The Dark Knight Reactions Thread

The Owl

It's 3am and I just got back from a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight".

It's late and I cannot itterate on it tonight, but I will say this...

Lives up to the hype.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back and I'm too tired to right a full review but it was not as good as I thought it would be at all. Not as good as some of the critics made it out to be.

IT WAS WAY BETTER!!!

Go see this movie! And if you can go see it in Imax. You won't be dissapointed one bit. I'll try to see it again tomorrow if i can. Brilliant movie!

I have to wait to go see this one because my friends and I have conflicting schedules and we all want to go together so it looks like we may not be going until next weekend. To those of you who have seen it already or are going this weekend: have fun and I envy you! Also, my thanks to you for this thread, I love seeing stuff like this in here! I appreciate each and every one of you who contribute to this forum.

What the hell is up with New Yorker Critics? Are they to full of themselves or just pissed Dark night was filmed in Chicago -

94% of all film critics rave about this movie but not New Yorkers:

NY Sun

New Yorker

NY magazine

Time out of NY

Wall St. Journal

NY press

All of them gave it mixed to "The most overated film ever" reviews -

Go back to watching your damn Yankees and leave the film watching to those who truly appreciate them -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jul 18 2008, 01:47 PM)
What the hell is up with New Yorker Critics? Are they to full of themselves or just pissed Dark night was filmed in Chicago -

94% of all film critics rave about this movie but not New Yorkers:

NY Sun
New Yorker
NY magazine
Time out of NY
Wall St. Journal
NY press
All of them gave it mixed to "The most overated film ever" reviews -

Go back to watching your damn Yankees and leave the film watching to those who truly appreciate them -

Ha! laugh.gif The "Chicago angle" might be true! We all know Gotham City is based on New York City, so alot of pretentious New York intellectual film critics are pissed off! laugh.gif

I lived in New York City my entire life and I could not care less about The Dark Knight being filmed in Chicago! Chicago is a better planned city and the architecture is better!

Spoiler Below (I know I put in the thread title, but this one time I'll do this) Highlight to read:

The only negative thing was how they just "threw" scarecrow in right at the beginning. I guess they had to show his capture, but it was kinda out of place.

I was on nails during the ferry vs. ferry scene. And it was really cool when the inmate took the detanator to the other ship and threw it out the window.

I saw it with a couple of friends a couple of hours ago, and I have to say that I really didn't like it all that much. I really don't know why either. I'm really at a loss for words. I guess I was just really disappointed. I guess I expected something a lot better.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Jul 18 2008, 07:57 PM)
I saw it with a couple of friends a couple of hours ago, and I have to say that I really didn't like it all that much. I really don't know why either. I'm really at a loss for words. I guess I was just really disappointed. I guess I expected something a lot better.

Ah great, now I don't want to see it! laugh.gif

i really could've done without harvey dent. they could've done so much more with just the joker, but i'm assuming they were planning on doing more with him in the next film. now we'll never know what could've been.

p.s.(SPOILER!)

do you think when lucius said his new suit could protect him against cats, it was a hint that catwoman might be in the next film? i REALLY hope so! biggrin.gif

but anyways. this film was incredible. christian bale is great as batman. even better as bruce wayne. he plays the billionaire playboy perfectly.

and heath ledger's performance, well, there's really no words for it other than breathtaking. i miss him even more now. sad.gif

Edited by liddybuck01

^i agree completely.

i think i might go see it again. possibly imax this time, just for kicks.

being a jack nicholson fan is was interesting to see heath's take on the character. and wow, they are so different. i don't think jack would've put on a dress and a wig, that's for sure. but that's why heath was such a talent, he would go there, no matter what.

and you're so right about not knowing what was next. after what happened to gordon, i thought the same thing was going to happen with rachael, but it wasn't so.

even the dialogue parts were interesting, whereas in some films those areas drag a bit.

and i've heard some people crapping on maggie gylenhaal. i enjoyed her, even more than katie holmes. she has something dark about her as a person that fits in with this film a little better than katie did.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2008, 09:46 AM)
Excellent review, Presto-digitation. Better than a bunch I've read on Rotten Tomatoes.

One hundred and ten percent agreed! yes.gif

Presto, you should review films for a living and your writing style is enviable. I'm not just saying that, either. I mean it completely. Thank you once again for your contributions to this forum, you're an asset.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 19 2008, 03:06 PM)
Excellent review, Presto-digitation. Better than a bunch I've read on Rotten Tomatoes.

Presto, you should review films for a living and your writing style is enviable. I'm not just saying that, either. I mean it completely. Thank you once again for your contributions to this forum, you're an asset.

+1

QUOTE (Soni @ Jul 19 2008, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 19 2008, 03:06 PM)

+1

+2

I agree wholeheartedly! This film just kicks ass! The part of the Joker was riveting and hilarious. There was one part in the movie where I actually jumped up in my seat as did most of the audience as it was so unexpected.

I'm looking forward to seeing it at the IMAX! Must see film!