Your set-up

Saint NIck

Hi Everybody!

I was over at Best Buy yesterday kinda window shopping and took a look by the televisions...and the Blu-Ray systems = and got excited.

No, I didn't bring anything home...yet; but you could say that the thinking wheels are in motion.

I really can't complain 'cause right now I have a 27" JVC, vcr, Sony stereo, and a 5 disc-home theater.

I'm just looking so forward as to the Christmas Holiday time, because I figure by then the new Snakes & Arrows DVD will be born; and I've been hearing that it may be Blu-Ray as well. In addition, my first few Blu-Rays will be Rocky, Die Hard, Caddyshack and Halloween = my classics.

Thus, it will be time to break the bank.

How about y'all!

if you want a blu-ray player, get a PS3. doesn't hurt to have the gaming aspect of it, as well. is your tv 1080p? if so blu-ray is going to be great on it.

i'm the resident blu-ray expert at the best buy i work at. it's kind of silly to me lol

I love to window shop in Home electronics.

The problem is I always buy the darn Stuff laugh.gif

My current set up is

Living Room

Samsung 42" Plasma

Direct Tv HD DVR with aAM21 (to Record Over the Air HD.)

A PS3 80 gig

Regular X-box

Panny digital DVD Recorder

all hook up through a Yamaha Surround Receiver.

I only have a few Blue ray videos Blade Runner is awesome on Blue Ray,The Rock,and a Justice League straight to DVD disc.

Bed Room

Magnavox 37" LCD

Directv HD Box with built in OTA

Panny SD DVD recorder

Panny VCR.

Spare Room( for Sunday Two Guys Football Sessions )

A 27" Sharp Digital TV

Two 19" Analog TV's

Two Analog to Digital converters 2/2009 is coming SOON

I would really look hard at the PS3 for a Blue Ray Player the unit really is much more the a Game Console the Blue Ray player is Top Notch also you can down Download Blu ray movies to it for Rent or to buy. Network it to your PC for Music Pictures and more Its a pretty sweet set up.

We have one of the newer Samsung 46" LNT 4681 models with LED backlighting in our bedroom and lay/sleep on a Tempur-Pedic to watch it with. Love it! A pic I took of it last September when they had just started selling them...

http://home.comcast.net/~Assbuster/Sammy.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/Puckfiend94/Things/Lvngrm01.jpg

Mitsubishi 65" DLP 1080p

DirecTV w/ HD DVR

Philips DVD player

Nintendo Wii

Nintendo NES clone

Sony receiver

B&W 602 S2 speakers

We just have 3 old-fashioned television sets and one generic DVD player. tongue.gif

The whole HDTV / Blueray / Home Theater, etc. revolution has kind of passed me by. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have such things, but it just never seemed much of a financial priority to me. For a very long time I seriously considered getting Direct TV and having DVR's in every room, but then I realized that if I did that I would probably actually USE the things, and probably watch a lot more TV than I should. As it goes right now, it seems a luxury to watch TV when I have the time and having high quality picture and sound obviously isn't too important to me.

Then again, I've spent a lot of money on my stereo system because audio is a lot more important to me than video. For example, a friend of mine lent me all the Rush DVD's for a couple of months. I watched part of one of them once. I dunno, I'm just FAR more interested in audio then I am in video. At some point I'm going to start an audiophile thread because that's what really interests me personally.

So yeah, I'd love to get an awesome huge HD television with blue ray and a surround sound system, but it's just not something I have any desire to spend money on right now and my wife cares about it even less than I do...

Funny you posted this subject. I just finally went HD. I went and ordered furniture for my new place so I hit Best Buy and got a PS3 and a 42" 1080P Insignia TV. They took $100 off the TV for buying the PS3 so the total with cables, cleaning kit, surge protector, Spidy-3 Blu Ray was $1470 usd out the door.

The TV is entry-level but I'm loving the 1080p resolution. There are lots of free HD movies on demand (720p) which is nice. We watched "into the blue" last night and you could see Jessica's booty in full detail as she was swimming (not that I noticed it or anything, my girlfriend brought it to my attention.)

Here is my home theater. I have yet to setup my Klipsch center and rears, though...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/new_furniture/newfurniture012.jpg

I am livin' well behind the times, folks.

I only recently replaced the old set, and only because the color went (green people, etc). I did NOT buy an LCD/plasma/HDTV; I just don't watch enough to justify spending that sort of cash, and I don't think my eyes are so sharp as to warrant paying more for my Dish Service to get the HDTV programming. The replacement TV is a flat-tube (as opposed to a true flat-screen) 27" Insignia.

And yes, it IS in color, and it is also a stereo TV, run through the same speakers as the CD player. The speakers are custom-built by a friend in the AE Dept. at Georgia Tech. I paid for the components, and he did all of the wiring and built the cabinets.

There's another, smaller TV/DVD setup in front of the rowing machine. Workouts are so much more enjoyable if I can just pop in a movie, or the latest episode of Friday Night Lights.

I'll just state my room set-up since I'm not 100% sure of the living room (that's my parents stuff anyhow):

19" LCD flat screen TV; Venturer (was cheap, but good enough for the limited amount of TV I watch)

DVD: Pannasonic

DirecTV receiver box.

^^all stacked in that order.

The only reason I have the flat screen LCD TV is because my old lil' 13" broke last year. Well, I did have it since high school (8 years) laugh.gif It was one of those built in VCR/TV combos but the VCR broke very soon after getting it. It would have cost more to replace the VCR than buy a new setup, OR just get an external VCR, which I did. Then DVD's came into play, so I got rid of the VCR.

More than I needed to state, but I did it anyway.