New guy

Myou2112

Well, I finally found a Rush forum that has more than two active members.. biggrin.gif

I have been listening to rush for about a year and a half.

(Im only 14)

Not too long. But ever since then, I have basically listened to NOTHING but Rush.

I saw them live in Houston on 4-19. I was angry that I couldn't go to the first leg of the tour, but when I heard they were coming BACK to Houston, I went crazy with joy.

So yeah, I hope to seeing some of you around.

Welcome to the site. When I signed up I made a big deal about my age too but the more you hang around the more you fnd there is a fair collection of younger Rush fans here. If you decide to stick around I know you'll enjoy yourself, this is as someone's already said the best Rush forum on the internet.

Welcome aboard! 1287.gif trink39.gif

welcome trink39.gif

Let me give ya just one piece of music-related advice here, kid. An entry from my own book of past experiences might make yours more enjoyable in the long run....When you say that you've been listening to NOTHING but Rush, I cringe.

I know that the tendency for teens is that when you guys finally discover something which you can fully identify with, something which you find to be incredibly alluring and worthy of reverence, you cats tend to develop tunnel-vision to a certain extent, latching on to that one thing at the exclusion of everything else.

Maybe this can only be seen in retrospect. Or, maybe you're already able to detect this kind of uni-dimensional thought in your current behaviour. Anyways, all of you guys are guilty of it to one degree or another. And, maybe there's an evolutionary reason for this pattern. It certainly does create a sense of conviction, urgency and idealism in the eye of the beholder, and this might lead one to action while all others lay idle. I dunno.

I basically took that long-asz route just to advise you to begin adding other bands to your musical diet...and promptly. When I was 14 and 15, I became a huge Zeppelin-head. I was entirely consumed by that band's existence and identity...didn't want to know about nuthin' else from nobody. I was so known for my fascination with this musical group that upon graduation from Jr. H.S., the class left me Led Zeppelin as part of it's Last Will and Testament. I ate, drank and breathed LZ.

By the time I graduated from H.S. I frikkin hated Led Zeppelin. I had listened to, watched and read so much on just this one subject that I totally burned myself out on it. And, it was so avoidable too. All I had to do was pace myself and supplement just a few of the many other awesome bands in there and I coulda loved LZ forever. But, I overdosed on them and had to have my ears, eyes and brain pumped of the stuff.

I wasn't able to listen to LZ for another whole decade. It was only around ten plus years later that I was able to appreciate them once again. But, never on the same level....So, if you dig RUSH in a big way and want to retain that feeling for many years to come, please do yourself a big favor and ration out your exposure to this Canadian Power Trio. You'll thank me, for sure. There's so much other awesome music out there anyways.