The Dark Knight Reactions Thread

The Owl

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 19 2008, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Jul 19 2008, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 19 2008, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2008, 09:46 AM)
Excellent review, Presto-digitation. Better than a bunch I've read on Rotten Tomatoes.

One hundred and ten percent agreed! yes.gif

Presto, you should review films for a living and your writing style is enviable. I'm not just saying that, either. I mean it completely. Thank you once again for your contributions to this forum, you're an asset.

+1

+2

+47

Great review Presto! Thank you!

For those that saw the movie, I was wondering, would be be able to say an approriate age group? unsure.gif

I would say as long as your kid can sit there for 150 minutes and be ok then I'd say they're good to go. nothing was too graphic. nothing I could recall. besides the usual guns and explosions.

some people brought kids to the viewing I was at. needless to say people weren't happy when one started screaming numerous times throughout the movie, and another kept shouting "BATMAN!!!" at inappropriate times.

another reason why I want to go see it again. hopefully no kids will be in sight.

Edited by liddybuck01

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 19 2008, 12:20 PM)
Great review Presto! Thank you!

For those that saw the movie, I was wondering, would be be able to say an approriate age group? unsure.gif

PG-13 is very appropriate here. Nothing too bad.

I just got back from seeing this....10 / 10 in MY book! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif

"I wanna show you all a magic trick...." laugh.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2008, 06:46 AM)
Excellent review, Presto-digitation. Better than a bunch I've read on Rotten Tomatoes.

Seconded. I think that review sums it up perfectly.

I thought it was brilliant. Heath Ledger was especially good as the Joker (pity he won't be back for the sequel...) and Gary Oldman deserves accolades as well. The only cast member I thought was somewhat of a weak point was Maggie Gyllenhaal, and even she was at least competent.

I expect to see this film up for a lot of awards at the Oscars.

I saw The Dark Knight last night at the drive-in. It was really excellent. Heath definitely stole the show as the Joker. I'm looking forward to seeing it again. smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jul 19 2008, 12:41 PM)
The only cast member I thought was somewhat of a weak point was Maggie Gyllenhaal, and even she was at least competent.

Still miles above Katie Holmes though. wink.gif I agree though. I thought every cast member did a fantastic job with there role.

Edited by theworkingman

I'm going to make the same post I made in another thread. I'm really interested to see everyone else's opinion on this.

One question has kept me wondering that has to do with Two Face's death. Do you think he's really dead?

Nothing confirmed that he was 100% dead. They didn't check his pulse. Nothing.

It was only a three story fall and Maroni took a bigger fall and didn't die.

After the coin was flipped and Batman pushes him over the ledge you see the coin flip to heads which may be an indication of his life.

Also the second time I saw the movie I could have sworn I saw him breathing (no I'm not crazy)

I honestly think we'll be seeing Two Face back in the next film

If anybody has any other points to add please contribute. I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about this.

Heath Ledger has portrayed one of the greatest screen villians of all time. His performance was note perfect. His Joker is burned into my memory. He has set the standard.

The Dark Knight is as perfect as a comic book movie can be. Yes, there were problems, but there are problems in the comic books, it's just the nature of the beast.

Every actor was great, but Ledger just nailed it. I can't believe how good he was.

"Do you wanna know how I got these scars..."

The hospital scene was classic.

Okay, I'm saying it, he's the greatest screen psycho ever. EVER!

Agreed. Too much JACK in the 89 Joker and NO Ledger in this Joker. The guy disappears into the role. Not that that makes the former bad...it's just wayyyyy different.

I watched some clips from the first Batman last night and it was almost embarrassing watching Nicholson's Joker compared to what I've watched twice on screen now. What was once both campy and scary (a bit) with Jack is now just full on camp.

Ledger's forever redefined the role.

Oh and the Joker's creator is still alive and said last week at a screening the Ledger's take was always how the character was intended.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 20 2008, 01:08 AM)
I'm going to make the same post I made in another thread. I'm really interested to see everyone else's opinion on this.
One question has kept me wondering that has to do with Two Face's death. Do you think he's really dead?

Nothing confirmed that he was 100% dead. They didn't check his pulse. Nothing.
It was only a three story fall and Maroni took a bigger fall and didn't die.
After the coin was flipped and Batman pushes him over the ledge you see the coin flip to heads which may be an indication of his life.
Also the second time I saw the movie I could have sworn I saw him breathing (no I'm not crazy)
I honestly think we'll be seeing Two Face back in the next film
If anybody has any other points to add please contribute. I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about this.

I think he's dead. If Two-Face was intended for the sequel I'm pretty sure there would be no doubt he was alive. They used Two-Face prefectly in the movie, there's no need to bring him back.

Batman dropped Maroni with the intention of breaking his legs/ankles. Dent probably fell on his neck. Big difference.

i enjoy both jack's and heath's joker interpretations. they are too different to compare, really.

what about christian bale. is he the best batman? i still love keaton, but bale plays a great bruce wayne.