this film will also define Michale Gambon as Dumbledore. Gambon really has not fully represented the role since he took over the role when Richard Harris died. This film is going to have a lot of exposition between DD and Harry. I think that this film will either Make or Break Gambon as Dumbledore.

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jul 31 2008, 10:40 AM)
It better be better than the last one...

I thought the last one was great. It was "Goblet of Fire" that sucked in a major way.

IMO.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2008, 06:58 PM)

I thought the last one was great. It was "Goblet of Fire" that sucked in a major way.

IMO.

Totally agree here. If I hadn't read the book I would have had no idea what the hell was going on in the Goblet movie. I know it's hard to cut a 700-page book down to a 2.5-hour movie, but the book was that long for a reason. I'm so glad they're making two movies out of Deathly Hallows.

The new trailer looks sick.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2008, 09:58 PM)

IMO.

Totally agree. I think the last one might even be my favorite.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 31 2008, 07:39 PM)

IMO.

It definitely was mine. But then, I'm biased because Order of the Phoenix is my favorite book in the series.

Damn, I want to read these books again. I haven't read them since the last one came out.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2008, 06:58 PM)

IMO.

Totally agree here. If I hadn't read the book I would have had no idea what the hell was going on in the Goblet movie. I know it's hard to cut a 700-page book down to a 2.5-hour movie, but the book was that long for a reason. I'm so glad they're making two movies out of Deathly Hallows.

The new trailer looks sick.

HBP was only 600 pages. There won't be as much compressing as much as with GOF and OoTP, hopefully it will do some good justice.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 31 2008, 03:58 PM)
On another note, I think this film will also define Michale Gambon as Dumbledore. Gambon really has not fully represented the role since he took over the role when Richard Harris died. This film is going to have a lot of exposition between DD and Harry. I think that this film will either Make or Break Gambon as Dumbledore.

I thought Gambon did great in the last movie with his escape from Fudge in his office, and the battle with Voldermort. He also had some pretty big shoes to fill. I'm sure he will be great in this movie.

IMO.

yes.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:58 PM)

IMO.

It definitely was mine. But then, I'm biased because Order of the Phoenix is my favorite book in the series.

Damn, I want to read these books again. I haven't read them since the last one came out.

I started reading them again about a month ago, and I'm halfway done with HBP now. Seeing the trailer while reading the book has me super excited about this movie coming out.

I continue to be amazed at the quality of the story Rowling created. The drama and humor and fantasy of it all - just perfect.

I'm torn between OotP and PoA as my favorite movie-adaptations of the books. The first two movies were great as well, but I'm a big fan of the way the story and content mature along with Harry.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 1 2008, 08:24 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:58 PM)

IMO.

I started reading them again about a month ago, and I'm halfway done with HBP now. Seeing the trailer while reading the book has me super excited about this movie coming out.

I continue to be amazed at the quality of the story Rowling created. The drama and humor and fantasy of it all - just perfect.

I'm torn between OotP and PoA as my favorite movie-adaptations of the books. The first two movies were great as well, but I'm a big fan of the way the story and content mature along with Harry.

I think out of the books my 2 faves were GOF and OOTP. I def loved the movies for POA and OOTP the best. biggrin.gif

I must be the only person who thought that OOTP sucked as a movie.

I thought GOF was startling in its skipping of REALLY important stuff, but it wasn't the letdown that OOTP was.

HBP looks decent, but I'll have to wait because I'm all the way across the ocean sad.gif

To be honest, when I was reading HBP I felt it was a bit rushed and written to please the readers rather than be conducive to the story. It was not my fave although it is a good story I felt it was lacking in quite a few areas.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 1 2008, 07:18 PM)
To be honest, when I was reading HBP I felt it was a bit rushed and written to please the readers rather than be conducive to the story. It was not my fave although it is a good story I felt it was lacking in quite a few areas.

I can kinda agree with that. While still a great book, I think when Rowling wrote HBP she definatly had the events of Deathly Hallows in mind. HBP really in a way feels like the Prologue to DH. The movie might play that way as well.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 31 2008, 10:58 PM)

IMO.

Yaa. I was certianly dissapointed with GoF.

But also; PoA & OotP were my favourites, so maybe that's why I was fine with OotP. tongue.gif

I can't wait for this movie to be out. biggrin.gif

I'm really getting excited about this movie. Half-Blood Prince is my favorite HP book, it'll be interesting to see how it translates onto the screen (especially the memory bits.)

I must be the only person who thought that OOTP sucked as a movie.

I thought GOF was startling in its skipping of REALLY important stuff, but it wasn't the letdown that OOTP was.

HBP looks decent, but I'll have to wait because I'm all the way across the ocean sad.gif

I don't think OOTP sucked, but it was definitely a disappointment. I think most of it was the script; they brought in a new writer for the Order, and the movie suffered as a result. The writer who wrote for the first four movies is returning for the sixth one, so I'm thinking it'll be better.

Edited by Spindrift82

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 31 2008, 04:58 PM)
I think it will be good. The prospect that is looming is that Alan Rickman is going to have such a larger role in this film that the previous installments because of his character's (Snape) role in the sixth book. I.E........

Spoiler Warning for the book and movie below (highlight to read)

-Snape becomes the Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher
- Snape Kills Dumbledore
-Snape is the Half-Blood Prince...etc

Alan Rickman is probably the best Actor in the HP film Franchise, I can't wait to see more screen time devoted to him!!!!

I appreciate the effort but yellow is not a good spoiler color. Try khaki.

Goblet Of Fire was good, but it is the worst of the lot. I lost hope in it after seeing the Death Eater scene at the Quidditch World Cup. They should have devoted more time to it.

The great thing about Order... is that JK told them to make a good film, rather than try and stick close to the book, which was the problem with GOF.

I still think Prisoner Of Azkaban is the best of all.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 15 2008, 05:18 AM)
Weak........

the film has been pushed back to Summer 09

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_on_...lm_harry_potter

That's really annoying. It's not like HP films are going to suffer at the box office if they're put out in the winter. Besides, they always seem like wintery-type films to me. Still, doing 6, 7i and 7ii in consecutive years is cool.

If they do this to Quantum Of Solace I'm going head-hunting laugh.gif