VH 1 Rock Honors Award Show

tangy

http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/rock_honors/_2008/

The Who, Flaming Lips, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam etc.

Anyone else check this out? I think I have seen most of now and by ans large its good and I am not the biggest The Who fan. That said, alot of their music was burned into my brain at a young age and I am familar with most of their music and really enjoyed the show.

The Pearl Jam performance of Love Reigh o'er Me was incredible and the highlight for me. I actually thought they sounded better than The Who themselves.

Anyways check it out on VH1 ar at the link above- 1022.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 18 2008, 10:27 AM)

The Pearl Jam performance of Love Reigh o'er Me was incredible and the highlight for me. I actually thought they sounded better than The Who themselves.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2008, 12:21 PM)

The Pearl Jam performance of Love Reigh o'er Me was incredible and the  highlight for me. I actually thought they sounded better than The Who themselves.

confused13.gif

Sorry no offense meant. I call like I see them. And no, I am not a pearl jam fan.

I was completely impressed by Eddie Vedders vocals though and thought it was the best of the night. Rogers voice seemed a little weak by comparison. You can see the performance at the VH1 link or I would guess they will be airing it all weekend long. I saw parts of it again this morning.

The Who probably should of disbanded after Moons death and certainly after Entwistles death. I think Entwistle was my favorite member of the who.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 18 2008, 12:29 PM)

The Pearl Jam performance of Love Reigh o'er Me was incredible and the  highlight for me. I actually thought they sounded better than The Who themselves.

confused13.gif

Sorry no offense meant. I call like I see them. And no, I am not a pearl jam fan.

I was completely impressed by Eddie Vedders vocals though and thought it was the best of the night. Rogers voice seemed a little weak by comparison. You can see the performance at the VH1 link or I would guess they will be airing it all weekend long. I saw parts of it again this morning.

The Who probably should of disbanded after Moons death and certainly after Entwistles death. I think Entwistle was my favorite member of the who.

yeah, i am going to watch it tonight. they should have put it to bed after john died trink39.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 18 2008, 12:29 PM)

confused13.gif

In all fairness to Roger, he is probably 25 years older then Vedder and his voice has probably seen more wear and tear....

I've seen bits and pieces of it. Tenacious D was brilliant and hilarious as always. I saw The Who doing My Generation, and honestly, I didn't think it sounded very good at all vocally. Perhaps it's time Roger Daltry stuck to doing infomercials. unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2008, 08:59 AM)
I've seen bits and pieces of it. Tenacious D was brilliant and hilarious as always. I saw The Who doing My Generation, and honestly, I didn't think it sounded very good at all vocally. Perhaps it's time Roger Daltry stuck to doing infomercials. unsure.gif

Agreed, man. Roger didn't sound that great from the little snippet I saw. Maybe if they'd done it a few years earlier it would have been better, and if they'd done it in 2000 John Entwhistle would still be around.

well tangy, you were right trink39.gif . i am not a fan at all of P.J. but they did kick everyone's ass on that show. great singing also. roger look's like he is just going thru the motion's. kinda sad. i love THE WHO but put it to bed already. i did think the rest of the show blew donkey ball's. i am sick to death of dave g and his muppet headbanging show. adam sandler? are you fu*kin serious? out of the 3 show's vh1 has done that was by far the worst [imo]

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2008, 11:50 AM)
well tangy, you were right trink39.gif . i am not a fan at all of P.J. but they did kick everyone's ass on that show. great singing also. roger look's like he is just going thru the motion's. kinda sad. i love THE WHO but put it to bed already. i did think the rest of the show blew donkey ball's. i am sick to death of dave g and his muppet headbanging show. adam sandler? are you fu*kin serious? out of the 3 show's vh1 has done that was by far the worst [imo]

trink39.gif

The show was awesome! Looking forward to the mini tour this fall. common001.gif Washington D.C., baby!!!!! 1022.gif

Archived